JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's a few manufacturers that offer extenders for the mags:

Thank you for posting! I wanna decide which one to get either today or tomorrow. I bought several magazines from a place in Florida GregCoteLLC.com great service and prices too. There are 2 magazines for a different gun that we decided I may need to return. I wanna give him a sale too if I get another sets of TX22 16 round or if I see something else interesting like the one you showed.
I also have a few promag 32 rounds for Glock 19 and a 25 round for a Taurus G3X. What a total a blast to fire. :s0007:

Also Taurus is made in America now.

The only people who complain about Taurus quality have never owned one or owned one from the 1980s which is almost half a century ago.
Not entirely true...

TaurusUSA and BrazilTaurus makes firearms in Brazil and the USA. For example, the GX4 parts are manufactured in Brazil and assembled in Bainbridge, Georgia. Taurus firearms that receive the "Heritage" branding are made in Bainbridge, Georgia. Firearms with the "Rossi" branding are made in Porto Alegre, Brazil.

The only Taurus I know right now, entirely made in USA is the TX22, and ironically, that's the only Taurus I would now own. It's a great little pistol.

Not entirely true...

TaurusUSA and BrazilTaurus makes firearms in Brazil and the USA. For example, the GX4 parts are manufactured in Brazil and assembled in Bainbridge, Georgia. Taurus firearms that receive the "Heritage" branding are made in Bainbridge, Georgia. Firearms with the "Rossi" branding are made in Porto Alegre, Brazil.

The only Taurus I know right now, entirely made in USA is the TX22, and ironically, that's the only Taurus I would now own. It's a great little pistol.
TX22 was my last pre ban purchase…. I read out of 20 models one one didn't have a threaded barrel attachment …. So I had to get one

Anyone know if any higher than 17 round capacity for a TX22?
Taurus sells an expansion kit for their magazines for pretty cheap.

As for Taurus handguns in general, I've had a pile and haven't run into any problems. They're priced to move in quantity, and the more of anything is out there the more problems you're going to hear about. They had growing pains with their revolvers when they were a younger company, but it's been a long time. I've had a couple of the 856 6 round snubby, and they're great. They've finally adjusted their springs for first-world ammo, so the trigger isn't stupid heavy anymore.

One thing I'll say about their centerfire autos, I don't love the trigger. It's not that the weight or break are bad, but the break position is like the old Ruger P series pistols, it's just too far back for my taste

I'm already planning the second half to my cowboy load out…matching cartridge.44mag. I have plenty of time before I buy… and considering GunBroker for the first time (opinions/experiences here would be cool too.)

If this question is played out and nothing has changed with the QC.. then okay.. say so.

I did run a search in here about Taurus quality and found some older posts… Revolvers. Wanted to see if the consensus is about the same or if Taurus has been "doing better "?

I don't want to dismiss anyone's opinions..and I have a sense of humor so…. Send It.

I see a "new" limited lifetime warranty now… the sticker came on my little TX22

I'm intrigued by Raging Hunter 5.12" coverage under "limited lifetime warranty" as original buyer.

I like the 2 tone and pic rail on top. If I had enough time to save for a custom revolver like this but in a Ruger or Smith… I'd bet that penny would be gorgeous though.

Thank you
It has been said that "Friends don't let friends buy Taurus". Fair assessment? Maybe, maybe not. Smith, Ruger, Colt. An American Trinity.

As to the Ruger "P" series autos, I wish I still had mine.

It has been said that "Friends don't let friends buy Taurus". Fair assessment? Maybe, maybe not. Smith, Ruger, Colt. An American Trinity.

As to the Ruger "P" series autos, I wish I still had mine.
My P89 was an absolute tank but I don't miss it. :D

My P85 was a tank as well. But I would run out of food and water during the trigger travel. :s0092:

Exactly one FTE in the 30ish years I owned it, but I don't miss it.
I can't remember ANY failures with my 89.....somewhere around 12k rounds through it.

My P89 went down the road during one of my periodic "Thin The Herd" moments. It had been a useful duty weapon start-up pistol and I didnt use it anymore. My P95 was a better piece altogether and I do miss it as a trunk gun... The local popo's got that one and I have yet to get it back. Anyway I have found myself invested in a new Glock 19 and a gen3 21 with strong tritiums. If I wasnt so invested in Glocks already, my next candidate would be a Springer XDm 10mm, simply for the grip safety.. As it is, I have gotten used to the lack of a safety on the Glock, so it will "probably" be another Glock..
edited to add: I don't care WHAT Gaston says, the trigger dingus ISN'T A SAFETY.

Last Edited:
My P89 went down the road during one of my periodic "Thin The Herd" moments. It had been a useful duty weapon start-up pistol and I didnt use it anymore. My P95 was a better piece altogether and I do miss it as a trunk gun... The local popo's got that one and I have yet to get it back. Anyway I have found myself invested in a new Glock 19 and a gen3 21 with strong tritiums. If I wasnt so invested in Glocks already, my next candidate would be a Springer XDm 10mm, simply for the grip safety.. As it is, I have gotten used to the lack of a safety on the Glock, so it will "probably" be another Glock..
edited to add: I don't care WHAT Gaston says, the trigger dingus ISN'T A SAFETY.
Mine was my first handgun purchase, bought on my 21st birthday. I had it for years, my dad even had it for a while and then I ended up back with it. I don't regret selling it even though it was my first. :D

Taurus sells an expansion kit for their magazines for pretty cheap.

As for Taurus handguns in general, I've had a pile and haven't run into any problems. They're priced to move in quantity, and the more of anything is out there the more problems you're going to hear about. They had growing pains with their revolvers when they were a younger company, but it's been a long time. I've had a couple of the 856 6 round snubby, and they're great. They've finally adjusted their springs for first-world ammo, so the trigger isn't stupid heavy anymore.

One thing I'll say about their centerfire autos, I don't love the trigger. It's not that the weight or break are bad, but the break position is like the old Ruger P series pistols, it's just too far back for my taste
What centerfire did you acquire? Did you end up modding the trigger?
I have a G3X that kind of feels the same. Not the best but I have no complaints yet and havent done any modifications too. Its a real good gun for me to practice . The grip feels close to the Glock 19 with an extended magazine nut thats about it. I also bought a GX4 micro. I actually like that gun in some ways to fire but not really for a long duration. Its amazing for a small gun can that has 9mm with 11 round mag stock. If I use the extend 13 magazine it almost feels like a compact. I was able to put alot of round on it at one time. Some how great to shoot. but its more like a concealed type of gun due to its size.

There's a few manufacturers that offer extenders for the mags:

Thank you for the follow-up. I end up getting another 2 more 16 round magazine and I filed this rebate. last week. This should help out in saving some time. The 22LR goes really fast in the range.

1698992280700.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top