JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lower left chest, take out the pumping station...

Tip of the nose is a good spot too, not much bone involved getting into the cranium there...

I know these are small targets. But practice, practice, practice... It creates muscle memory that'll kick in when you need it most...

Bullets of any type can do weird things when they hit flesh...
Plus never underestimate a person's will to live...
I have seen men hit with what should have been lethal wounds ...yet continue to fight and I have seen men who were hit "lightly" and drop right there...

In "reality" its really simple...
It really don't matter what I or anyone else has to say , other than :
Use whatever caliber , gun and bullet type , that you and your gun shoots and hits the best with...
Then if you need to shoot , shoot until the threat is no longer a threat.
Andy

Yeah, Andy once saw a guy take a 105mm howitzer round right in the neck, then reach down and re-strap his sandals and run headlong at the enemy for 750 meters while carrying 7 ammo boxes, and taking out a Hummer.... all while smoking an opium pipe!

True story! :eek:

OK, not really. ;):D

I'm of the idea that the only way to absolutely, positively stop an attack is with removal of the brain, meaning, everything above the neck is no longer part of the body as a whole. There are stories of guys getting steel rods rammed through their skull and living decades, guys getting blown up, shot and stabbed, still alive today. But no stories of someone going kurt Cobain walking to 7-11 to get a slurpee. Everything else just looks like odds and luck. Or very very bad luck.

Yeah, Andy once saw a guy take a 105mm howitzer round right in the neck, then reach down and re-strap his sandals and run headlong at the enemy for 750 meters while carrying 7 ammo boxes, and taking out a Hummer.... all while smoking an opium pipe!

True story! :eek:

OK, not really. ;):D

That there , is the true story of : The Battle of Macho Grande ....
Okay not really...LOL :p:D
Andy

Where's the link?
Call me weird. But I like to actually look at links or read other people's posts before commenting on them.

This podcast is an eye opener. Massad Ayoob interviewed a Chicago cop with 30+ years of experience. Along with some excellent advice ("You do what you need to do to get home at the end of the day. [In a gunfight] you have to come out the winner."), he recounts a story about a man who attacked his partner with a knife. The partner first shot the guy six times with Silvertip hollowpoint 45 Long Colt at very close range; all shots hit center mass. When that didn't stop the attacker, the partner then pulled his back-up gun and put five .38s from his J-frame revolver into the attacker's chest at point blank range. Still under attack, the partner called for help. The interviewee put four more shots into the guy's body (240 grain semi-jacketed flat-noise .44 Magnum bullets) with his Model 29 from 15 feet; 2 hits went into the attacker's upper torso, one into the guy's thigh and another into his kneecap. (That's 15 shots in all.) At that point, the two cops were able to cuff the attacker, who lived for 10 days before expiring. The autopsy showed there were no drugs in the attacker's blood which showed only .02 alcohol. By the way, the attacker was only 5 ft 7 inches tall and weighed about 140 pounds. "We physically decimated this guy."

The story starts at about 7 minutes 40 seconds into the podcast, with more in-depth details starting at 8:22 and the full description of the action starting at 9:30.
I know .44 Special is loaded very soft, probably around 700fps. The old Silvertips would not expand. Most .38, especially out of snub guns get crazy low velocities too.
And 240gr magnums are built for griz, not men.
I din even click, lol.

Yep...and here we go again. Sending you popcorn and beer for the long 9+ page thread!

Ooh. Let's add a little spice to that pop...

is-this-what-1911-guys-talk-about-when-they-mention-15761098.png

Stopping power is a lot more then caliber, speed, and bullet design, it's also a lot more then hitting just the right spot!;)
Pistols are notoriously lousy performers at stopping threats, bullets are generally designed to function with in a very narrow range of velocities, and only in the premier caliber(S) they get tested in!

Now Rifles, that's a whole different game, and why the real experts always say the pistol is only there to allow you to fight your way to the rifle! :cool:

I prefer to push heavy hollow points as fast as safely possible, I want shock energy and I want temporary wound cavity to be as violent as possible! I want the tango to bleed heavy, or I want to remove offending limbs!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top