JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know a lot of above average IQ people who are not very wise.

There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom; the former is generally innate (can be improved with training though), the latter comes from experience and proper training.

I know a lot of above average IQ people who are not very wise.

There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom; the former is generally innate (can be improved with training though), the latter comes from experience and proper training.

I "like" all that except for the part about proper training... that makes me cringe. Nope "proper training" is way tooooooo subjective.

Added that I know people with high IQ that aren't very smart. Especially street smart, life smart, practical smart.

What kind of training increases "wisdom"? IMO and experience it is not typically something that can be taught. A teacher can insist a student read all the great books, but's it's cerebral, how much will stick, and how much is "correct" or "good". IMO it would be better to take a few years to visit all the countries of the world and see the best and worst of humanity. There would be some wisdom gained.

I "like" all that except for the part about proper training... that makes me cringe. Nope "proper training" is way tooooooo subjective.

What kind of training increases "wisdom"? IMO and experience it is not typically something that can be taught. A teacher can insist a student read all the great books, but's it's cerebral, how much will stick, and how much is "correct" or "good". IMO it would be better to take a few years to visit all the countries of the world and see the best and worst of humanity. There would be some wisdom gained.

Exercises in critical thinking and logic instead of rote memory exercises.

In short training in making decisions and discerning facts.

Things we don't generally teach in school today - not sure we ever did.

Well in Oregon there seem to be enough of them to keep garbage in power year in and year out. And the bastids multiply too.
Low info, zealot, party hack, deep stater or freakin' green men, they're stupid, deluded or evil. The result is the same.

Exercises in critical thinking and logic instead of rote memory exercises.

In short training in making decisions and discerning facts.

Things we don't generally teach in school today - not sure we ever did.

None of those skill exercises will bring "wisdom" in the usual sense. But it's probably wise to teach, or to learn, them. :)

Well in Oregon there seem to be enough of them to keep garbage in power year in and year out. And the bastids multiply too.
Low info, zealot, party hack, deep stater or freakin' green men, they're stupid, deluded or evil. The result is the same.

Yup, that last line is worth framing!!!

Transforming education into indoctrination is a long planned goal of the communist party.
In fact the partys goals were read into the Congressional Record somewhere around 1963 or 65.
It's an easy google search and absolutely gobsmacking how much has been accomplished. If you've never read them, you owe it to yourself.

Then look around and you'll see what we have to do.

Transforming education into indoctrination is a long planned goal of the communist party.
In fact the partys goals were read into the Congressional Record somewhere around 1963 or 65.
It's an easy google search and absolutely gobsmacking how much has been accomplished. If you've never read them, you owe it to yourself.

Then look around and you'll see what we have to do.

The evolution of education into indoctrination has been going on a lot longer than that. In the United States it really started over a century ago when the philosophical work of John Dewey was accepted as the basis for educational theory.

Keep the faith.

This is the kind of rhetoric that keeps Anti-2A Democrats from winning elections, and also gets them booted from office.

Say it loud, say it proud Anti-2A Dems.

Pro-2A will either come out in force to vote for the opposition of this anti-2A stance, or be less enthused about (otherwise) supporting these Anti-2A Dems, and stay home on election day.

It's the "bitter clingers", specifically in PA (and also OH and MI), that put Trump in office. None of these anti-2A kooks (and I state that will all due respect) has a chance in hell to beat Trump outside of Sanders -- Which will be the ticket.

Oregon used to be Purple -- W/ the occasional (R) Senator and/or (R) Governor. The checks and balances were better then. Oregonians could take pride in being considered fiercely independent.

One would think that after the pedophile Goldschmidt and the corrupt Kitzhaber, Oregon voters would get a F'in clue.

F'in invaders voting in Oregon now....Running out of places in the desert to bury all of these (Anti-2A)Californians. We could use a reincarnation of McCall right about now.

"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live"

Last Edited:
If only this were true... In my experience, many voters know better but vote along ideological lines regardless of consequences, others are low info voters and just don't know any better (ignorance is not necessarily an indicator of low IQ). But let's consider... how many truly low IQ voters do you think are out there?

Many...

Swalwell is polling at 0% in most polls.

Really? He's gotten that high in polls? ll the way to zero! Well done, dipstick

This is a game of Whiffle ball. The rules are what they say they are. My ball, my rules (when they are losing). A coworker has two adult daughters who went to buy pistols this weekend for the 4th July sales. I heard a liberal radio show (guest host) have to admit the dems are making anti Trump statements they can't back up. He says it won't help their cause. Well. he won't be back.

Politicians like Swalwell and AOC make comments they can't support. They offer no proof in a time were everything is recorded and tracked. Like a snake in the grass, these people can't be ignored, but even their own kind are starting to ask questions and be turned off. The down side is, as loony as Eric Swalwell is, he's a lucky loon because there is no counter to replace him. No Independents or Republicans waiting the bench to take over when Californians realize who they voted in.

Well OK then.
Give me the definition of an assault weapon.

Oh.................never mind.
I forgot.
It's black.
I have an AR that is not black. Can I still assult someone with it? If I have a firearm that is not black I guess it could not be an assault weapon, but my Glock must be an assault weapon because it is black, has a grip that hangs down below the action, holds more than 10 rounds and is semi-auto.
Oh Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top