JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And yet people still manage to AD them and IIRC an officer shot someone with one unintentionally when he was startled
Because they pre-cocked them. You can treat a P7 as a DA pistol, and that's what police should have been trained to do when holding suspects at gunpoint.
Im not aware of any safetyless DAs in semi autos?
Well, that's strange. For a long time, most DA/SA autos were available as safetyless DAOs, as well as dedicated designs. I could name 30 of them from memory.

images.jpeg-200.jpg

So do you want mandated trading?

You want a list of guns you are required to purchase as a first time buyer?

Do you want the GS that sold the gun to be liable?

What are we getting at here? What solution do you suggest?

Not trying to be an argumentative a$$….. but this argument is stupid.
Its all cool.
No, Im not suggesting any of those. I think people should take individual responsibility for thier choices... like buying a "safety-less" pistol if they dont have any experience or training. Its on them. That in itself is, another subject.
but that doesnt mean that people storing saftyless guns loaded (around kids) doesnt happen. Note, I didnt say it was an excusable thing to do.

And therein lies a problem.

THATS IT!

We need a secure drop leg holster that's only unlockable via biometrics or a OTP access code sent via app. Whoops almost forgot the 4-6ft lanyard attached to the gun so it does not get lost/stolen.

in conjunction with aforementioned features:
lets see, DAK trigger, Hi Power mag disconnect attached and a hillary hole for good measure oh and the earlier mentioned NY 10lbs trigger pull. Heck I forgot the grip safeties (front/rear)

Now we truly have a safe system!

Well, that's strange. For a long time, most DA/SA autos were available as safetyless DAOs, as well as dedicated designs. I could name 30 of them from memory.
in that context sure. DAO is a different system though even from a DA.

Note: IMO carrying hammer down doesnt need a thumb saftey.

Its all cool.
No, Im not suggesting any of those. I think people should take individual responsibility for thier choices... like buying a "safety-less" pistol if they dont have any experience or training. Its on them. That in itself is, another subject.
but that doesnt mean that people storing saftyless guns loaded (around kids) doesnt happen. Note, I didnt say it was an excusable thing to do.

And therein lies a problem.
I think we agree but we are looking at it through a different perspective. We can go round and round all day and come to the same point.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people point out a "problem" or "issue" but don't offer any kind of solution.

There is no solution for human error, stupidity, incompetence or being naive. Except for my favorite natural selection.

So do you want mandated trading?

You want a list of guns you are required to purchase as a first time buyer?

Do you want the GS that sold the gun to be liable?

What are we getting at here? What solution do you suggest?

Not trying to be an argumentative a$$….. but this argument is stupid.
American gun owners hate that people keep adding more gun control.

Americans buy guns based on criteria that aren't necessarily how safe the gun is to handle.

Gun owners don't like to do anything that feels like regulation, so we don't even pressure new people into getting training or buying appropriate gear.

This situation leads to the inevitable "accidents", which gun owners quickly distance themselves from as "incompetence", even though we did nothing to discourage inexperienced people from buying weapons beyond their competence level.

Non-shooters see the accidents, get upset about it and press for legally mandated training, since the gun people won't do it themselves.

Then gun there's more gun control.

Gun owners hate people adding more gun control.

Repeat.

There is no solution for human error, stupidity, incompetence or being naive. Except for my favorite natural selection.
The problem is with parents who are stupid enough to store a loaded gun with access to kids is the darwin award affects the kid not the parent...

Im not aware of any safetyless DAs in semi autos?

wait.. you mean if you pull the trigger first, then depress the [front] grip safety it would fire? That sounds like a really bad idea...

ugly AF is why.... (I swear im gonna need that flame suit tonight... :p )
thumb safeties are still kinda popular. Double stack 1911s are increasing in availability and price point... and some striker fired pistols come with thumb safeties for a while now. The frame mounted thumb safety has its place even today. I sometimes wonder if it will make a bigger comeback as the next trend....
My sig sp2022 and my ruger lcp max have no safeties. The sp2022 is da/sa but the max is just da.

Edit: i stand corrected max is dao so I guess different that DA?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top