JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I say you dont belong here and need to move along before I call the cops.
My only question is are you in control of, or own the area you said they don't belong in? I could be wrong and someone please jump in any time and correct me but this may not be necessarily legal - telling someone to leave an area you are not in control of or own.

The only caution I'd give you is this:
If you plan on making contact with random's "Not doing the right thing" then leave the gun at home...My two cents.

If I am upright then my gun is always on my person. But I don't go sticking my nose into things either. Do we need a purge he!! yes. Am I responsible for it, NOPE!! If they approach me then I will protect my own. Other wise I'm going home to my family.

Glad your OK.

Good thing he wasn't carry since a bar is off limits even with a CPL. Maybe there were tables outside the bar area. Even so I ate lunch at a restaurant outside the bar area a few times but did not enter the bar area at all.

My job dosent let me carry on the grounds, so I'm unable to carry as much as id like.

My wife is Japanese and isnt a fan of guns at all. We went to a new friend of hers's house for new years lunch and dinner yesterday. Knowing it was just the couple and us (+kids) I decided not to carry. (Didn't know their feelings on guns, don't have a great habit of carrying everyday, its was at their house, and it could end up a big deal if it was noticed.)

By the time we left, I had got to know the husband a bit better, and I ended up leaving this site's address and WAGuns as well. He didnt seem like a big gun owner, but he seemed genuinely concerned with the new laws and his ability to get things before they take affect. Hopefully he will check us out. Maybe the wife will relax a bit now that she knows even her friend's husband is pro-gun.

My job dosent let me carry on the grounds, so I'm unable to carry as much as id like.

My wife is Japanese and isnt a fan of guns at all. We went to a new friend of hers's house for new years lunch and dinner yesterday. Knowing it was just the couple and us (+kids) I decided not to carry. (Didn't know their feelings on guns, don't have a great habit of carrying everyday, its was at their house, and it could end up a big deal if it was noticed.)

By the time we left, I had got to know the husband a bit better, and I ended up leaving this site's address and WAGuns as well. He didnt seem like a big gun owner, but he seemed genuinely concerned with the new laws and his ability to get things before they take affect. Hopefully he will check us out. Maybe the wife will relax a bit now that she knows even her friend's husband is pro-gun.

You realize too that a lot men want a gun or two but the wife will not let them.

Unarmed, Wannabe Law Enforcement gets himself into a completely avoidable, potentially life threatening situation.

Finally, runs away looking to strangers to save his bacon.

Does that sum it accurately?

My motto is avoid situations unless you plan to own them, all the way.

Now, if the situation comes looking for me, that's a different problem...and those get dealt with on a case by case basis.

One man's opinion.......:cool:

its good to be aware of your surroundings but why exit your vehicle? why not leave when you saw something suspicious or call the non emergency line? it sounds like you put yourself in a bad situation.

just my opinion. i wasnt there. im glad you didnt get hurt

Good answer! And as an added bonus, you just got a lot of insight into "New Girl." She's clearly going to take a little work if you decide to keep her. ;)

Long gone, but not from that. She got it instantly, though. I think the simple "this is why" beat any prolonged discussion, prolonged explanaition, etc that we could've had.

Let me clarify, the area I have lived in for many years has seen an uptick in property theft, I personally have had things stolen. The st on which I ended up in this confrontation is only a one lane, and the car in question was directly across from me, a neighbors car.

I believe I did the right thing by telling them to get outta dodge while engaging in property theft where I live.

Granted, the altercation escalated more than I anticipated, but with a unstable irate person with either a knife or spray in hand, I believe I did the right things needed to diffuse the situation without me getting into a knife fight.
As for carrying, I didnt even pull my knife, nothing in this situation required me to need or use force, just not worth it.

I only stated I would carry more consistently, due to the fact that one can never know what might happen anymore at any place or time.

Let me clarify, the area I have lived in for many years has seen an uptick in property theft, I personally have had things stolen. The st on which I ended up in this confrontation is only a one lane, and the car in question was directly across from me, a neighbors car.

I believe I did the right thing by telling them to get outta dodge while engaging in property theft where I live.

Granted, the altercation escalated more than I anticipated, but with a unstable irate person with either a knife or spray in hand, I believe I did the right things needed to diffuse the situation without me getting into a knife fight.
As for carrying, I didnt even pull my knife, nothing in this situation required me to need or use force, just not worth it.

I only stated I would carry more consistently, due to the fact that one can never know what might happen anymore at any place or time.

You see...… That's the problem.
''You think you did the right thing''.

Given 20 years in prison. You will have time to reflect on ''What brought you here''.

You see...… That's the problem.
''You think you did the right thing''.

Given 20 years in prison. You will have time to reflect on ''What brought you here''.

So next time I'll just let whoever is stealing in front of my house just go about business as usual, and be sure to leave them well alone.

Also, I only exited my vehicle once I thought the person in question had left the scene. I was not looking for an altercation. I was seeing if i needed to tell my neighbor if his car was just broken into.

Unarmed, Wannabe Law Enforcement gets himself into a completely avoidable, potentially life threatening situation.

Finally, runs away looking to strangers to save his bacon.

Does that sum it accurately?

My opinion of this ^^ is it's downright rude . I have a stake in what goes on in my neighborhood. If there's hinky shnit going on across the street from my home, that IS my business. I'll say, wait 'till you're in the same position, and then decide what's right for yourself.

Triggering some derelict wack job, that should maybe be in an institution, all hopped up and coming after you, and then shooting him may very well end up a righteous self defense shooting legal in the end. But my god, what a terrible ride it's going to be while the far lefties, and news media grind you up and spit you out.

Last Edited:
I'm so glad I live in a rural area where I don't have these problems yet.

I would get camera's put up ASAP so that you have it if someone breaks into your house again.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top