JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes I was living in California in 1978 so it was big news at the time,

I living was 60 mi north of SF and just starting to pay attention to politics. My Dad still has the political satire cartoon I drew in school (Reagan vs. Carter), it was a trip seeing it when I went back to see the folks a couple years ago.

Anyone here apart from me shoot a Swiss rifle of any kind? The service cartridge, GP11, is a 174gr FMJ that exits the muzzle at 2650 fps, about mid-way between a hefty .308Win load and a equally hefty .30-06 LCA.

A friend of mine in QC has a daughter, now in her early teens, who has been shooting one each K11, Gew1911 and K31 in the Swiss Obligataire [prone] comps since she was about nine years old. She is built like an elf.

tac
swissrifles.com
Dyslexia.mco

The closest I've come to is the 7x57, pretty hefty for a little thing, but my daughter is small also and had no problem handling my M1A, Rem 870 12 ga or her brother's 7mm-08 Savage 10. not prone though. Like I said earlier people need to get out more and get off their cell phones.

Last Edited:
One of my most favorite weapons is a Carl Gustav CG-63 that I purchased from Sarco to be used in the junior rifle matches when I was 16! Later I "Upgraged" for service rifle matches to a K-31 just about the time the ARs started showing up and wanting to compete against the "Real" rifles, that Ol'Swiss Miss could hold her own just fine. Also own a pair of Husquvarna bolt actions one in 7×57 and the other in .270
The 7X57 was the first hunting rifle my son's learned with and carried afield!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews