JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a Fred Myer's just a few blocks down the road from this store that I often go to. " Seems" like a nice part of town but I have noticed there is always an armed guard in that Fred's. I have never noticed one at any other Fred's in the county. Always wondered why this one. Looks like I may have my answer now. :(
Friday &Sat day nights many businesses in phoenix, AZ have security guards posted, too-- just started noticing that not too long ago

My dog rides with me almost everywhere I go, I usually have thousands of dollars of tools in the back of my truck. I've never had a problem but apparently nobody wants to get into a confined space with a pitbull that's possessive about her stuff.
Cheaper than Inland Marine insurance

"Two males and a female ranging in ages from 14 to 18 are the ones in custody."

Huh? What happened to "have been arrested"?

Urinalism these days!
Would not want to use that word, might make them "feel bad". Not to mention they were probably in custody for a matter of an hour at the most before they were turned loose to do it again. When someone shoots one of the walking turds they will spend more time "in custody" than the scum who were attacking people. When my Wife got up this morning I had printed out the picture of that woman on the ground with those animals on her and stuck it to the fridge. I think she got the point 🤬

I don't always have my car stolen, but when I do it's at a Walmart.
True story, my wife had our car stolen from the very first parking spot up front at the local Walmart in broad daylight. Only car we've ever had stolen. That was years ago. Now, considering what's been going on in the larger cities, we avoid it if at all possible.
I had forgotten till just now, this is the same store that driver for the armored car was murdered at years back. Not too long after they opened that store. Guy walking out with the bag some scum walked up behind him and shot him in the head. Turned out one of the stores jr managers had put the crew up too it. Told them when to hit the guy. Being criminal master minds they were caught spending the cash at some restaurant soon after. Suspect they are all still in prison bemoaning how unfair it was and all. 🤬

illiteracy-img-434.jpg

I thought I lived in a bad area but then I went out to a restaurant last Saturday early evening around the grotto/Sandy blvd area.
Then again, a couple of years ago, much closer to me, an old guy was set on fire while sitting in a restaurant booth minding his own business.. who later died because of his injuries. So as always, what @Andy54Hawken says is true.. anything can happen anywhere.

I thought I lived in a bad area but then I went out to a restaurant last Saturday early evening around the grotto/Sandy blvd area.
Then again, a couple of years ago, much closer to me, an old guy was set on fire while sitting in a restaurant booth minding his own business.. who later died because of his injuries. So as always, what @Andy54Hawken says is true.. anything can happen anywhere.
Curious what restaurant you'd got to around The Grotto? Park City Pub? The Escape? The Park City is the kind of dive bar-grill we like generally. Had a couple bad experiences there though and haven't been back in some time.

My Wife often shops at this very store. She wonders why I often get angry with her when she "runs to the store" and did not bother to take a gun. I sent this to her saying maybe this will give you a clue why I get mad. Look at the time some of this is happening. 🤬
I often hear someone say they only carry when they think they will need it. I never quite know what to say.

If I "thought" I "might" need it I would just not go to wherever that was so that is a strange way to plan.
I have a friend who hikes a popular trail system here close to home. There are Cougar sightings now and then and he has seen a Cougar twice. He has a Sig P5 and refuses to carry it because Cougars are afraid of people. These Cougars are accustomed to seeing people and only God knows what one might do, God and my friend.

I have a friend who hikes a popular trail system here close to home. There are Cougar sightings now and then and he has seen a Cougar twice. He has a Sig P5 and refuses to carry it because Cougars are afraid of people. These Cougars are accustomed to seeing people and only God knows what one might do, God and my friend.
Well if he gets attacked he went in with eyes wide open. If he survives an attach maybe he will learn. Many have been amazingly dumb'd down about wild animals. Humans are only apex when we are armed. Many wild critters will avoid humans but, a few will not. I remember when my Dad lived in AK he said the Moose were the biggest problem. Visitors often thought they were too cute to be dangerous. A few found out the hard way that they should have listened to what the people who lived there told them.

For those who are thinking do I really need a gun or do I need to carry.....?

Criminals are always desiring that you are not carrying or having access to a firearm.
As well as the means and willingness to defend yourself.
Andy

For those who are thinking do I really need a gun or do I need to carry.....?

Criminals are always desiring that you are not carrying or having access to a firearm.
As well as the means and willingness to defend yourself.
Andy
Many who take the room temp challenge by going after the wrong person one time no doubt have an "OH CRAP" look on their face just before the first round hits.

Natural consequences.
A excellent way to "win" that challenge is to not try and rob or otherwise harm folks.
Andy
Yep, been to several funerals of people I knew who just did not want to learn how to control their tempers. Then one day they picked the wrong person to mess with. I liked what the Top Cop in FL said that time the idiot came after the Lyft Driver and got shot. He kept saying just leave people alone. Wise advice. Some just have to FAFO :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top