JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
same thing happened infront of my work. un-leashed pitbull came from no where and attacked a guys leashed dog. he shot and killed it; except, no big news story or nothin. he was walkin his dog again the next day.

I live in a neighborhood with a few dogs. I have two pugs and they have no chance against any animal that may attack. I always carry mace and a 9mm for our protection. I desire to never have to hurt or kill someone else's pet.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I live in a neighborhood with a few dogs. I have two pugs and they have no chance against any animal that may attack. I always carry mace and a 9mm for our protection. I desire to never have to hurt or kill someone else's pet.

View attachment 313643 View attachment 313644

They say a pet and it's owner tend to look alike... from what I can see in that photo, it may be true!! o_O ;)

:D

Biggest reason I carry a gun is in case I need to shoot someone elses dog while I'm walking my dog.
Unfortunate but true. Around here, the deer are out of control. At least once a year someone is attacked by a deer. I've a had a few close calls myself, even though I know what they're capable of, as I've turned a corner onto a new block and found myself smack dab in the defensible space of a group of hooved rats, er, deer.

Unfortunate but true. Around here, the deer are out of control. At least once a year someone is attacked by a deer. I've a had a few close calls myself, even though I know what they're capable of, as I've turned a corner onto a new block and found myself smack dab in the defensible space of a group of hooved rats, er, deer.

i can come down there and help yall out with your deer problem :D

Give me a call, I'm always home, Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap.... Oouuwww....... caveman love deer meat......:eek::eek::eek::D

We've got two large dogs (over 120lbs ea.). We made a point of socializing both of them when they were pups; socializing to people and socializing to other dogs. We've never had a problem with them being aggressive in any way to other dogs or people. Usually any problem occurs due to their excitement to meet other dogs (which are usually smaller) and the other dogs will sometimes snap at them out of fear. Most every time they back off immediately like they're shocked someone doesn't like them.

We take both dogs with us to the hardware stores, our bank, Cabela's and many other places where dogs are allowed, so they are very used to being out in public. At those times we always have them leashed because we know other people may not be dog people; an obvious fact that many dog owners don't seem to get.

At home they have a free run of the place. Since we live out in the woods, they are neither tied up or kenneled. We also work from home, and are nearly always there in our roles as Alpha Dogs. When people visit, we don't leash the dogs at all because anyone coming up is on our property and must adhere to our non-leash policy.

Basically, we love all dogs and hate the thought of anyone having to kill an aggressive one. Nevertheless, the guy acted properly in shooting that dog, and I would, regretfully, do the same if it were me.

Here they are with the Missus in New Mexico (we took them over 3700 miles and through 7 states in our car on that trip - they loved it and were perfect gentlemen the whole time):

Arches_140902_3668.jpg

i can come down there and help yall out with your deer problem :D

Give me a call, I'm always home, Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap.... Oouuwww....... caveman love deer meat......:eek::eek::eek::D

I wish it were that easy! It's such a controversial topic around here, you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how so many of your typical Ashlanders (the stereotype) think they live in a Disney movie tableau, with bambi and thumper, instead of an informed understanding of what happens to 'citified' deer and other wild animals. Of course it's where all the local bucks go during centerfire rifle season. I've observed this for years.

I have two pugs and they have no chance against any animal that may attack.

My dogs absolutely adore little dogs. It's the weirdest thing, my Bernese will get down on his belly and get nose to nose with the little feller and sniff and whine. He's fascinated by small dogs.

One of the most surreal things I've ever seen was some old war-dog buddy of mine (he was like 60 and I was like 20), while we were car camped in the middle of nowhere in the treed wilds of Montana, a big dog came out of nowhere and started chasing his beloved cat in circles around his ankles. It did this for a good four seconds which seemed like an hour. Much animal noises emanated and as I saw my drunk as a skunk friend unlimber his Colt 1911, I saw a horrified couple see him do that also. We didn't know that they had set up camp some ways away a bit prior. Again, we were about 60 miles from the nearest anything.. to include a telephone pole.
On the second lap post said unlimbering, he sent a 200gr Hensely & Gibbs SWC directly down and through its neck, killing it instantly.
Comical and shocking at the same time. no one laughed though

One of the most surreal things I've ever seen was some old war-dog buddy of mine (he was like 60 and I was like 20), while we were car camped in the middle of nowhere in the treed wilds of Montana, a big dog came out of nowhere and started chasing his beloved cat in circles around his ankles. It did this for a good four seconds which seemed like an hour. Much animal noises emanated and as I saw my drunk as a skunk friend unlimber his Colt 1911, I saw a horrified couple see him do that also. We didn't know that they had set up camp some ways away a bit prior. Again, we were about 60 miles from the nearest anything.. to include a telephone pole.
On the second lap post said unlimbering, he sent a 200gr Hensely & Gibbs SWC directly down and through its neck, killing it instantly.
Comical and shocking at the same time. no one laughed though
That is how it's done in Montana. I had some hippie 'friends' who didn't believe in training or disciplining their dog. When I came to know them, the dog had already lost it's rear left leg due to running in traffic. When we lived outside of Rock Creek, they let the dog run around the 'neighborhood' at will. It eventually got to chasing wildlife and livestock. It was shot. Montana is like my second home, and I spent many summers working at my Uncle's ranch outside Clyde Park. I knew what happened to dogs that did such things as this dog did, and I warned them many times. Of course after this dog was shot, they were so horrified and offended. These vegan animal loving children couldn't grasp why their dog was shot. Yet I hold them entirely responsible for the behavior and suffering of that dog.

That is how it's done in Montana. I had some hippie 'friends' who didn't believe in training or disciplining their dog. When I came to know them, the dog had already lost it's rear left leg due to running in traffic. When we lived outside of Rock Creek, they let the dog run around the 'neighborhood' at will. It eventually got to chasing wildlife and livestock. It was shot. Montana is like my second home, and I spent many summers working at my Uncle's ranch outside Clyde Park. I knew what happened to dogs that did such things as this dog did, and I warned them many times. Of course after this dog was shot, they were so horrified and offended. These vegan animal loving children couldn't grasp why their dog was shot. Yet I hold them entirely responsible for the behavior and suffering of that dog.
Yep, I've seen a lot of dogs shot in Montana. Never in a million years did we see that coming though. In this particular owners defense, that cat never ventured more than six feet from him and again.. we were way out in the woods.
The funny thing though.. that cat died on that trip.. talk about more comical horror.
Well, I'll tell ya. So we saddled up in the old Galaxy 500 and upon my turning the ignition key, all hell broke loose under the hood. I guess leashed (he had taken to strictly keeping it on leash after this event) cats and motors do mix.. bloodily. lol

Yep, I've seen a lot of dogs shot in Montana. Never in a million years did we see that coming though. In this particular owners defense, that cat never ventured more than six feet from him and again.. we were way out in the woods.
The funny thing though.. that cat died on that trip.. talk about more comical horror.
Well, I'll tell ya. So we saddled up in the old Galaxy 500 and upon my turning the ignition key, all hell broke loose under the hood. I guess leashed (he had taken to strictly keeping it on leash after this event) cats and motors do mix.. bloodily. lol
Yikes, that is like a bad joke. I'm sure he was hearbroken, but it is truly comical horror. Like the scene in (one of the) Vacation movies where they leave fido tied to the bumper, forget about him and drive off, only to be pulled over by a tearful traffic cop.

View attachment 313643 View attachment 313644

I don't know, that one in the top photo looks pretty badazzed! :D

That's well said, BEEMER! To paraphrase you, carry to protect all of you! When a dog fight erupts around you, YOU are also in danger! Stupid people need to be smarter than their dogs! I was in the middle of a fight between my 11mo old Rottweiler, who was leashed, and a large, insane (trust me on this one), Pit Bull. I ended up sitting on the ground holding the dogs apart, screaming at the pasty faced, coward that owned the Pit to get his fng dog!
I have more business owning a nuclear weapon than people like that have owning a Pit Bull.....or anything bigger than a tea cup Chihuahua!

As an aside, ya know how folks say a Pit Bull will never let go?
Well, when my Rottweiler reached around and tore his face off he let go pretty danged pronto!

There is even more to this tale, but typing is starting to hurt, so I'm out for now!

I don't know, that one in the top photo looks pretty badazzed! :D

That's well said, BEEMER! To paraphrase you, carry to protect all of you! When a dog fight erupts around you, YOU are also in danger! Stupid people need to be smarter than their dogs! I was in the middle of a fight between my 11mo old Rottweiler, who was leashed, and a large, insane (trust me on this one), Pit Bull. I ended up sitting on the ground holding the dogs apart, screaming at the pasty faced, coward that owned the Pit to get his fng dog!
I have more business owning a nuclear weapon than people like that have owning a Pit Bull.....or anything bigger than a tea cup Chihuahua!

As an aside, ya know how folks say a Pit Bull will never let go?
Well, when my Rottweiler reached around and tore his face off he let go pretty danged pronto!

There is even more to this tale, but typing is starting to hurt, so I'm out for now!
LOL the one on the top (Pearl) is a badazz - she is very protective and will fight anything... badazz does not = smart! :) We rescued her 9 years ago from a very abusive situation. She has trust issues until she knows you. The fawn one (George) we have had since a puppy and he would sell us all out for a treat.

We've got two large dogs (over 120lbs ea.). We made a point of socializing both of them when they were pups; socializing to people and socializing to other dogs. We've never had a problem with them being aggressive in any way to other dogs or people. Usually any problem occurs due to their excitement to meet other dogs (which are usually smaller) and the other dogs will sometimes snap at them out of fear. Most every time they back off immediately like they're shocked someone doesn't like them.

We take both dogs with us to the hardware stores, our bank, Cabela's and many other places where dogs are allowed, so they are very used to being out in public. At those times we always have them leashed because we know other people may not be dog people; an obvious fact that many dog owners don't seem to get.

At home they have a free run of the place. Since we live out in the woods, they are neither tied up or kenneled. We also work from home, and are nearly always there in our roles as Alpha Dogs. When people visit, we don't leash the dogs at all because anyone coming up is on our property and must adhere to our non-leash policy.

Basically, we love all dogs and hate the thought of anyone having to kill an aggressive one. Nevertheless, the guy acted properly in shooting that dog, and I would, regretfully, do the same if it were me.

Here they are with the Missus in New Mexico (we took them over 3700 miles and through 7 states in our car on that trip - they loved it and were perfect gentlemen the whole time):

View attachment 313651

Those are nice looking dogs, sigma! :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top