JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like that so many ads that are posted keep getting bumped because nobody is interested. Kinda sad that half the ads I click on are blocked because my IGNORE list has almost 200 people on it.

Ya I don't get it either. I see clocks listed for 700-800....for the same thing my LGS has for 499. It cracks me up.

Those are MA glock prices right there, but that almost makes sense since you can't get new Glocks in MA, and can only be transferred private unless they were made prior to 1994.

LogicBomb - I understand the sentiment, but honestly... not going to happen. You may get huffy about increased prices for EBRs or ammo, even though the market may be causing those prices (hint: it is), but if every one of your local gun shops is doing it, and you commit to not doing business with them. Well, then your opportunities to purchase what you want or need get a bit stretched.

Unless you have access to their books though, you can't say it's gouging, or charging what they need to charge due to business pressure.

...Unless you have access to their books though, you can't say it's gouging, or charging what they need to charge due to business pressure.

Yup. And it can't be "gouging" unless someone is forcing them to buy it. With the tax increases this year, increasingly burdensome regs and fees, and (for some firearms dealers) not even knowing if they will be able to stay in business a year or two from now, I don't blame them one bit for selling for what the market will pay. Harley dealers in the area were selling bikes significantly above retail when demand was so strong a few years ago, and automobile dealers have done it also when certain models are in demand. The stock market is a perfect example of that too. But for some reason people get excited and buy more when stocks are already overpriced. Supply and demand. Lean years and fat years. It all balances out eventually.

I like that so many ads that are posted keep getting bumped because nobody is interested. Kinda sad that half the ads I click on are blocked because my IGNORE list has almost 200 people on it.

I've had clowns calling me all sorts of vile names for my opinions and I have no one on ignore. I can't imagine getting your panties in that sort of a twist over posted words

Yup. And it can't be "gouging" unless someone is forcing them to buy it. With the tax increases this year, increasingly burdensome regs and fees, and (for some firearms dealers) not even knowing if they will be able to stay in business a year or two from now, I don't blame them one bit for selling for what the market will pay. Harley dealers in the area were selling bikes significantly above retail when demand was so strong a few years ago, and automobile dealers have done it also when certain models are in demand. The stock market is a perfect example of that too. But for some reason people get excited and buy more when stocks are already overpriced. Supply and demand. Lean years and fat years. It all balances out eventually.

Absolutely, and people complaining it right now are either short sighted, anti-market based pricing (which means pro-government price regulation), or just caught up in the haterade deliveries.

It's simple, don't like the price, don't pay it, and it doesn't affect you. It may mean that you might not be able to have as much fund as you used to, but that is your choice.

I got rid of several thousand rounds of ammo for my pistol and rifle when I moved from MA to WA. Since I don't want to pay the stupid pricing, it means I get to shoot less. That's my choice. Just means I have to wait out the stupidity. That's not a real effect to my life.

I've had clowns calling me all sorts of vile names for my opinions and I have no one on ignore. I can't imagine getting your panties in that sort of a twist over posted words

what the hell are you talking about? people go on my ignore list for gouging, nobody goes on my ignore list for saying squat.

I dont get it.......on every website i see people posting that they want to buy an AR at "not crazy prices or not jacked up prices"???????? If that is what people are buying and selling for then those are todays prices......those are the new prices. People are looking to buy now because they missed out on what most of us already knew what was in the pipes. Why would anybody in their right mind sell something for half what it is going for right now??? I would like to buy gold at 10 years ago prices but guess what..........i cant! Those are not todays prices. Anybody want to sell me their house at 1980's prices? I just really dont want to pay todays jacked up prices for my new house. What about some Microsoft stock at early prices todays prices are just crazy. Sorry just had to vent real quick, just tired of seeing late to the party threads looking for what they should have gotten years ago during a rush and getting mad because the price has went up. How does it go......you snooze you pay 1500.00 freaken dollars for an AR! jimmy BTW i have no dog in the fight just tired of seeing it

I dont get it.......on every website i see people posting that they want to buy an AR at "not crazy prices or not jacked up prices"???????? If that is what people are buying and selling for then those are todays prices......those are the new prices. People are looking to buy now because they missed out on what most of us already knew what was in the pipes. Why would anybody in their right mind sell something for half what it is going for right now??? I would like to buy gold at 10 years ago prices but guess what..........i cant! Those are not todays prices. Anybody want to sell me their house at 1980's prices? I just really dont want to pay todays jacked up prices for my new house. What about some Microsoft stock at early prices todays prices are just crazy. Sorry just had to vent real quick, just tired of seeing late to the party threads looking for what they should have gotten years ago during a rush and getting mad because the price has went up. How does it go......you snooze you pay 1500.00 freaken dollars for an AR! jimmy BTW i have no dog in the fight just tired of seeing it

I do have to say there is a difference between 30 year ago house prices and a month ago AR prices.

I'll use an analogy.. 18 years ago I harvested an English Walnut tree.. the wood was at best worth 2 bucks a board foot, today it's going for $23 a board foot and I am selling some at 20 bucks per board foot to start my new biz

Am I price gouging?

I'll use an analogy.. 18 years ago I harvested an English Walnut tree.. the wood was at best worth 2 bucks a board foot, today it's going for $23 a board foot and I am selling some at 20 bucks per board foot to start my new biz

Am I price gouging?
Yes. I deserve it for $1.50 a foot, because Uncle Barry tells me I'm speshul.

Am I price gouging?

So is this an analogy for inflation, or are you trying to tell me we've over harvested English walnut so the supply is down? Or did you hear there is "potential" for an English walnut tree ban and you quickly doubled the sales price because you knew you could take advantage of people that loved English walnut? Now your getting $40 per board foot because of hoarders and people buying everything on the shelf to make it look like they are bare just to turn a profit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top