JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, in the end, two good guys with a gun stopped the bad guy with a gun. Imagine if someone had been even closer, maybe more would have lived.

Yea imagine this:

Today and armed gun man burst in to a class room at UCC with a handgun,
Two students pulled their firearms and killed the would be shooter before he could fire a single shot.

Boy I would have rather of read that instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
The plane I saw today was this, it was here for about 45 min to an hour. There are some vague reports that are typical but the airport here went silent prior to and about 40 minutes after it left the airport camera is also pointed at the buildings not the tarmac .
I believe its a CV-22 Osprey ? Someone can correct me but I was only about 1000 yards so pretty sure it was this. It flew back up towards Eugene. It was noted by some that were near by that allot of material and tactical people got off and only handful got back on.

Actual Photo Here ;

12096354_10154212129028906_138095757064570803_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you find a good spot to protest?

Ok just got some information :
DATE: 9 October 2015 (THIS Friday)

TIME: 9 AM (subject to change slightly based on intel about his arrival)

LOCATION 1: Intersection of Stuart Parkway and Aviation Dr., Roseburg.

LOCATION 2: Intersection of Edenbower Blvd and Hwy 99, Roseburg

LOCATION 3: Intersection of College Road and Hwy 99

***YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN FOR PARKING***
Do NOT park illegally. Once you have parked, walk to the closest of the three intersections.

- Expect to walk a bit of a distance if you have to park a ways off. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Bring water, sunscreen, snacks, etc. PREPARE to be out there for a few hours.
- Bring signs, flags, etc.
- If you choose to bring a firearm, please keep it holstered and/or properly secured, etc. Safety and responsibility at all times.
- We are working on finding portapotties for the event. In order to do that we'll need donations (something we hadn't planned on needing!) We are opening an account for the funds and will post that account number so that people can donate if they so choose to help offset the expenses for the toilets.

There will be no speakers, no entertainment. Please plan accordingly if you bring children, pets, etc. If you do plan to bring your dog, please clean up after it. No trash will be left in the area. We WILL police our area and it WILL be left in as good or better shape than it was when we arrived.
We will provide more information as we get it. Thank you.

The anointed one his majesty king 0bama and the White House have announced a Friday arrival in Roseburg, Oregon in the wake of Oct 1st's horrific tragedy at UCC.

Polarizing as usual, Mr 0bama has insisted on politicizing the event as a conduit for increased executive orders on gun control via means of his pen, and his phone.

This blatant disrespect of the victims families, the community and the town of Roseburg, Mr 0bama's administration is flying not just the 747 that is airforce one to Oregon, but a three helicopter team of Sikorsky's that make up HMX-1, known as Marine one to travel to Roseburg at the taxpayers expense.

We need a lot of people. Please come show your support for Roseburg, not the little man who has no respect for the Constitution.

These guys here on facebook are setting it up. I guess its ok to post the link ?
Moderator please remove if not ok..
https://www.facebook.com/events/1642689462646090/1643082459273457/

Note I am not involved in the setup but will be there myself.

Well, no one wants to think of their child as Satan and watching the news, everyone in prison is a good boy.

Honestly though, what if it was your child. are you going to tell whoever that you child may be a threat to himself or others. 1st thing they are going to do is come and take all your firearms, your child will vist a shrink, then get a prescription to some anti psychotic drug and they will call it good, oh and you will never get your guns back as long as they are living there. and in leftist land, maybe not even then.
My Parents Baker Acted my bro way back when, when he was hearing voices and getting irrational and violent. If my kid was acting the same way he was I'd make sure all his access to guns, knives etc. was gone pronto before he came home!
Milder stuff like a high functioning autistic who is a selfish misanthrope? Tough call. He might be a good actor around you and lead a double life online with hero worship of serial killers and Nazis.

If I was unfortunate enough to have a kid that had autism I'd get him another hobby besides guns and I'd forfeit my use of them until he moved out.

The plane I saw today was this, it was here for about 45 min to an hour. There are some vague reports that are typical but the airport here went silent prior to and about 40 minutes after it left the airport camera is also pointed at the buildings not the tarmac .
I believe its a CV-22 Osprey ? Someone can correct me but I was only about 1000 yards so pretty sure it was this. It flew back up towards Eugene. It was noted by some that were near by that allot of material and tactical people got off and only handful got back on.

Actual Photo Here ;

View attachment 258797

I heard on OPB radio that the remains of the people killed were flown back to Roseburg after examinations done by the State Coroner in Clackamas county. According to the report Governor Brown arranged for Oregon National Guard helicopters.

I heard on OPB radio that the remains of the people killed were flown back to Roseburg after examinations done by the State Coroner in Clackamas county. According to the report Governor Brown arranged for Oregon National Guard helicopters.

There were three of the Osprys that I saw and there was two other very large helicopters that could have been National Guard they were huge ! They were at the North end of the airport not the public access side. Lost going on for sure.

Can we get off this "blame autism" bullcrap already? I have Asperger's myself, have maintained a permit and carried a sidearm virtually every day of my adult life, and have a demonstrated record of sound judgment that has seen a number of the LEO's I used to shoot with (and who mentored me in this area) back in college say that they'd be glad to have me watching their backs.

It's not autism, it's a lack of teaching Respect, Responsibility and DISCIPLINE at the root though mental-health issues do play a role too. When you start messing with the Live Grenade of civil rights suspension or denial, just remember that someone with such inclination can twist the DSM-IV's criteria to hang a DX on ANYONE--and I know of Leftofascist quack shrinks who've DONE so to conservative patients and then gloated about "I put this on your record, what are you gonna DO about it?" And we KNOW these people will do ANYTHING they can to reduce the number of non-NSDAP votes cast or counted in order to reduce the possibility of effective resistance to their agenda... like their little "If you're crazy you shouldn't have a gun, and if you want to have a gun you're crazy" trap some of them have tried to argue that's never taken hold.

I refer you all to another discussion about this on RedState and my reply there, which I'm too lazy to repost in its entirety.
http://www.redstate.com/diary/cdrguru/2015/10/06/can-afford/

There's varying degrees of Autism, developmental disabilities, ADHD, mental illness and the rest of it.
Plenty of undiagnosed as well but nowadays not so much.

In my day people who had mild problems were made to just deal with it. Sometimes, a lot of times, that worked out but now there's always rush to get a kid diagnosed ASAP. Sorry for those who are diagnosed because of their parents early on, but a little extra scrutiny might be the price you pay for the help you got because of being diagnosed as a kid.

My point anyway is this guy had severe problems that made him attempt suicide.

The BG check should have flagged him. The BG check is useless and now they want to make more Laws?

Try fighting with correcting a MISdiagnosis sometime... I'm virtually screwed on flying because FAA says "once ADHD always ADHD unless DX disproven to OUR satisfaction, not to the clinical-psych community's".

My main point as noted over at RS was that if we're gonna fiddle with a Live Grenade, we better have a plan to put an improvised pin into it while we work on unscrewing and removing the fuse.

Actual Photo Here ;

View attachment 258797
That's most definitely an Osprey. The Army doesn't use Ospreys yet so, I'd be willing to bet that was a US Marine Corps MV-22 from HMX-1 doing a site recon before the Presidential visit tomorrow. In addition to the Secret Service the President usually travels with a compliment of Marines.

Try fighting with correcting a MISdiagnosis sometime... I'm virtually screwed on flying because FAA says "once ADHD always ADHD unless DX disproven to OUR satisfaction, not to the clinical-psych community's".

My main point as noted over at RS was that if we're gonna fiddle with a Live Grenade, we better have a plan to put an improvised pin into it while we work on unscrewing and removing the fuse.

I believe I had/have ADHD of some level but never was diagnosed. Like others I have had anger issues and moments of depression as a result of a loss of some sort or missed oppurtunity. All within a normal IMO, range but others would disagree I'm sure.
Don't know how you put a scale on level of problem vs gun rights but a suicide attempt should be a no brainer for some sort of o.k. needed before gun rights are restored. Let's start there.
Sort of like years of sobriety and counseling before a drunk driver getting a DL again.

Agreed on using suicide attempt as one screener about "Danger to Self/Others." The problem with psych matters is there are so few concrete, objective benchmarks and so much subjective "clinician judgment"--I got lucky to have a shrink who believed in "do right by your patients and the rest will follow."

Forensic opinion: Mentally ill people commit crime at about the same proportion as non-mentally ill people. Just that simple. The UCC shooting was premeditated--no diminished capacity nor insanity defense. It was his character that drove the shooter. JMHO.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top