JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing that strikes me is the in the event short term actions or responce vs the longer term settling in process. In the short term I'm not going to throw open my gun safe and hand out guns ammo to my neighbors. As things develop and rolls are defined my firearms and ammo might be useful.

Two years ago a neighbor gal came to the door in a panic, and asked "Could you come shoot my horse? It's having seizures! I have a gun but don't know how to use it!". (Nope, didn't go shoot the horse). Last year, another neighbor called while I was hunting in Montana. He had a racoon up a tree behind his house. He also has a new 9mm handgun that he's never fired, having purchased it for self defense. He was talking about shooting that racoon out of the tree. I explained that it wouldn't be a good idea or even remotely safe to do this. Just get him and his dog in the house and let the racoon leave on it's own. No, I'm not handing out any of my firearms to anyone under any circumstances.

Last Edited:
You are correct and I have had my share of shirt tail relatives that have actually said those words, "I'm coming to your house if things get really bad."

After a quick explanation that unless you're bringing all the supplies necessary for you and your family to survive don't bother, or they would be considered the enemy it tends to shut them up. I am sure Some will try to make it my way but they got to get past the neighbors first to get to my place and I wish them luck.

It may sound like double speak but as I stated on my second post "certain" friends and family as these are the one that are prepared and we have the same mind set and have done some basic training together and I would consider an asset and not a liability, but like I said they got caught with their pants down and away from their stash because of an SHTF and needed to come un-prepared.

One thing that strikes me is the in the event short term actions or responce vs the longer term settling in process. In the short term I'm not going to throw open my gun safe and hand out guns ammo to my neighbors. As things develop and rolls are defined my firearms and ammo might be useful.
yes, there is that to consider because anything you give up is gone for good or that is the mind set you need to go with. In my case I live off the beaten path, although with all the folks moving into the area it is more traveled than it was, but all the neighbors that I have all own guns of some type and do shoot at least a couple times a year. Good, bad or indifferent at least they know witch end the bullet comes out so they are good to go for the moment.

Edit I forgot my Quotes

I think I mentioned this before, but I have several relatives that I wouldn't mind arming IF they showed up needing sanctuary. A couple have a LOT more training and experience than I do, having been around the world in some conflicts while armed by/for Uncle Sam - a couple of these are still employed in that capacity.

Others do have at least an interest in guns (yesterday the pawn/gun shop looked at my name on the 4473 and asked me if I was related to XYZ who is my nephew and apparently visits the shop frequently).

Most of these relatives, to my knowledge are not preppers and I do not know of any of them who have property like I do. So if they can find me, they might be welcome. Only a few know exactly where I live and how to find me though, and I do not have an open invite to them. Also, I have not told any of them about my prepping, although a few might have an idea that I prep. I don't anticipate they will show up.

I'm thankful the current laws let us gift guns to our relatives. My kids will get my guns at some point in their lives, at least I hope so. One son lives in Rhode Island and that state's gun laws are a nightmare.

i8e5e9xjf9z81.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads