JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You think?

How do you replace the missing parts of the barrel/receiver junction?

And the recoil shield?

And shrink that expended barrel?

And why do it, as the result of getting caught with it is a 5 -10?
Did your guns have huge sentimental value or what...why didnt you just sell them before you moved...then bought replicas or something...rather than running a good piece

If you had to jump through the hoops that WE do over here, all of YOUR guns would have deep sentimental value, too.

Replica Lahti? Radom? Walther target pistols? SIGs - eight of them, including a three calibre set of P210-6? ....and all the others? No replicas of them, Sir. And who to sell them to? I managed to 'move on' around thirty to friends in the USA and on mainland Yoorup, but with each one needing about eleventy-nine pages of documents and a Board of Trade export license, it got tedious pretty fast. Three ended up in the MoD Pattern Room, now in Leeds and the private part of the Royal Armouries - the rest are stored, along with everybody elses, in the Command Storage Facility at at COD Donnington, Shropshire, but we are not suppoesd to know that.

I didn't move anywhere, BTW, but for most of the time that all this hoohah was going on I was elsewhere doing the job that the Queen paid me to do.

I spend time in the GWN with the family, ditto in Oregon, but I'm firmly stuck here in yUK forever. Until I die, that is, then I'm coming back to Oregon, albeit in powder form.

tac

You think?

How do you replace the missing parts of the barrel/receiver junction?

And the recoil shield?

And shrink that expended barrel?

And why do it, as the result of getting caught with it is a 5 -10?
I think that post was the equivalent of, "that'll buff out" kind of post ;)

All of this sucks, and honestly, looking at the degree to which you have to 'deactivate' them, it's an amazing waste of time and effort, talk about over the top rules and regs. Sounds like the Britain i know :(

Just picked this up, first 1911/2011 style pistol I've ever had

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
If you had to jump through the hoops that WE do over here, all of YOUR guns would have deep sentimental value, too.

Replica Lahti? Radom? Walther target pistols? SIGs - eight of them, including a three calibre set of P210-6? ....and all the others? No replicas of them, Sir. And who to sell them to? I managed to 'move on' around thirty to friends in the USA and on mainland Yoorup, but with each one needing about eleventy-nine pages of documents and a Board of Trade export license, it got tedious pretty fast. Three ended up in the MoD Pattern Room, now in Leeds and the private part of the Royal Armouries - the rest are stored, along with everybody elses, in the Command Storage Facility at at COD Donnington, Shropshire, but we are not suppoesd to know that.

I didn't move anywhere, BTW, but for most of the time that all this hoohah was going on I was elsewhere doing the job that the Queen paid me to do.

I spend time in the GWN with the family, ditto in Oregon, but I'm firmly stuck here in yUK forever. Until I die, that is, then I'm coming back to Oregon, albeit in powder form.

tac

Am I mistaken that I remember you posting pictures in the past, of centerfire revolvers that you have converted to UK legal by attaching a steel rod to the grip giving you a legal OAL?

Why not with this one?

Am I mistaken that I remember you posting pictures in the past, of centerfire revolvers that you have converted to UK legal by attaching a steel rod to the grip giving you a legal OAL?

Why not with this one?

Ah, right.

The cartridge-firing handgun ban came into force in mainland UK in October 1997.

At that time, there was no such category of firearm as the so-called 'long-barrelled revolver/pistol'.

They did not come into existence until 2001.

The term long-barrelled revolver [LBR]is actually a misnomer, as they are, in fact, classed as rifles/carbines due to their immutable overall length of 24".

The are NO self-loaders in centre-fire calibres though, only .22 rimfire.

As ever, the law is an [alternative word for donkey - three letters].

And BTW, the guns used to make these so-called LBRs are not converted by the user, they are actually MADE like that by the manufacturer, in my case, Sturm Ruger. They ceased production on the death of Bill Ruger, and are now VERY collectable, highly-prized and VERY costy. IF I was tempted to sell mine, I could easily ask $5000 and get it. The other two companies who made them were the Brazilian Rossi company, now making the last 200 in .22LR/.357-38spc and .44Mag/Spec, and Cimarron Arms, whose products top $5000 here in yUK. I've never seen one in use, BTW.

A reminder of the legal requirements - Minimum length of bbl = 12", minimum oal = 24".

Even the .22 rimfires have to fit the 'box'.

tac

Edited after talking to one of our club members who is a UK RFD [FFL kinda thang]

Last Edited:
picked up another Astra 400 so I can dual wield them!
I really love these weird looking pistols ;)

managed to get a couple of boxes of 9mm largo @ the gunshow this weekend and i have some 38 auto ammo too so im definately gonna put a few rounds through these old pistols next weekend

4C2E6E3C-FE9B-42A8-9EE8-48CFFEC78DAF_zps1wekkius.jpg 3245F7A7-FCCE-47CA-9313-BEB0B6D6C3DF_zpshkwrcpv5.jpg CD84E2BB-EA91-459B-8474-4E5C4F86A840_zpst9abzq0f.jpg

Just to note that they are, uh, 'exciting' to shoot. Empties seemed to fly about fifty feet in the one that I had...also, mrs tac, an experienced handgunner, just could not cock the thing at all.

Enjoy for us!

tac

Here's some of what I had before the boating accident

1970s Colt Ace

RIA / Marval Precision .22 Conversion

1970s Colt Combat Commander

1970s Colt Gov't Model

Pre Clinton Ban P14 Para-Ordnance

Kahr PM9

Kahr K9

Older Hi Standard Victor

S&W mod 66

S&W 342 Ti

ColtAce006.jpg DSC00049.jpg 02ColtCombatCommander.jpg 01ColtGovtModel.jpg 02ColtGovt-Para.jpg 08%20Johns%20PM9.jpg 01-JohnsK9.jpg HighStandard02.jpg 07.jpg DSC00018.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top