JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
super excited about this one!
been wanting one these forever and the local gun store has had a couple of them for a while,
the only thing that was stopping me was the weird caliber 9x21 mm (9mm largo)

Astra 400 in 9mm largo (barrel is marked 9mm and 38)

iraqveteren8888 recently put a video up on youtube of this pistol and it finally convinced me to buy one

my great great great grandfather supossedly went over to Spain in 37 to fight with the international brigade so I have always had an interest in the Spanish civil war

I just ordered some 38 auto ammo so hopefully i will get to put a few rounds through this soon

I know its not as cool as a p08 luger or a c96 mauser but im really stoked about this Astra 400 so i just wanted to share it with the forum

:cool::cool:

ECA9EFAB-19C9-4A42-8584-75449D782CD2_zpsbrbtulps.jpg 50FC9B7D-58FC-4DED-BE41-CF94C69DEDD1_zpswlanbh45.jpg 017110BD-5C9B-4862-BC7D-A7CC6617021B.png

sigsauerwithrosewoodhandles001-jpg.307224.jpg

She's a beauty, but this stone gathers no moss, so it's in the classifieds now. Hope it's not one of those, "wish i didn't" things later, but I've given it a lot of thought and think not.

some really nice gear and pics here ladies and gents, good job many! :)

2 of my new favorites
Old tokerev (shoots so good!!!)
Ive developed a preferance for narrow old crappy sights

And my arsenal strike one(incedible shooter)
My 1911 wont be getting shot much anymore and my glock has been retired to truck gun and if i feel like carrying
20160814_124348.jpg
20160814_101551.jpg

Well im sure some of you have seen my wifes polished up ruger 10/22 that i did for her christmas stocking a few years ago...
Well i finally got the last part for the ar15 i wanted to assemble for her. I just finished assembling it a few minutes ago....

I had killer coatings in cornelius do a
tungsten grey cerekote and i found some pink furniture form a forum memeber

So all i need is a good pistol for her and her kit is complete.

Oh and by the way...she hasnt seen it yet so if you see it up for sale in the classifieds soon that means she didnt like it....:confused:
20160819_174622.jpg

My Spike's Tactical ST-15 build is finally done- the longest part was waiting for the lower while it was in gun store jail for the 10 day waiting period. I'm still waiting on a single point sling and end plate ring from Aim surplus, but that won't stop me from having a great time in Oregon! Yep- I'm gonna bust her cherry up in OR. Hopefully she will pass her live fire test well- this is my first time building an AR.

Geno My Spikes Tactical ST-15_003.jpg

You live in the state to the South of Oregon, and you have THREE magazines?

Surely there's some kind of state law that prohibits you from actually owning THREE of 'em?

After all, it's the state where the Surgeon General warns expectant mothers not to eat one of these for fear of injuring their unborn children.........

upload_2016-8-20_17-24-54.png

Mind you, at 18 pounds weight each it would take a certain degree of application, as I'm sure you'd agree.

tac

tac,
I play with model trains too- a hobby I got back into BIGTIME when I lived in OR. O gauge doesn't work well if you don't have a huge train room to set up a layout in, and when we buy a home up there I will definitely take that into account.

Geno

can't wait to try this little monster out next weekend-

Zastava m85 .223

still stoked about the Astra 400 i picked up recently, took it apart to clean all the old rust and gunk out of it, kinda a PITA to get back together and man the recoil spring is a beast on this old pistol!

Got a few boxes of 38 auto for it the other day so shes cleaned and ready to go! still need to get some 9mm largo for it too

:s0139:

DA59495C-7F9D-4209-9AF3-AE73E4FDAC6E_zpsnywzyenw.jpg 73662A1D-3CAA-4941-8C59-E1A5F258B8B6_zpsx7fpugfi.jpg 3B2C42AC-20D3-47B8-99F8-7DA910AE57D8_zpsuefcihv7.jpg

well here is a kinda mis-matched photo I thought I would share with the forum, I keep this stuff along with some other items in an old wood cigar box of memories

It is a mis-matched photo in that the items are those of my father, grandfather and mine.

The medals are my grandfathers he was in the East lancashire regiment and fought from France through Holland and into Germany in WW2
he was a Bren gun operator and supposedly one of the first soldiers to enter the gates at Belsen concentration camp

The photos, army papers and cap are my fathers
he was in the parachute regiment and fought bought of the suez conflicts in Egypt
he was very proud of earning that cap

The Canik 9mm pistol and guerka cigar are mine

The canik 9mm pistol is my HD pistol so its basically the easiest gun to put in the photo (this is a show you're guns thread hehe)
and the cigar is what im having for lunch

anyways I just wanted to share this picture with the forum and could not think of another place to post it

:)

9F23F6C4-0167-4D96-9C5E-CE6CFF8CCBA1_zpsmfqczixh.jpg 840C6A85-E6FB-4D24-A09B-7FD13361F7DB_zpssfpjspqk.jpg 5531DA76-A4D3-445B-AA77-1FE9C7B82ED2_zpsiaun1mku.jpg

o.

Wait, didn't I actually start a gun story thread a while back? I must go lool.

tac

tac

if you have the time and are willing would you please post some pictures of those deactivated revolvers you have, im very interested in seeing the work that was done to them to make them de-acts

may I say that im also very sorry that those guns had to die but I'am super interested in seeing what was done to them

If the starter hasn't been deleted, I'll go look for it and post something for you. I suggest that you take a Valium before you look - it ain't purty. :(

tac
:(

Also interested in seeing them, although i understand your comments, and, it is more of a train wreck, kind of interest :(

Here is the rifle I own, Spikes lower and mostly PSA and troy upper parts with a cheapo bushnell red dot-

I prefare pistols so me wife shoots it more than me
here she is in a flightsuit she uses for mechanics work-

dont tell her I posted this pic or she'll kick me a$$

67803E57-1EE7-4685-AC8D-7641115F0E64_zpsjcvkmns0.jpg 24927DE2-B0C4-4DE9-9E6B-FFF4E0936BC0_zpsajeyqqn3.jpg

My motley collection so far! From top,995B Classic in ambush camo, freshly built Sarco/Andersen AR15 with .223 Wylde barrel, and a tasco red dot in temp mounts (little too low.. will either replace with a proper riser/canti mount and a rear sight or a complety replace whole thing with a carry handle.. not sure yet)
Ruger P85 MKIIR-forgot this lol
Remington Nylon 66 and finally a JC Higgins Mod 20 12ga

20160821_141612.jpg 20160821_141624.jpg

Last Edited:
LONG POST -

I've been axed to post pics of one of my deactivated handguns, and since I don't have any of the self-loader that were deactivated [two pristine Lugers and a Walther PP] you'll have to use your imagination where they are concerned.

The deactivation method shown in this example was current between 1995 and last April, when the EU Consultative Firearms Safety Committee [riiiiiiiiiiight] changed the rules somewhat so that guns from the Czech Republic needed more than taking a pin out to the barrel to re-activate. I may have told you that three guys here in yUK are currently serving life sentences -ie. 12 - 14 years apiece - for doing just that. Three of the guns they revived were used to kill people over here - fellow dealers, of course, not ordinary Joe Public.

This Ruger Redhawk was bought new by me in the late '80s, and was great fun to shoot, like any .44Magnum handgun is. I had forty-seven Model 29s to compare it with, and this was a pussycat to shoot, no doubt due to the Paul Bunyan-style build of the thing.

Anyhow - here we go - @Joe - you might consider making this a sticky, since it is likely a good thing to remind folks that if a certain female politician gets her way, this is prolly going to be a lot more common on your side of the Great Water. Incidentally, this process costs around $150 - each - and can only be carried out by certain authorised gunsmiths. The arm, now a gun-shaped paper-weight, is then shipped to the Birmingham Proof House where it is inspected, and issued with a certificate of deactivation in accordance with Home Office policy.

Until April of this year, that was good enough for anybody, since it s plainly obvious that this piece is never going to recoverable into a live-firer, UK deactivation law being the most rigourous of all EU nations. However, now it is not, and the gun must be welded into a single piece - non-functioning in any way. It is also an offence to sell, trade or give as a gift any firearm that has been deactivated according to the previous rules. So I can't get rid of them except by handing them in at my police police station.

whoopee.

Here it is -

upload_2016-8-22_11-24-23.png

Ahah! Silver steel rod pressed into barrel with a forty-ton press. Within an inch of the muzzle, and 1/4 inch of the forcing cone.

upload_2016-8-22_11-26-7.png

upload_2016-8-22_11-26-36.png

Note also the undercut, filled with weld..
upload_2016-8-22_11-27-39.png

The cylinder has the centre removed, and replaced with a steel annulus, preventing any insertion of a cartridge....

upload_2016-8-22_11-28-46.png

upload_2016-8-22_11-29-16.png

The recoil shield, along with the nose of the firing pin, is machined away....

upload_2016-8-22_11-30-15.png

That's it folks.

Please note - carefully - that any flaming directed at me personally, instead of the TWO governments of the UK that caused this to happen, will be met by instant placing of the poster the norty step - ie, activation of the ignore button.

That, gentlemen, is usually a one-time decision. P*ssing in THIS boy's hat is a one-time event.

Thank you.

tac

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class