JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good on this guy for protecting himself and his dog.
And on the PPD for not pressing any BS charges.

Of course the portlanders would think this guy should be in jail.

I'm guessing he won't be allowed back.

<broken link removed>

I like how the headline says "Pit bull shot, killed in Multnomah Village after dog fight"
and then the article goes on to say that it (well, not it.. look further) was shot during the fight..
"He managed to calm one animal down, but when the other did not pull back, he shot him."

So a dog is a "him" and they were actually engaged because "the other did not pull back".

nice "reporting", dillweed
please quit your dayjob

"Police say two dogs, both unleashed, and a third dog, that was leashed, had been fighting. According to investigators, the owners of the third dog tried to get them under control. He managed to calm one animal down, but when the other did not pull back, he shot him."

Not sure why people insist on taking their dogs out unleashed in public. This whole thing probably could have been avoided if all three dogs were leashed rather than just one.

I've had to break up more than one tussle between my leashed dog & someone's "don't worry he's fine" unleashed dog when the owner couldn't call the dog off.

UN-BE-FRIGGIN-LIEVE-ABLE! HIS leashed dog was attacked by 2 UNLEASHED pit-bulls, he shoots and kills one of them with a CHP permitted gun, the pit-bull's owner is cited, not him, and HE is the BAD GUY! :eek: Oh what a world we live in. o_O

As far as I'm concerned, an off-leash and un-fenced dog is a potential Deadly Force Attack.

Try being attacked by a pack of poodles that've slipped the leash sometime, while their Yuppie b*tch owner whines about "don't hurt my babies!" Lady--using the term loosely and strictly chromosomally--YOUR dogs advanced on ME. YOUR dogs attacked ME. YOU don't get a say in how *I* defend myself unless YOU pull them back.

Too bad the dogs didn't go after the hipster boy. A couple a pits chewin on his leg might change his point of view.

Unleashed dogs are way too common.

I used to enjoy disc golf for the excersise for me and my dog but people all over the park were loopholing the rules by letting their dogs run around with a very short leash trailing behind them as they ran around.

Yea, most were well trained but my dog is 24 lbs and no match for a dog twice his weight much less a dog like a pit bull (nothing against them and know many good ones so I'm not a pit hater other then I think they are fairly ugly looking IMO).

My Czech Shepherd was a total dick to other dogs but gentle as a lamb to little kids. He was got a way from me one day and was all over the neighbor's lab, and I will admit I was about one second away from putting a round thru his thick skull...good dog or not.

My dog is an A-hole I have to admit. Sweet abd gentle as can be around my family and young children, but other dogs or people, Cujo comes out. She used to be good going to the dog park but any male dogs that tried to pull authority she would light them up. So we don't go to the park anymore.

One day I went out to get the mail and she slipped out the door after a dog across the street with his owner and the guy kicked her in the face, I grabbed her quickly and he start apologizing profusely. I just laughed and told him to kick her harder next time. It's our fault.

One day my brother n law and family were over with his two dogs at my parents house. We had our dog locked in a bedroom and his dogs were out. One of the kids accidentally let my dog out and hell came with her.
I grabbed her by the neck and tried to grab the other dog and he chomped down on my arm something fierce.
It hurt like hell but I played it off.
Had a nice big puncture wound with a little meat hanging out.
Bandaid on and laughed it off through hidden tears, lol

DLM* spokesman Musthava Weed said, "this is an inconceivable tragedy! It will not go unpunished! We will burn our neighborhood to the ground!"
"NO DOGGY JUSTICE NO PEACE!!!"
"Hey! Anybody know where the Nike store is?"

* Dog Lives Matter

My dog is precious to me beyond all words. For the 8+ years she's been my service dog, I've had more than a few dogs lunge to attack her in downtown Ashland, where there have been many issues with the transient population. It's a real threat when these irresponsible kids can't/won't even take care of themselves, not to mention their dogs. The PD don't do chit about it either, I'm sorry to say. I carry mace/pepper spray, but I tell you, if the spray doesn't work (which it usually does) I'm putting the dog down, period. Being a medically and lawfully qualified service animal, she is protected by federal law (the ADA), and interfering or harming a service dog is actually a felony. I hope I never have to shoot a dog, (or a person for that matter) as usually a 'bad dog' is that way because of the owner, and shooting the dog does not address the real issue.

UN-BE-FRIGGIN-LIEVE-ABLE! HIS leashed dog was attacked by 2 UNLEASHED pit-bulls, he shoots and kills one of them with a CHP permitted gun, the pit-bull's owner is cited, not him, and HE is the BAD GUY! :eek: Oh what a world we live in. o_O

Yup, the libs support animals over unborn babies.... One of these days those wonderful wolves that have been reintroduced to the NW will take someone's baby and the entire pack will be destroyed but the bad person will be the mom who had her back turned hanging laundry on the line while junior was swinging on his GRACO swinger on the porch...
Props to the CHL and props for marksmanship. I love dogs but they come with a responsibility and that means LEASHED in public where it is mandated.

Brutus Out

My apartment building that I sold last year was located nearby to where this took place.
There is a park nearby and for years I would have to deal with dog owners trespassing on the property and dumping their dog waste in my dumpster after they had strolled down to that coffee shop.
A couple of my renters complained about unleased dogs growling at them as they walked to their cars in the parking lot.
It didn't matter how many signs I posted, or verbal warnings I gave those people, they couldn't care less about staying off my property.
I caught one women throwing a bag of dog waste in the glass recycle bin because I had locked the dumpster.
After handing her back the little baggie of poop, I asked her where she lived, so I could stop by and use her garbage can as my personal dumping ground.
She threatened to call the cops because I started to follow her home. After that incident, she started to throw the waste in the bushes by the street.

My dog is an A-hole I have to admit. Sweet abd gentle as can be around my family and young children, but other dogs or people, Cujo comes out. She used to be good going to the dog park but any male dogs that tried to pull authority she would light them up. So we don't go to the park anymore.

One day I went out to get the mail and she slipped out the door after a dog across the street with his owner and the guy kicked her in the face, I grabbed her quickly and he start apologizing profusely. I just laughed and told him to kick her harder next time. It's our fault.

One day my brother n law and family were over with his two dogs at my parents house. We had our dog locked in a bedroom and his dogs were out. One of the kids accidentally let my dog out and hell came with her.
I grabbed her by the neck and tried to grab the other dog and he chomped down on my arm something fierce.
It hurt like hell but I played it off.
Had a nice big puncture wound with a little meat hanging out.
Bandaid on and laughed it off through hidden tears, lol
Someones family needs to learn how to socialize their dogs and kick the dogs butt when needed
If you start off when you first get the dog and drop it when it gets feisty,*every time* ,then these things won't happen.
If you just pull them apart and do nothing to the dog,you have told it it was OK to fight or attack another dog.
This is simple bubblegum, IF you have the patience to do it
As far as shooting the pit,if there were people around I thing it was irresponceable . If you are in those type places with folks that can't or won't control their dogs carry a cattle prod. Much less fear of shooting a human and less chance of legal repercussions .
AND if you have control over your dog, leashes aren't as necessary. Plus a dog on leash is usually bumpier because he can't get away. The one on leash will always get nervous first.

Our peaceful little cocker was almost killed by a neighbor's unleashed big dog that came in to our yard...clamped down on her neck. the infection shut her immune system and she lost much of her fur, took her years to recover. Had I been packing I'd have done the same thing... all we got was a lame "sorry".

Brutus

And just again proves the wisdom of Frost: "Good fences make good neighbors."

I like mine twenty feet tall, electrified to the tune of ten thousand volts... but neither the budget, the property-owner rels nor the Ambulance Chasers will let me upgrade the perimeter fence to Jurassic Park-grade.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top