JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I'm only 1/4 Swedish, so it looks like I stopped at the right amount ;) My grandmother though, 100% pure Swedish. Wonderful woman, but I have a feeling she would have been on this guy's side...
My grams was full Swedish and I think she would have been against it. Her husband and most her sons and SILs were hunters.

RTKBA is A right, not a granted permission.

Brutus out

reality is, gun control only theoretically works if ALL guns are taken away, including hunting guns. So many hunters (and other gun owners) out there think the Second Amendment applies to hunting rifles and not defensive firearms, they typically support the "common sense" gun laws. What they fail so miserably at see is, hypothetically if they did take away all defensive guns, they would learn just how defensive and military like their hunting guns are... and will be next on the list the antis want to ban. Start talking about taking away hunting guns and maybe some more gun owners will wake up and see the light.

A WI dem did propose an all out semi-auto ban,
Dem Gun Ban Would Require Confiscation, Ban Most Pistols

Which woke up a few hunters when they realized that it impacted their hunting rifles/shotguns, so the dems backed down.
Wis. Dems Retreat from Gun Confiscation Plan

I'm saddened by the thought that even after that scare, most of the hunters have fallen back asleep and would be OK with a so-called AWB, as long as they can have their preferred hunting rifle/shotgun.

Ray

Why, when you get a hunting licence... they already know you have guns
Not necessarily. Unless you get the combined Sportsman's package that gets you all the tags you have a chance with in Oregon... There are archery tags, there are trap tags (fur bearing trapping), and then there's the other tags that makes it pretty clear they expect you to have guns

I read his article and he's an idiot. He comes from the world that thinks gun regulation is good and that the government has the right to know what we have and how we got it.

We can't allow these people to claim they are progun. We just can't.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them."
_G. Orwell
This clown qualifies as an intellectual, and the idea qualifies as stupid.

Oh, and the main difference between a "hunting rifle" and a "sniper rifle" is the target. They will not go after hunting rifles. First they will label them as sniper rifles.

Oh, and the main difference between a "hunting rifle" and a "sniper rifle" is the target. They will not go after hunting rifles. First they will label them as sniper rifles.

yeah, what most hunters don't realize is their guns are actually of military origin/design...
People think its all about the AR15 being "more deadly" than any hunting rifle, and it is... but its all about the person, not the weapon. The antis don't get that, the hunters that support gun control don't get that. Take away the AR15, and they will use something else to equal destruction.
1966 Charles Whitman used a bolt action hunting rifle to shoot 49 people killing 16 of them in one mass shooting. His main weapon, a Remington 700 chambered in 6mm for varmit hunting.

After they ban the AR's they will ban hunting rifles. Will they ban hunting, probably not... I hear in Canada outside of hunting season you can only shoot your hunting rifle at a range and are only allowed to posses the rifle outside of the home to and from the range. You can bet their hunting rifles are registered...

yeah, what most hunters don't realize is their guns are actually of military origin/design...
People think its all about the AR15 being "more deadly" than any hunting rifle, and it is... but its all about the person, not the weapon. The antis don't get that, the hunters that support gun control don't get that. Take away the AR15, and they will use something else to equal destruction.
1966 Charles Whitman used a bolt action hunting rifle to shoot 49 people killing 16 of them in one mass shooting. His main weapon, a Remington 700 chambered in 6mm for varmit hunting.

After they ban the AR's they will ban hunting rifles. Will they ban hunting, probably not... I hear in Canada outside of hunting season you can only shoot your hunting rifle at a range and are only allowed to posses the rifle outside of the home to and from the range. You can bet their hunting rifles are registered...

:s0101:

Yep!

Yep I agree also. My Winchester model 70 is the best damn sniper, uh, I mean deer rifle I own. I can put 6 rounds in a 4" circle at 100 yards. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top