JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Market adjustment. On the small scale ( the local forums ) is all about who buys.
I will not buy at these current outrageous prices ( 60 bucks for mini mags you can still buy at 30 brand new, 200 dollar 60 round ar mags, thousand dollar minis, 3,000 dollar lower end ARs etc ) and those sellers go on my ignore list. Done.

Ruger 10/22 package

$900 ????

If you're referring to the classified here...I'd point out that it's a Green Mountain barrel, Timney trigger, etc. I don't know if it's worth $900 - in fact, now that I think of it, it seems a bit overpriced - but it's hardly a stock 10/22.

It's not hard to get a 10/22 up near $1000 - Kidd trigger ($300), a Shilen barrel ($300), custom stock, etc.

(I'm not the one selling the 10/22 btw, just happened to look at the ad shortly before seeing the post I replied to)

If you're referring to the classified here...I'd point out that it's a Green Mountain barrel, Timney trigger, etc. I don't know if it's worth $900 - in fact, now that I think of it, it seems a bit overpriced - but it's hardly a stock 10/22.

It's not hard to get a 10/22 up near $1000 - Kidd trigger ($300), a Shilen barrel ($300), custom stock, etc.

(I'm not the one selling the 10/22 btw, just happened to look at the ad shortly before seeing the post I replied to)

A 10/22 can become a money pit real fast and that's a fact. I am reminded of this every time one of my kids wants to make upgrades on their 10/22's. :)

Here's one that made me sputter. There's an ad for 500 rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf Steel Case for $350 which is over double what NW Armory is currently selling it for.

Here's one that made me sputter. There's an ad for 500 rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf Steel Case for $350 which is over double what NW Armory is currently selling it for.

i can understand such prices if the proposed ban legislation made it through committee, was scheduled to be put to vote (which boehner will make difficult), and passed by one of two branches of the legislature, but it hasn't; it has only been proposed. it is unlikely the bill will make it on the floor of either branches of the legislature, let alone pass without being completely gutted. also, within a month, with all the demand for ammo, the market will be flooded with ammo from russia, europe, and south america--causing prices to fall back closer to what they were in early december.

now, if obama decided to sign an unconstitutional "executive order" (which i don't think he's stupid enough to do, but then again he likely suffers more from hubris than stupidity), that's another story--but ammo and gun prices will be the least of our worries.

I'm about ready to sell one of my black guns I'm mean this is just stupid. Toss together a oly upper on a cmmg lower, 5 p-mags and 100 rounds of PCM bronze... Ask an insane price then roll that into a really nice o/u trap gun... I'm really really tempted.....

I was thinking something along the same lines. But for a Lapua.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

i can understand such prices if the proposed ban legislation made it through committee, was scheduled to be put to vote (which boehner will make difficult), and passed by one of two branches of the legislature, but it hasn't; it has only been proposed. it is unlikely the bill will make it on the floor of either branches of the legislature, let alone pass without being completely gutted. also, within a month, with all the demand for ammo, the market will be flooded with ammo from russia, europe, and south america--causing prices to fall back closer to what they were in early december.

now, if obama decided to sign an unconstitutional "executive order" (which i don't think he's stupid enough to do, but then again he likely suffers more from hubris than stupidity), that's another story--but ammo and gun prices will be the least of our worries.

BEST case scenario that will take at least 4 months to happen. American ammo still is going to be limited because of the massive government orders from the factories. And you said Boehner will make it difficult, thats not good enough, if he only makes it difficult it means the other side will win.

Do you guys think maybe, with the whole 1.6 billion round buy up of ammo by DHS, and TSA in recent months, this could have been a setup? Just sayin

Do you guys think maybe, with the whole 1.6 billion round buy up of ammo by DHS, and TSA in recent months, this could have been a setup? Just sayin

They didn't really buy all that, or even order it. They negotiated a contract that they can order from as they need it for the negotiated price. That way they can get the best price and make the best use of our hard earned tax dollar. You can get a lot better price out of the manufacturer if you are negotiating over a billion plus rounds.

I bet if you figured the total number of govt employees that big number is intended for, it won't amount to much per person. All of those gun carriers have to qualify on the range. And one thing the govt has is a lot of employees.

So this huge ammo contract is not what some doomsayers would like for you to think it is. Think how many rounds we send downrange each year?

Let me explain how stingy the government is with rounds...In Afghanistan, where we are at war, soldiers are only allowed 210 rounds of 5.56. If they shoot any, they are expected to bring back the brass, and have a report as to why the ammo was expended, in order to get more. It is a fight, Range ammo is nearly not available.

Let me explain how stingy the government is with rounds...In Afghanistan, where we are at war, soldiers are only allowed 210 rounds of 5.56. If they shoot any, they are expected to bring back the brass, and have a report as to why the ammo was expended, in order to get more. It is a fight, Range ammo is nearly not available.

Seems like I just heard that number from a buddy the other day. Isn't that like 7 loaded mags, and considered a full load out? What's the term? Pardon me not being a soldier.

And is this your personal experience, or heard from a friend?

If you comment about someones outrageous prices on here you will get a warning from the Moderator. I have just picked up my first. :(

Sorry you got a warning, but good.

We complain about regulated markets, then want to regulate this one, it's a bit hypocritical. The market will adjust those prices, by either dropping them, or proving them.

Then we'll all have to adjust.

Seems like I just heard that number from a buddy the other day. Isn't that like 7 loaded mags, and considered a full load out? What's the term? Pardon me not being a soldier.

And is this your personal experience, or heard from a friend?

I was the guy who had the key to the ammo. So not only doing everything else, I had to keep track of the munitions.

Basic Combat Load.

GI: 210rds 5.56, pistol adds 45rds of 9mm, M203/XM320 gets a mix of 16 40mm grenades, mostly signal and smoke.

SAW Gunner 600rds of linked 5.56

M240B 1200rds

M2 1200rds, mix of API, and ball.

MK19 240rds of HE

Good luck getting rounds for the MK19 out the gate tho. And grenades? very few were let go and usually only with a squad leader.

Does anybody actually know someone who is buying .223/5.56 at 75-80 cents/round?

Forward me their phone number ;)

But I definitely think ammo prices will be the first things to fall, followed by magazine prices, and ultimately rifle prices.

I think any gun control legislation is going to get shut down quickly by the Republican-controlled house.

If you bought low, you'll be okay. If you bought high...well you'll find yourself with a bunch of .223 you paid 75 cents/round for.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top