JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Back in the long, long ago, in the before times when this thread was still close to being on topic :p someone had mentioned they would not answer the door late at night or to a stranger. Which I mostly agree with, but with my current set up I am able to look at whoever is at the door before they can see me, so I am able to do a very quick assessment of the individual.

90% of the time it's a salesman or a cop or some annoying individual, so I don't bother answering the door and they will go away eventually. Other times it is someone that is up to no good. Sometimes just looking at a person for a few seconds and examining their demeanor, how they are dressed, etc. can tell you a lot about their intent. When someone gets my hackles up I will grab the most available handgun, and while concealing it behind my back with one hand, answer the door by cracking it open only enough for the person to see my face, so maybe 8 or 10 inches. I tell them to get lost and I am hoping like hell they don't try to force entry, because the last thing I want to do is have to use lethal force to defend myself.

And the 2nd to last thing I want is for the burglar to go around and kick in my back door because he thinks no one is home. At least by answering the door to the shady individual, you let them know someone is home and they don't know what I am holding behind my back. So basically, I can imagine a scenario where some emboldened burglar is trying to force their way into my home as I am trying to hold the door shut on them, and bubblegum it if some shots didn't go through the door.

I am hearing that this Lester character had a camera pointed at his front door, so if that is the case( and the footage is not "lost" or something) then the truth should come out eventually. Though they will still spin it anyway they want and propagate the racial angle for sure. That's just PAR at this point in the game.:s0119:

Back in the long, long ago, in the before times when this thread was still close to being on topic :p someone had mentioned they would not answer the door late at night or to a stranger. Which I mostly agree with, but with my current set up I am able to look at whoever is at the door before they can see me, so I am able to do a very quick assessment of the individual.

90% of the time it's a salesman or a cop or some annoying individual, so I don't bother answering the door and they will go away eventually. Other times it is someone that is up to no good. Sometimes just looking at a person for a few seconds and examining their demeanor, how they are dressed, etc. can tell you a lot about their intent. When someone gets my hackles up I will grab the most available handgun, and while concealing it behind my back with one hand, answer the door by cracking it open only enough for the person to see my face, so maybe 8 or 10 inches. I tell them to get lost and I am hoping like hell they don't try to force entry, because the last thing I want to do is have to use lethal force to defend myself.

And the 2nd to last thing I want is for the burglar to go around and kick in my back door because he thinks no one is home. At least by answering the door to the shady individual, you let them know someone is home and they don't know what I am holding behind my back. So basically, I can imagine a scenario where some emboldened burglar is trying to force their way into my home as I am trying to hold the door shut on them, and bubblegum it if some shots didn't go through the door.

I am hearing that this Lester character had a camera pointed at his front door, so if that is the case( and the footage is not "lost" or something) then the truth should come out eventually. Though they will still spin it anyway they want and propagate the racial angle for sure. That's just PAR at this point in the game.:s0119:
Same, but I don't open the door. I've got a nice loud yell. I know you can hear me, yeah you with the crowbar.

So....
With 17 pages...many of which are wildly off the OP.....
Along with some the posting herein , which are not within NWFA rules...

And while I am not a Sith...I am absolutely sure I will be closing the thread now.... :D
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews