JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anybody actually know someone who is buying .223/5.56 at 75-80 cents/round?

Forward me their phone number ;)

But I definitely think ammo prices will be the first things to fall, followed by magazine prices, and ultimately rifle prices. I think any gun control legislation is going to get shut down quickly by the Republican-controlled house.

If you bought low, you'll be okay. If you bought high...well you'll find yourself with a bunch of .223 you paid 75 cents/round for.

Lets hope so! but remember our POTUS is a spoiled rotten brat who wants his way no matter what. I think he wants gun control and he'll get something. i have some .223 ammo advertised on here for .55 a rd to .65 a rd. except for the tap ammo at 30.00 for a 20 rd box,(normal retail) but i really want to trade it for 168 grain Ballistic tip .308 rather than sell it. I thought i was asking alot last week til everyone got back from the gunshow high on who knows what and asking 750 to 800 dollars per 1k rounds LOL :s0112: we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Thats just fn stupid....... guess im a great friend cause i just sold half a case to a buddy for 200.00... which is still more than i paid for it... no need to hose someone "dry". plus karma is a biatch

I think the high AR prices of late are just awesome! It is bringing out some really beautiful safe queens.

What it means is that anyone who wants one and can pay the price, can have it right now without waiting in line in hopes of getting it. The high prices really help spread out, and even increase the supply.

While I am all for high prices, I am not selling anything. Well, I have a couple of Pmags, but... do I hear One Million Dollars?

:)

Oh well. I bought them because I wanted them, not to sell.

So, out of curiosity.....given the current market conditions. What's your opinion of a fair value for 223?

Not sure who you are asking, but because of increased demand, I would expect to pay somewhat over twice what I would have been able to find it for six weeks ago. There is just a heck of a lot more dollars chasing those rifles than there were six weeks ago.

I passed on a $650 AR with a poly receiver about a month ago. Now I wouldn't expect the same rifle to be available for less than $1400.

This of course is just my opinion, and this is an opinion thread, but it seems to me that the people who are complaining about gouging and doing the ad thread crapping are those who didn't buy all the ARs, Pmags, and 556 ammo they wanted before this started.

They sound like a bunch of whiny entitlement minded bubblegummers to me :s0131:

I have paid anywhere from .30 a rd to 1.30 a rd. depending on what type of ammo. I've underpaid on some and overpaid on some but i'm happy with every round i have :) And i agree about the whiny people, they are also the ones you can find in other areas of this forum trying to pass themselves off as so so smart because they bought gold and silver and have made money on those precious metals but complain if anyone else makes money off of brass and copper ;)

Good point about the gold and silver.

And are you really making money when you sell ammo, gold, or silver? Just because you paid less? These things are really a hedge, or store of value.

Once you sell your Pmags or 556 for $$$ then you still have the same dollars chasing something else in the same market.

That's why, it's ~not gouging. Absolutely nothing will sell at over what the market price is for it. And market price is driven by supply and demand. Supply is short and demand is high, then the price will also be high.

Plenty of times in the past, I have seen someone selling an AR at way more than I thought it was worth. They had bolted on every silly thing they could find, declared it a masterpiece, and then thought buyers should line up and reward them for their awesomeness in accessorizing. Like they were the fashion gods of rifle assembling or something.

Thing is, those ARs will only sell at the market price. Whatever that is. They won't bring a dollar more. The demand, market, determines the price. When demand is high, sellers have to test the market with what they think it will bear, as they will certainly have seller's remorse if it sells too quick.

So this is great fun, we get to see just how much an AR might bring in a market where they are scarce. Now we can find out how much they are really worth.

The sellers with their high prices aren't hurting anything. They are just trying to determine what the top of the market is, without giving anything away.

Lets hope so! but remember our POTUS is a spoiled rotten brat who wants his way no matter what. I think he wants gun control and he'll get something. i have some .223 ammo advertised on here for .55 a rd to .65 a rd. except for the tap ammo at 30.00 for a 20 rd box,(normal retail) but i really want to trade it for 168 grain Ballistic tip .308 rather than sell it. I thought i was asking alot last week til everyone got back from the gunshow high on who knows what and asking 750 to 800 dollars per 1k rounds LOL :s0112: we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Obongo is the great White Elephant. He exhibits the same behavior as African tyrants over the ages, wild, gaudy spending, flambouyant behavior, and (planned) tyranny. The next 4 years are gonna be a wild ride

Obongo is the great White Elephant. He exhibits the same behavior as African tyrants over the ages, wild, gaudy spending, flambouyant behavior, and (planned) tyranny. The next 4 years are gonna be a wild ride

Damn, that Obongo comment was a thread stopper :s0131:

OK, so here's some GOUGING for you...

I have a bunch of Pmags. I paid $13 each for them and I want... One Million Dollars Each!!!

OK, I would happily accept One Million Dollars for all of them. Really, even just 100k.

So villify me. I am a Bad Person. I deserve it!

Give it your best please.

For the guy who posted the $1000 10/22 with a banana mag...I don't think Wholesale Sports is going to run out of banana mags for a long time. Took this pic Friday :) butler (Small).JPG

butler (Small).JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads