JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What, No Smith&Wesson is better then Colt wheelguns argument, And Ruger's are the Glocks of the Revolver world, I'm expecting the rants anytime now!
And the whole .375 vs .44 discussion, where is all the passionate dissagreements on that?

:s0140::s0140::s0140:
Revolver owners are Gentlemen. :D

What, No Smith&Wesson is better then Colt wheelguns argument, And Ruger's are the Glocks of the Revolver world, I'm expecting the rants anytime now!
And the whole .375 vs .44 discussion, where is all the passionate dissagreements on that?

I'd run a 4" stainless GP100 in .357 with a 3" SP101 as backup. Because I already own them. :)

Welp if Rugers are the Glocks of the revolver world that might explain things. :D

I did finally manage to replace my Dan Wesson stainless .44 I stupidly sold off years ago! Kind of like a 629 but different!
1581123868230.png

Got any other barrels?
No, this one only came with the One, same as my original! Would have likes a 7 or 8 inch hunter barrel to go with it, but have not even looked to see if I could find one! I didn't even know you could change the barrels on these until years later! :(
I'm pretty happy with the 5.5 Inch set up, but would like to change the front sight on it!

Not without much regret, if a REVOLVER were indicated it would I think be a 4" Smith model 28... since I don't own a stainless .357, a stainless Redhawk .44 mag probably too heavy to edc.... otherwise in reality, a Glock 21 .45...
I often regret selling my Smith 66!:(
Too many things said about the Python's fragility and difficulty to repair to carry it altho I like it a lot...

Can't go wrong with either of your choices. My bias is .357 cause I own a S&W 28-2. .A 66 no dash was my woods gun. Back to carrying my 28-2 because I prefer a heavier frame.

.44 is bit much to shoot for me and too much for my spouse. .357 is sort of the max for me and definitely her. Ironically I don't have the same issues shooting a Glock 20. But that is not relevant to a wheel gun choice. Love both of those guns.

Pretty sure I would opt for the .44. Both the .357 and the .44 do kick so why not have the serious knock down....just my opinion. I have adequate ammo for each. The question eliminates the G20 from the equation. Serious quandary. I love my 586 but the .44's hit where I point every time, so ....?

44 Back Packer.jpg 00004206.jpg 00004399.jpg

Well some of us have some of each Colt, Smith, Taurus, Rossi, Dan Wesson, Ruger, etc. and many different 357 and 44mag flavors all of which are still better than any Glock.:s0030:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top