JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The VA is a much under used resource. They get a deserved bad rep some times but it's not all bad. They may not be my first stop but definitely direct some vet to them if they are having issues.

Good thing he wasn't carry since a bar is off limits even with a CPL.
Not in Oregon.

I was going to quote and respond to some previous posts, but it looked like some arguments were starting and I'd just as soon avoid that.
If this type of situation happened at my house, I'd be yelling at the guy poking thru my neighbor's stuff, too. High quality flashlights are well worth their money and the 1200 lumens to the face is a great tool. Probably get the dog out, too, just cuz he's big and likes to bark. :D
We don't have too much crap like that going down in my neighborhood, but we don't live far from the freeway and it will only get worse as time goes on.

I do see bubblegum like this happening in Portland, but even calling 911 would be a waste of time.

One of Dad's quotes that I'll never forget, "Discretion is the better part of Valor." I take that to mean, be careful what you step into.

The VA is a much under used resource. They get a deserved bad rep some times but it's not all bad. They may not be my first stop but definitely direct some vet to them if they are having issues.

Our local VA Clinic has some good people and they try hard. But their psych resources come and go. And they are quick to prescribe SSRIs. What I worry about is the records that are created from those contacts may be used to prohibit future purchase of firearms. If one talks about suicidal ideation (don't we all at times), an ERP can be produced and there may be an unannounced visit to confiscate owned firearms.

Our local VA Clinic has some good people and they try hard. But their psych resources come and go. And they are quick to prescribe SSRIs. What I worry about is the records that are created from those contacts may be used to prohibit future purchase of firearms. If one talks about suicidal ideation (don't we all at times), an ERP can be produced and there may be an unannounced visit to confiscate owned firearms.

I know several vets with minor issues who won't go get help for that very reason.

I don't blame them, I'd feel the same way.

Some of the transients went to war and can fight hard and have little to lose. The only place I am unarmed is in the shower, but that is only once a week.

Some of the transients went to war and can fight hard and have little to lose. The only place I am unarmed is in the shower, but that is only once a week.

:eek: are you attempting to be invisible to them by smell, or developing your own natural biological defense mechanism? :D

And no need to be unarmed in the shower. Bolt a kydex holster to your shower stall and get a Glock for shower duty, or a marine finish Mossberg :D

:eek: are you attempting to be invisible to them by smell, or developing your own natural biological defense mechanism? :D

And no need to be unarmed in the shower. Bolt a kydex holster to your shower stall and get a Glock for shower duty, or a marine finish Mossberg :D
The shower is a perfect place to practice Zap carry, for easy cleaning after. Light some candles.

I had to look it up... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Is Why I prefer a 26LOL for ultimate concealment.

DbWZ1lLW4AU-c2e?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top