JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes I was living in California in 1978 so it was big news at the time,

I living was 60 mi north of SF and just starting to pay attention to politics. My Dad still has the political satire cartoon I drew in school (Reagan vs. Carter), it was a trip seeing it when I went back to see the folks a couple years ago.

Anyone here apart from me shoot a Swiss rifle of any kind? The service cartridge, GP11, is a 174gr FMJ that exits the muzzle at 2650 fps, about mid-way between a hefty .308Win load and a equally hefty .30-06 LCA.

A friend of mine in QC has a daughter, now in her early teens, who has been shooting one each K11, Gew1911 and K31 in the Swiss Obligataire [prone] comps since she was about nine years old. She is built like an elf.

tac
swissrifles.com
Dyslexia.mco

The closest I've come to is the 7x57, pretty hefty for a little thing, but my daughter is small also and had no problem handling my M1A, Rem 870 12 ga or her brother's 7mm-08 Savage 10. not prone though. Like I said earlier people need to get out more and get off their cell phones.

Last Edited:
One of my most favorite weapons is a Carl Gustav CG-63 that I purchased from Sarco to be used in the junior rifle matches when I was 16! Later I "Upgraged" for service rifle matches to a K-31 just about the time the ARs started showing up and wanting to compete against the "Real" rifles, that Ol'Swiss Miss could hold her own just fine. Also own a pair of Husquvarna bolt actions one in 7×57 and the other in .270
The 7X57 was the first hunting rifle my son's learned with and carried afield!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top