JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ehhh like age, heat is just a number! :D
The water up here, Puget Sound, stays VERY damn cold year round. When I was a kid I used to swim all damn summer. Snorkel diving daily. I go down there even on days like this now and stick my foot in there and feel like I will die. I do not for the life of me know how we survived swimming in that damn water when we were kids :confused: :confused: :confused::s0140:

The water up here, Puget Sound, stays VERY damn cold year round. When I was a kid I used to swim all damn summer. Snorkel diving daily. I go down there even on days like this now and stick my foot in there and feel like I will die. I do not for the life of me know how we survived swimming in that damn water when we were kids :confused: :confused: :confused::s0140:
the sound is glacier runoff isnt it? if its as cold as the santiam river, i get it. we all were nuts at one point.

Yup… I can definitely verify is was 106°F. I was working on an older Trane rooftop unit for a dive bar/restaurant yesterday because they were complaining it wasn't keeping up… it was 80°F at standing level on the floor.

I found a 20°F superheat (fixed orifice metering) at the Compressor, 85°F (high ceiling) return air, 69°F supply for a 16°F delta-T across the evaporator coil…

I informed them that with 106°F temperatures going across the condenser coil that their old rooftop unit is doing the best it is going to do until the temperatures cool down a bit, and that it's about 21°F - 26°F cooler inside their building (full of people eating & drinking) than it is outside, which is actually pretty good results.

Yup… I can definitely verify is was 106°F. I was working on an older Trane rooftop unit for a dive bar/restaurant yesterday because they were complaining it wasn't keeping up… it was 80°F at standing level on the floor.

I found a 20°F superheat (fixed orifice metering) at the Compressor, 85°F (high ceiling) return air, 69°F supply for a 16°F delta-T across the evaporator coil…

I informed them that with 106°F temperatures going across the condenser coil that their old rooftop unit is doing the best it is going to do until the temperatures cool down a bit, and that it's about 21°F - 26°F cooler inside their building (full of people eating & drinking) than it is outside, which is actually pretty good results.
Lot's of BTUs from humans as well as the kitchen areas. If the kitchen is setup correctly the 100% OSA makeup air is just slightly less than the exhaust to keep the food smells out of the dining area. The AHU OSA min should keep the dining area slightly positive. Point is there will be a lot of OSA introduced into the space and the AHU has to overcome that heat load...not many restaurants really like to fork out the $$ for a good balance job. So they pay you to tell them their system sucks :)

Lot's of BTUs from humans as well as the kitchen areas. If the kitchen is setup correctly the 100% OSA makeup air is just slightly less than the exhaust to keep the food smells out of the dining area. The AHU OSA min should keep the dining area slightly positive. Point is there will be a lot of OSA introduced into the space and the AHU has to overcome that heat load...not many restaurants really like to fork out the $$ for a good balance job. So they pay you to tell them their system sucks :)

MUA? LMAO… what MUA?! That kitchen was so grubby and the ceiling diffusers were so dank…. Fortunately their building wasn't in a negative pressure…. miraculously.

That's one of the first things I look for in a heavily exhausted building like a restaurant or production facility.

Oswego Grill in Wilsonville…. Three weeks ago I got a call that it was too hot in the building. You actually had to lean into the doors to open them because of the negative building pressure, and it was sucking in the hot OSA.

Their two large MAU's had destroyed blower assemblies from seized bearings, and all the economizers in the RTU's had been gutted and screwed shut…. Oh, and ALL the Trane RTU filters were LOADED beyond belief, and the impacted condenser coils need to be split and cleaned properly. I had to remove all the filters so the RTU's could at least run somewhat "properly".

I gave them an $8,900.00 (legit figures) quote to fix everything, and even train their "maintenance" person how to do the basic maintenance in the future. Never heard back from them.

They'll be back, eventually…. LOL!

informed them that with 106°F temperatures going across the condenser coil that their old rooftop unit is doing the best it is going to do until the temperatures cool down a bit, and that it's about 21°F - 26°F cooler inside their building (full of people eating & drinking) than it is outside, which is actually pretty good results.
Stupid physics, gotta suck the fun out of everything.
I had to explain that twice yesterday.

It's not a reefer unit that will blow out 40 deg air on demand.
98 deg inlet and a 64 deg vent temp is working like a champ.

115° now for Wilsonville on Sunday. I think I'm gonna cry 😢
Fortunately, Kween K8's reign is nearly over, thank God! Now all we have to do is find a good conservative candidate to run that actually has a snowballs chance in hell of winning and we might be able to stem the bleedings!
A local newspaper man in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Joe Soucheray, is fond of saying something to the effect of "you're going to really miss Tim Walz (MN Gov, think Kate Brownshirt w a schwantz) when the new governor makes him look reasonable and rational. I predict that for Oregon. I'm sorry, I think we're done. Not that we shouldn't fight this trash, but...

MUA? LMAO… what MUA?! That kitchen was so grubby and the ceiling diffusers were so dank…. Fortunately their building wasn't in a negative pressure…. miraculously.

That's one of the first things I look for in a heavily exhausted building like a restaurant or production facility.

Oswego Grill in Wilsonville…. Three weeks ago I got a call that it was too hot in the building. You actually had to lean into the doors to open them because of the negative building pressure, and it was sucking in the hot OSA.

Their two large MAU's had destroyed blower assemblies from seized bearings, and all the economizers in the RTU's had been gutted and screwed shut…. Oh, and ALL the Trane RTU filters were LOADED beyond belief, and the impacted condenser coils need to be split and cleaned properly. I had to remove all the filters so the RTU's could at least run somewhat "properly".

I gave them an $8,900.00 (legit figures) quote to fix everything, and even train their "maintenance" person how to do the basic maintenance in the future. Never heard back from them.

Not uncommon. I've been called to troubleshoot and found that right after brand-X mechanical did their monthly PM work a fume hood exhaust fan had a blown belt with cobwebs all over the sheaves, motor and broken belt. I could only surmise those cobweb building insects work really really fast....and the new belt was simply defective :rolleyes:

Not uncommon. I've been called to troubleshoot and found that right after brand-X mechanical did their monthly PM work a fume hood exhaust fan had a blown belt with cobwebs all over the sheaves, motor and broken belt. I could only surmise those cobweb building insects work really really fast....and the new belt was simply defective :rolleyes:
BTDT in a different problem domain; every morning the EOD (engineer on duty) was supposed to check the engine rooms/etc. on the boats to be sure they were ready for SAR missions.

This included checking the raw water filters (which had a clear casing for visual inspection).

I would do my checks diligently when I was EOD, but was talked to by the head of the department for taking 30-45 minutes to go thru the complete checklist while other EODs went thru it in 10 minutes. I complained that to do it right, it would take more than 10 minutes.

A few days later a boat got underway for SAR right after quarters (boat check is done before quarters) and it had to return to the docks because the filters were plugged with crap and caused the engines to overheat - the EOD claimed he had checked the filters, but somehow the filters became clogged in five minutes of running the engines? Yeah right.

I felt vindicated, but no mentioned of it was ever made and they still considered me to be slow for doing my job in a deliberate and diligent manner. The head of the dept. did do more follow up on the EODs to make sure they were really doing their jobs though - some were talked to about skipping over stuff.

Sadly they are a prime example of people who ask for help. Don't like what they hear. So they keep asking someone else till they get an answer they like. Someone will tell them some "easy fix", that is pennies on the dollar. They will jump on it. Soon they will have to call again. :s0092:

Driving up river (creek) from Dayville several years ago the deer were standing in the water grazing on the bushes along the shoreline. Kind of like eating watermelon in the shade of a tree!
Wife woke me up soon after I went to sleep today. Coyote was walking along the front of the house and she was freaking out making sure our dogs were in since they are snack size :D
I told her I am sure it was just looking for water. I keep water for the critters in the un-fenced front as well as in the back. One if the back is higher up for winged critters. One out front is low enough for all. Wiley has probably just finished getting a drink out front and was heading for someplace cool to hide out.

2D8A2A90-7B6B-43F6-ADAF-E981365EC324.jpeg
with the wind it feels like a convection oven out there.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top