JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I see you have 1911 probably one of the best gun's to carry cocked and locked.
It has a thumb safety and a grip safety .
I think it was 1911

Last Edited:
I know all about Colion I follow him on YouTube see the sweat shirt THE PEW PEW LIFE IMG_20180629_125618.jpg

Today's best effort. Stock XP-100 in .221 Fireball. 100 yards from sandbags. 34 gr Dogtown bullet and 13.6 gr.s of Lilgun. A little trigger tuning and I might shrink this a little bit.

WP_20180714_003.jpg

I know that 90% of people against it, but I'm not interested in any pointless debate over it. :) (Read video's description.) I already took part of debates back in the days over and over on multiple forums. Yankeemarshall made a good video about carrying with and without +1, Colion Noir also carried with no round in the chamber, etc. Their videos are worth watching.

If carrying is not restricted, then how people carry is up to them.
Do you carry your pictured wheelgun with an empty chamber first round up?
anyway

I don't bleeve I've ever seen a worserer grip on any handgun in my life.

Tell me it isn't for real.

tac/Flarp
It was a posed photo. All the shooting was done from in front of the table, same spot where I was kneeling or to my left.
Looking at the shadows and the pistol case was on the table, we were packing up. Said, "Hey Brian, get a photo of me with the revolver...."
But, in truth, if that's how I posed with it, that's probably how I hold it when shooting. Thanks for pointing it out....
RSO friend was all over me for lack of safeties and in another pose, no hearing protection or safety glasses.

It was a posed photo. All the shooting was done from in front of the table, same spot where I was kneeling or to my left.

'kay. I guessed that you weren't actually shooting as the hammer was down and it didn't look like you were holding on to a recoiling revolver. Still, it goes to show that even at 5000 miles distance, some smart-bubblegum is going to take notice of how you hold a gun, right or wrong. Since I'm still an NRA coach/instructor I notice all this stuff - just pay me no never-mind, ok?

Flarp, writing as tac

'kay. I guessed that you weren't actually shooting as the hammer was down and it didn't look like you were holding on to a recoiling revolver. Still, it goes to show that even at 5000 miles distance, some smart-bubblegum is going to take notice of how you hold a gun, right or wrong. Since I'm still an NRA coach/instructor I notice all this stuff - just pay me no never-mind, ok?

Flarp, writing as tac
@tac, Your comments help, and I appreciate it.
I stink on accuracy with that gun, have been working on hand and forearm strength with improving results. Originally, I would shoot ~7" high with it, now down to ~3" high. If I posed with it as I normally hold it, and it's wrong, I need to pay attention and train to that.
After reading your post, and looking up Jerry Miculek's video on "how to hold a revolver", I realize I have been holding it incorrectly, as well as my autos. Gonna fix that.
My buddy also sent me videos of me shooting the different rifles we brought - I have a host of bad habits that I need to fix....

Hard day of training last week with Tom @ OneChanceTacticalSolutions. The picture of my grimacing is during a 7x back and forth sprint about ~40-50 yards With a shot from 12 yards of a torso target in the middle.

I was the only one in armor, and the only one that made it under a minutes @ 52s.

I ran the first 4 hours with my CCW apendix rig, and the last 4 hours in "kit"

Imgur link because the files are too large .

One chance tactical solutions

At what distance are you shooting, and what's the setup for firing? i.e. how many rounds, how long do you have to complete the string of fire. And where is this done at?
I will try and answer your questions and give you some links.;)
Some matches are Vintage (WW 2 or older rifles) that is a nice way of saying old like me.
Typically a match is either 80 or 50 rounds plus sighters. Some "Reduced Course" Matches are 100 yards.
An "Across the Course" match is 200-300-600 yards. Slow fire 'prone' and 'off hand' are 22 rounds
22 minutes. Rapid fire sitting 60 seconds (200 yards) 10 rounds. Rapid Fire Prone 70 seconds
(300 yards) 10 rounds. Mandatory reload 2 & 8. In this area I have shot Highpower at DRRC, TCGC,
ERGC, Clark Rifles, Lone Oaks, Longview and Albany.:):):) 100 years of history of Highpower Rifle
Competition in the USA.:D:D:D
Highpower
Home - Civilian Marksmanship Program
Vintage Military Rifle and Pistol Competition

Recently inherited (bought) this 1892 made in 1907. Cleaned it up as it was in pretty bad shape. Took it 100% apart and had a bit of trouble getting the lever/bolt combo back together. (still needs some attention). But took it to the range today and put 50 rounds of 32-20 cowboy loads through it and it shoots great. IMG_20180721_173442_01.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews