JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple of questions and maybe a comment or two:
This took place in Seattle, right? What percentage of the Seattle population are anti 2nd Amendment liberals? It seems it is a large percentage.
With that percentage WHY are you out were you have to rub shoulders with them?
If you have a satisfactory answer to that question and you are armed why would you step forward protect them?

Sheldon

Aw Shelly, because I would be on my way to my Alaskan cruise ship and I'm still the guy I was 40 yrs ago when I jumped out of perfectly good helicopters to pull people out of the water where they so foolishly got themselves into trouble. I'm just stoopid that way regardless of who they are or what their politics are... if I could help, I would.

Semper Paratus - Bill

I would never go chasing a for a reason to use my firearm. That's the last thing I ever want to happen.

But if my family was there or someone came after me with a shard of glass, he's getting put down. If my family is with me, for sure.
If it's just me I would do anything possible to get away or defend myself, but wouldn't hesitate to use a firearm

The way I see it, if the populace doesn't want to take any steps towards or responsibility for their own safety, then I as a CHL holder have no responsibility for their safety.

I'll take care of me and mine, getting us out of harms way or stopping a direct threat to us. And will be more than happy to call 911 to help the defenseless steeple, once me and mine are safe and sound.

See, my main concern is the safety, well being and financial security of my loved ones. Will not jeprodize that for a stranger, it's not my obligation. That's what the police are there for.

In a city like Seattle or Portland or Salem or.... This is what you get with liberal control and steeple voting to let the government protect them... So be it...

Again, I have no responsibility or obligation to jeprodize mine for those who take no responsibility for their own safety... I'll reconcile that with my Maker when that day comes...

In Washington the law does not require us to use weapons to defend others; it does allow us to defend others from possible death or serious injury.

Does the attacker have the ability, the opportunity and the intent to seriously injure or kill us? That will be the question the police and then maybe the jury may ask. (The press can sit and spin as far as having to justify anything to them. They are a pack of lying idiots for the most part.)

A couple of things this incident illustrates:

1.) It is good to have a variety of tools at your disposal, in addition to guns.
Remember the law allows us to use only enough force that is reasonable and necessary to stop a threat. Sometimes a less-lethal tool is the best place to start.

2.) A piece of glass if the right size and shape can kill you to death, and that's the worst way to go. ;)

The Fox Labs Mk-II can of 5.3 OC, or Defense Technologies combination OC/CS are effective, in fact really miserable, and are small enough to pocket carry or unobtrusively carry on a belt.

My usual kit includes at least a MK-II size can of Misery-To-Go, in addition to the Gun Du Jour.

Chances are good that if a nutzo person with a huge shard of razor-sharp glass was heading for me, looking like, "heeeeere's Johnny!" I might try to give 'em a break with a hose-down of the OC/CS if there's time, but that might be impossible if the circumstances are wrong-

An ASP would work wonders on every bone from his toes to the big bone, his head!!!!o_O
I bet he would comply after a good beating.;)

The way I see it, if the populace doesn't want to take any steps towards or responsibility for their own safety, then I as a CHL holder have no responsibility for their safety.

I'll take care of me and mine, getting us out of harms way or stopping a direct threat to us. And will be more than happy to call 911 to help the defenseless steeple, once me and mine are safe and sound.

See, my main concern is the safety, well being and financial security of my loved ones. Will not jeprodize that for a stranger, it's not my obligation. That's what the police are there for.

In a city like Seattle or Portland or Salem or.... This is what you get with liberal control and steeple voting to let the government protect them... So be it...

Again, I have no responsibility or obligation to jeprodize mine for those who take no responsibility for their own safety... I'll reconcile that with my Maker when that day comes...

Agreed, I am not one of those who will intervene in that situation unless it was directed AT ME. Then I'll deal with it at that time but I'll not take an arse whoopin anymore since I'm to old to fight but too young to die!!!

Preclusion is not required in WA's use of force doctrine, however, observing it can spare you a lot of trouble - both legally and morally. Last resort only. From the description of the incident, a chair should do. That said, if the guy was close enough - arms length - that could elevate the threat level. I remember the Shoreline Community College professor Troy Wolff who was stabbed to death after a Sounder's game. The situation may wary and so will the response.

An ASP would work wonders on every bone from his toes to the big bone, his head!!!!o_O
I bet he would comply after a good beating.;)

Good point Mr. Cave, no matter what the choice, ASP or OC or Taser, there should be options between all or nothing. Having a bone-crushing grip is a pretty handy thing, too.

I probably should carry the Taser more often, coming to think of it. :)

Especially a deranged one.

I'll bet Seattle is going to have a booming business in Wasp spray holsters. Wait a minute, we wouldn't want to hurt anybody.

... perfectly good helicopters ...

Semper Paratus - Bill

First off, You have a big pair. As my CO liked to remind us "You have to go out. You don't have to come back" Of course the most I ever went out for was coffee.

But

"Perfectly good" ?!

coast-guard-helo.jpg

S62-3%20ed.jpg

IIRC the transition to the Jayhawk platform began in the Clinton years.
<broken link removed>

Thanx RicInOR! Though I spent most of my time in H3F, I was involved in flights that evaluated the replacements for the HH52 pictured at the lower of your reply (I got stick time on TV in those). Bell helis were considered but the Dauphin at the top was the winner. With good reason. For one thing, the Bell supply chain was deteriorating as it started to favor business ships. But I think they also wanted to stay with lighter, multi-bladed rotor disks on ships.

I also flew in one of the last Albatrosses in service, and a DC5, and lots of time in C130A for long range search missions.

I have a few citations and rescue medallions to my credit. Oh the nostalgia. The later period that I was in the CG was the start of the rescue swimmer program. Best thing they ever did!!

Thank you for your service!!!

PS this is one of my ships and my last duty base in San Diego:
h3f.jpg

Last Edited:
Was he black? The Seattle Police will not even arrest blacks for simple assault on whites! If you are white and attack a black man, it is a hate crime.[ If a black man attacks a white man, it is social justice in Seattle!

Was he black? The Seattle Police will not even arrest blacks for simple assault on whites! If you are white and attack a black man, it is a hate crime.[ If a black man attacks a white man, it is social justice in Seattle!
Welcome to the new world that the liberals have created. Stay armed, stay alert, don't be a victim...

Edited to correct auto-correction....

Last Edited:
Wow. More people wanting to kill than in the past. Most CC individuals I know are not eager to kill anyone. That is why they don't also carry a badge.

I carry to protect me and mine. I am not a cop. I do not have back-up on the way, radios for help, vests, not carrying a boat load of magazines, etc. etc. However, I do have and carry a phone. That I absolutely have a duty to use once me and mine are out of immediate danger. But I do not have a duty to use my gun. With the story presented, I'm getting me and mine out and then dialing 911.

If I die protecting someone else just because I carry, are the Republicans going to support my family after I'm gone?

Or if a black man attacks an Asian man. I wouldn't have believed it if my wife and kids had not witnessed it first hand in broad daylight in downtown Seattle last summer.

Gimpy51,
Why should the republicans support your family if you die? If you had done things correctly you would have things in place to take care of your family. It isn't anyone else's responsibility other than your own.

Gimpy51,
Why should the republicans support your family if you die? If you had done things correctly you would have things in place to take care of your family. It isn't anyone else's responsibility other than your own.

I believe that was my point. I carry to protect me and mine. Everyone has to choose their own path. Some carry some don't. Free choice. I don't feel any qualms about my choice to leave others behind that may not make it out alive.

I guess my other point is a Republican would be the last person I would risk my life to save. At least if it were a Democrat, my family might get some help. If I had the chance to help, I'd have to ask Party affiliation.

So as you can see, I do do things correctly for my family and my family is safe because of my personal choices. On the other hand, if either a Republican or Hillarity get's elected, my family will be in even more jeopardy.

PS: > Why should the republicans support your family if you die?

In this scenario, if I died protecting you and your family (Republicans), then I should get about the same as a soldier in one of our wars. Oh wait, I forgot, you also don't believe in giving our Vets what they deserve either. Pardon my mistake.

This situations happen and resolve in seconds. Some jacked up meth head with a shard of glass that will cut your cartoid artery open in a milli second is not going to wait for you to evacuate your family before he rushes at you, and grabbing a chair leg or something is probably not going to work. Meet it with equal or greater force if you want to survive.

And my training is not going to allow me to take the time to decide if he is a a threat to me and NOT others. If this is happening within 50 feet of you, you are in danger. If that POS harmed or killed another person and you had the chance to stop it from happening, just turn in your CCW and man card for a sheepskin.​

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top