JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok am I the only one noticing the rise in price of 7.62x54r? Its not factory ammo Its SURPLUS Ammo, there is no shortage. People are asking almost double what spam cans sold for even last month..

Ok am I the only one noticing the rise in price of 7.62x54r? Its not factory ammo Its SURPLUS Ammo, there is no shortage. People are asking almost double what spam cans sold for even last month..

What was the before-panic vs. after-panic price?

I just bought some surplus Russian for 25 cents/round delivered. That works out to $110 per 440-round spam can.

Not really, just saw someone selling a 880 round crate for $200, which is fair if you consider shipping costs for crates you purchase online. I've seen plenty of 440 round spam cans listed for $100/each.

Prices are up for 5.45x39, but cans of those are a little harder to find.

Actually, Aim Surplus "SOLD OUT" of that first link.

UN Ammo has some 880 for $230 delivered. I got a crate Friday and it was $220 then LOL

United Nations Ammo Company (UNAC)

I just opened the crate and it's a little different than the normal green spam can pack. The metal boxes inside were in pretty rough shape, though the ammo looks fine and is the familiar cardboard-and-string 20-packs.

Here's a pic of what the inside of the crate looks like (with one can removed). Note there was no can opener.

unammo.jpg

unammo.jpg

Thanks to a great deals listing, 42-round AR mags were available for $18 each in stock. They stayed available for a few hours. Those needing mags don't have to pay $50/each. Just wait for the opportunities that come up, and don't delay when they do.

My advice would be to check the Great Deals thread at least once a day. There are people looking for - and finding - good deals all the time.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/great-deals/116451-42-round-mags-instock-hurry-$18.html

You can go to the S&W website and see all public offerings of all there current models with MSLP. I would imagine most others of repute are doing the same. Go to a gun shop of good repute. Pay your money. Puts you in line for the first model that hits the store, could be days, weeks or months.

Or pay a premium on the private market to have it now in hand.

Your choice.

I paid right at MSLP of $1250 for a S&W M&P M15A. It's a base carbine on their LEO list. Just a well made M4 flatop with Troy BattleSight rear and one Pmag 30. Bought the last 2 pmags they had. That was 12/17. 2 weeks later you couldn't touch one NIB for $2500. Now they are back to $1800 or so. Used lightly I see good AR-s asking $1350.

Lots of private party sellers just looking to cash out for a few hundred gain. Before inaugaration there will be some stable supply along with factory deliveries.

I cannot predict market reactions in the next weeks and months. What does Bama say about bans at his inaguration speach? How does congress react to his proposals? Will he really issue an executive order if congress "does not act"?

Obama and his minions are going to hammer very hard to get as much ban for the buck as they can get. MSM is with them 100%.

What do you guess? What will be the price for a NIB black rifle 3 or 6 months hence? Tending up or down do you think?

No one can do anything but WAG on the future price. I do know my money is safer as arms in hand than as digits in dollars at my bank. I will be safer too if I keep it for SHTF.

I was talking with a buddy today in southern Oregon. He told about a friend of his who brought two $700-ish ARs in for consignment to a Roseburg gun store. He didn't even get them into the store. A guy in the parking lot said "I'll give you $3000 each if you will sell them out here."

The buyer went and got the money and bought the rifles. Where are these guys when I need them? I am feeling all left out not being a gouger and all. So very sad.

I was talking with a buddy today in southern Oregon. He told about a friend of his who brought two $700-ish ARs in for consignment to a Roseburg gun store. He didn't even get them into the store. A guy in the parking lot said "I'll give you $3000 each if you will sell them out here."

The buyer went and got the money and bought the rifles. Where are these guys when I need them? I am feeling all left out not being a gouger and all. So very sad.
That's a nice campfire tale, but I don't really think anyone paid $3000 for a $700 AR that day. There are ARs listed all day long all over the state for $1500 (which is still double what they were going for back in October). If you gave me $6000 tonight, I could have 4 complete ARs for you before dinner tomorrow evening. There's no shortage at $1500/rifle (I counted 10 classifieds listings for AR-15s in that price range on Monday alone), and that's why I highly doubt someone paid $3000 for one.

My buddy was getting a new stock installed on his cmmg ar15 and was offered $2000 in the parking lot.Not everyone knows about the online resources, they walk in the gun shop and see no guns and the guy behind the counter spins a tale of nothing to be found and if you do it will be expensive, panic sets in and you have a recipe for outragous offers.

I decided to run a small experiment on spending idiocy. I have a DGW lower, I paid 90 for after transfer.

I listed it for $350.00, with a $600 "buy now", within 10 minutes of the auction starting it had a bid and 15 people tracking it. That's insane, you can still go to a shop and buy a stripped one for $270 or so.

How long will the ridiculous AR for sale adds last?

I notice the prices keep dropping but they get in the way of real buying and selling.
I'd think those with adds that are 3+ weeks old with no replies and repeated bumps would get a clue?

I decided to run a small experiment on spending idiocy. I have a DGW lower, I paid 90 for after transfer.

I listed it for $350.00, with a $600 "buy now", within 10 minutes of the auction starting it had a bid and 15 people tracking it. That's insane, you can still go to a shop and buy a stripped one for $270 or so.

Ya I don't get it either. I see clocks listed for 700-800....for the same thing my LGS has for 499. It cracks me up.

I have a message to the gouging gun shops and people taking advantage of the frenzy......you might make a large profit now when times are bad, but you will need profit when times are good and regular shoppers like me SHALL NEVER AGAIN STEP FOOT INTO YOUR STORE!!! ($25 for a box of 20 PMC .223??? good job Doc Hollidays in Grants Pass)

just goes to the old saying "be careful of the toes you step on today for they may be connected to the a$$ you have to kiss tomorrow"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top