JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Say, for whatever reason, you opted for a revolver for your primary handgun for a disaster situation, what would it be and why?

Personally, I'm torn between the S&W 686 and 29. The former is a seven shot, .357 Magnum, the latter a six shot .44 Magnum. I'd lean toward the latter because large critters on our property would be just as much as issue as two-legged varmints.

riddler.jpg

I've only got one. So that one, if I absolutely had to.

If I could choose my own out of available options. Likely a 9 or 10 shot 22lr.

Maybe a 327 mag.

Something that I could have a lot of ammo for stores with the gun so as not to be SOL with only a box or two of heavy ammo.

The 357.
Extra round before reloading and fake out those who assume you're empty after six. Ya know "do you feel lucky Punk?"
Can use the same ammo as more of my lever action rifles.
If having to scrounge for ammo 357/38 is most likely easier to find, assuming venturing away from home base.
Could use the leverlution ammo for bigger critters.
I can reload for it but I can for both for that matter......
Between those pictured the stainless is more weather forgiving.

One thing I like about the .327 is you can run .32 S&W, .32 Long, .32 H&R Magnum, and .327 Magnum. I've read, though not confirmed, that the semi-rimmed .32 ACP will work too. :)

I'd run a 4" stainless GP100 in .357 with a 3" SP101 as backup. Because I already own them. :)

One day I'll send off my SP101 to Gemini Customs so I can have this in the end of times.

1581119029798.jpeg

What, No Smith&Wesson is better then Colt wheelguns argument, And Ruger's are the Glocks of the Revolver world, I'm expecting the rants anytime now!
And the whole .375 vs .44 discussion, where is all the passionate dissagreements on that?

:s0140::s0140::s0140:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR