JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No clue, never lived there. All my life though I have run into a shocking number of people who rent who had no idea there even was such a thing. Then even more angry when they go to rent and some place forces them to buy it.
OK. Just wondering. Because if you are going to support the proposition that the state to state differences in burglary rates are not real but only reflect differences in the tendency of people from different states to report being victims, and if you are going to propose the reason that people do not report is due to the fact that they are unaware of the existence of renters insurance, then it must necessarily follow that fewer people in low burglary rate states (NJ et al.) carry renters insurance than people in the highest burglary rate states (WA). But I am not aware of any data that would indicate this is the case. Lacking any such data to the contrary, I would assume that just as many renters in each state are unaware of the existence of renters insurance.

Hi Bob,
Quite the accomplishment:

Maybe in between stomping on our constitutional rights and trying to squeeze every last dime out of the subjects of Washington state, you could, you know, actually do something to fight real crime? Or does that run contrary to your agenda? Oh, by the way- I drove through Olympia today, why does the capital of this state look so 3rd world? Eagerly awaiting your canned response.

We need to bring back public hanging for criminals. I think it would cut down on crime, eventually..
In Singapore, caning, is the punishment for some crimes.
I understand the recidivism rate is almost nil.
Google Caning in Singapore.
You will find it to be an eye opener.
👍👍

In Singapore, caning, is the punishment for some crimes.
I understand the recidivism rate is almost nil.
Google Caning in Singapore.
You will find it to be an eye opener.
👍👍
I heard they are very strict in Singapore when it comes to burglary or other crimes. So people tends to act normally not like here in the states. Full of Academy Awards Worst Actors! :s0140:

Maybe in between stomping on our constitutional rights and trying to squeeze every last dime out of the subjects of Washington state, you could, you know, actually do something to fight real crime? Or does that run contrary to your agenda? Oh, by the way- I drove through Olympia today, why does the capital of this state look so 3rd world? Eagerly awaiting your canned response.
I would love to put those exact words into that contact form and send it to ol' Sideshow Bob, but I figure I'd be swarmed and murdered by masked blacksuits on fast rope rappel from stealth helos over my house in the middle of the night. Oh, and they'd shoot my dog...

I have mentioned this a few times in the past - sadly, crime statistics are completely useless at this point. Large cities are not taking reports for even serious crimes in many cases. Smaller, well run departments in cities that actually have low crime rates are more likely to document and follow up on crimes. Good for them, but this skews the stats to show they are actually less safe than...Portland. For example, I know companies in Portland that get their vehicles shot at and struck by bullets there, yet they do no respond to take a report unless someone is hit. So a legitimate assault with a deadly weapon goes unreported. This is the norm, not the exception, in many to most large cities.

The only thing that you can't really hide are dead bodies. Homicides and fatal vehicle collisions are the only benchmark that exists anymore. Sad.

I have mentioned this a few times in the past - sadly, crime statistics are completely useless at this point. Large cities are not taking reports for even serious crimes in many cases. Smaller, well run departments in cities that actually have low crime rates are more likely to document and follow up on crimes. Good for them, but this skews the stats to show they are actually less safe than...Portland. For example, I know companies in Portland that get their vehicles shot at and struck by bullets there, yet they do no respond to take a report unless someone is hit. So a legitimate assault with a deadly weapon goes unreported. This is the norm, not the exception, in many to most large cities.

The only thing that you can't really hide are dead bodies. Homicides and fatal vehicle collisions are the only benchmark that exists anymore. Sad.
I belong to an organization that has a large group of retired LEOs, as well as some retired military, that made it through Nam, and other government sponsored adventures.
I would be happy for any of them to have my back.
That being said, most will not go into Portland, if they can avoid it.
🤔🤔

I didn't vote for it....or for the legislators who did vote for it.
Nor am I a fan of cake....well except for cheese cake....:D

In any event and back on topic...
Remembering that you are your own first responder ...that along with some basic security is a good first step for home defense.
Andy
I LOVE cheesecake.....would defend "in the gravest extreme"

You voted for it WA, now enjoy.that cake.
200.gif

Getting pretty sick of hearing this kind of rhetoric...

Especially when it comes from our southern sister who's following in our footsteps. So are ALL you Oregonians responsible for the bubblegum show heading your way.

It's a damn good thing I like this forum and have no desire to be banned, cause I'm ready to lose my bubbleguming bubblegum with some of the nonsense I read.

And honestly... who actually thinks our votes mean dick anymore...

Last Edited:
"Spiking crime in Washington has led to the Evergreen State now holding the highest burglary rate in the US.

An analysis of FBI crime data revealed that Washington had 548.4 burglaries per 100,000 residents. That is more than double the national rate of 254.3 and more than seven times higher than New Hampshire, which had the lowest rate of 76.2 burglaries for every 100,000 people."

This is what happens when you put burglars on homeless detention.

My few mile neighbors are talking about those continuous burglary and they are alarmed now since they are getting closer. Well of course. Like most of us in this site, I am prepared to protect my family and property if in case.

Those burglars will have easier access to a public defender now.

Washington Supreme Court: Bar exam will no longer be required to become attorney in state.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top