JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
showing up unannounced and walking on my property. I live out of town with over an acre.

Yup, that would be spooky for me too. When I lived on 10acres there was a guy that shot his rifle to shoo the deer away at night... that was super spooky!!

One of them told me we as Americans shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

End of discussions with that Ahole... them's fightin words, didn't we have a Revolution in 1776 to get rid of such silly and obnoxious rule??

We had a problem in my industrial complex with homeless/tweekers mostly breaking into the Wave Broadband yard and steeling stuff from their yard or vehicles. The back door of my shop opened up to a small easement between the two lots and the Wave yard was right there. During the height of it, the fence was getting torn open a couple times a month and I would find things they hid in the bushes that they couldn't carry off the next morning. It was mostly Wave stuff but one day I found a big bag of recyclables stashed behind some landscaping bushes, so I stole it and felt good about it.

Yes do not confront the person if you don't have to. You cannot use a gun to stop people from stealing your property unless they are attacking you. If you are in a car use it to escape if possible.

Do not be a hero like those guys did in Marysville where the guys confronted the theives and shot the tires out that stole $400 worth of tools.
That's when you carry a counselor too.
B528F600-4942-441B-B821-3D6002911E9E.jpeg

Tacoma?

I did a rotation at the ER in Tacoma in med school for 4 weeks. Even though the dorm room they had set up for me was literally across the street from the hospital entrance, they insisted I have security drive me there so they would not be liable if I was killed.

At least it was better than Harborview in Seattle who made the med students park in a open parking lot 6 blocks away from the hospital that you had to walk at Midnight without security. Nurse got stabbed right outside the front door of the Harborview ER when I was there.

Only way I'd risk working in either of those places now is if I could open carry an AR in low ready position while walking to my car.

Unarmed, Wannabe Law Enforcement gets himself into a completely avoidable, potentially life threatening situation.
Finally, runs away looking to strangers to save his bacon.
Does that sum it accurately?
Yep...… That's it.
Sorry, but I'm with the OP here. I have in the past, many times, and always will, check out stuff that doesn't look right. It IS my business, and if something is going on in MY safety boundary, I'm going to check it out. Only difference, since I'm always carrying, I would have been armed. Ever since the Synagogue in Pittsburgh, I have carried everywhere it's permitted, at all times. When I'm asleep, it's right next to me.

You realize too that a lot men want a gun or two but the wife will not let them.
My ex was that way. I bought them anyway.
When she found out, in an argument, she insisted, "it's the guns or me." Long pause - she was crushed that I would even stop to consider.
I caved later when she insisted that I sell them all. Still regret that.

I pull out my fenix flashlight to attempt to get a good look at them and turn it to strobe to try and stop thier forward progress. They run off to a neighbors house and almost break the front door pretending they live there. Then they say they are going to kill me and im going to die. And then they pull something out of their jacket and begin to charge,
Many members here subscribe to "stand your ground" and the indigent's words alone, plus pulling a weapon in the dark, would be enough reason to send him to the afterlife.
I do not know what I would have done.

I carry all the time that I can .
Unfortunately I can't carry at work.
As soon as I get in my personal car .on my way to and from work .
And when I go out to check the mailbox.
25 yards from my front door I have a gun.
And yes I know exactly how far it is from my front door to the mail box.
Because I have used a range finder.
And . sighted a few of my ARs at 25 yards.
JUST SAYING

Carry 24/7 or guess right.

I had a gun on me at Christmas dinner.

P

I took Mom to my grandson's Christmas concert. When she gave me a hug good-bye she felt the lump on my waist (she's really short) and asked, "Is that a gun in your pocket?" :D Of course it was.

If a place is unsafe enough that you wouldn't go into it without a gun, should you really go with a gun?

Only to get someone out of that situation.

I wouldn't have gone across the street if I wasn't armed...

Glad your ok though.

My only question is are you in control of, or own the area you said they don't belong in? I could be wrong and someone please jump in any time and correct me but this may not be necessarily legal - telling someone to leave an area you are not in control of or own.

I agree with you guys. Telling someone to get out of there, "you don't belong", is asking for a whole lot of trouble. Also, approaching someone trying to be mr big chit, can look like you are the agressor. Just sayin..

And I wouldn't confront a homeless drug addict.
In the frist place .
Just call the cops and say there is a guy doing suspicious activity.
Keep your distance and tell them what he looks like.
If you confront a P.O.S. and have to shoot him over a piece of aluminum.
YOUR GOING TO PRISON.
UNFORTUNATELY.
the HOMELESS DRUG ADDICTS.AND THEIVES.
have more rights than you.NOW.
YOU CAN NOT USE YOUR GUN TO DEFEND PROPERTY.

I'll say it again, I parked my car by my house, saw something odd, waited in my car untill the person I hadnt gotten a good look at had left the visible area, only then did I exit my car and walk 8ft to see if my neighbors cars windows were broken or not. Only then did i see the stolen goods, and only then did the person reappear and become agitated/agressive.

By no means do I believe myself to be hot chit or a wannabe cop or looking for trouble.

Only once they became threatening did I say to leave or I would call the cops.

Lol got it thanks.
Your avitar says TACOMA.
I USED TO LIVE THERE.
this one time I came home from work at like 05:00 I was sitting on my front porch .
My truck parked on the street.
I see a CRACK HEAD.
On a bike ride up and start looking through the junk in the back of my truck.lol
I walk up to the fence and say can I help you.
HEHEHE .you would think he was on a motorcycle how fast he rides away

Nothing will change till they say it's okay to KILL HOMELESS DRUG ADDICTS .
UNTIL THEN YOU HAVE TO LET THEM STEAL YOUR STUFF.
THAT YOU WORK FOR.
AND PAY TAXES TO FEED THEM.
B.S.

Many members here subscribe to "stand your ground" and the indigent's words alone, plus pulling a weapon in the dark, would be enough reason to send him to the afterlife.

Once in that situation, I think the threat and the action of the perp, including running/charging at you, justifies a shoot. While messy, I think you win in court.

Probably don't want to go there if it can be avoided, but dang, you can't protect your own neighborhood... what kind of world is this. Don't answer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top