JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On an episode of Adam 12 from around 1973 they called that being "badge heavy"

At least since 1973 I guess
2yuljn_grande.jpg

It's because the WaPo article identifies race of the victim in the first line, but obfuscates the race of the officer, presumably to imply that a white cop shot an unarmed black kid. That's not news reporting. That's propaganda.
why did they have to make it clear in the article that the officer was "black". people have to stop segregating themselves by the color of their skin.
its bad enough he was a cop. :p.
The author sure wanted us to know that the kid was Black, even though it apparently had absolutely nothing to do with the story.

Glocks are essentially Condition Zero carry. No one was okay with that until Glock did some heavy marketing based on the safety systems it shares with nearly all modern pistols.

When the expected accidents happened, the users who had been safe and effective with DA pistols were blamed for a "lack of training". But really, it was a new kind of training - one that went from holsters with open trigger guards on even police guns to an absolute ban on touching the trigger.

The intrinsic problem with "training" is that you can train to keep your finger off the trigger forever. Except you spend the rest of the time touching the trigger. That doesn't create a simple muscle memory situation, but a more complex behavior pattern where you only allow yourself to touch the trigger at pre-specified times and situations. But it doesn't necessarily prepare you for novel situations that your brain doesn't clearly delineate those situations into time to shoot/time to stay off.

Safety wise, I don't know if anyone would actually be poorly served by carrying a TDA auto cocked. If you're already obeying the same rules necessary to handle a Glock, you have the additional safety of a hammer to restrain while holstering, a decocker post-action and second strike.

Glocks are fine, but I wish that type of pistol wasn't recommended to new shooters. Seems like every time a toddler finds and fires a gun its something like Glock.

I wish the "training issue" was learning how to fire double action. But it isn't up to me.

I carry double action. Here's my argument 👇🏻

Is that your article? Well written.

I started carrying double action because I like not having to sweep the safety off. I remember having to practice a bit to get the first DA trigger pull down well, but I guess all that previous practice with heavy triggers and revolvers helped. Or maybe I just have low standards. :) I do carry a Glock sometimes but mostly it's DA/SA. Love the single action of the CZ "D" models and the Beretta 92's.

Glocks are essentially Condition Zero carry. No one was okay with that until Glock did some heavy marketing based on the safety systems it shares with nearly all modern pistols.

When the expected accidents happened, the users who had been safe and effective with DA pistols were blamed for a "lack of training". But really, it was a new kind of training - one that went from holsters with open trigger guards on even police guns to an absolute ban on touching the trigger.

The intrinsic problem with "training" is that you can train to keep your finger off the trigger forever. Except you spend the rest of the time touching the trigger. That doesn't create a simple muscle memory situation, but a more complex behavior pattern where you only allow yourself to touch the trigger at pre-specified times and situations. But it doesn't necessarily prepare you for novel situations that your brain doesn't clearly delineate those situations into time to shoot/time to stay off.

Safety wise, I don't know if anyone would actually be poorly served by carrying a TDA auto cocked. If you're already obeying the same rules necessary to handle a Glock, you have the additional safety of a hammer to restrain while holstering, a decocker post-action and second strike.

Glocks are fine, but I wish that type of pistol wasn't recommended to new shooters. Seems like every time a toddler finds and fires a gun its something like Glock.

I wish the "training issue" was learning how to fire double action. But it isn't up to me.
"Toddler finds and fires gun it's something like a Glock"

Again, not a tool issue. That's a garbage/bag of sh!t parent issue.

I agree, my wish is that Glocks originally came with an external safety (I might have to put on my flame suit for saying that) but they insisted on marketing no external safety guns and now is the norm.
That said, their is a very small trend in other striker fired brands including models with external safties but they arent many or that popular.

I agree, my wish is that Glocks originally came with an external safety (I might have to put on my flame suit for saying that) but they insisted on marketing no external safety guns and now is the norm.
That said, their is a very small trend in other striker fired brands including models with external safties but they arent many or that popular.
Probably because they are like "UGH! Fine, you want a safety, we'll give you a safety but we aren't going be happy about it so we are going make it the wrong size and put it in *almost* the right spot but somehow the WORST spot, but it's a safety like you asked for"

"Toddler finds and fires gun it's something like a Glock"

Again, not a tool issue. That's a garbage/bag of sh!t parent issue.
If you know nothing about a subject, are told that the thing you want to buy is a good choice and very safe, and you haven't been compelled to seek training - are you a bad parent or just unaware of the danger?

Sometimes it is clearly the first, sometimes it is just inexperience and a lack of foresight. We are gun people, so non-gun people being dumb with guns seems so obvious. But it isn't to them.

If you know nothing about a subject, are told that the thing you want to buy is a good choice and very safe, and you haven't been compelled to seek training - are you a bad parent or just unaware of the danger?

Sometimes it is clearly the first, sometimes it is just inexperience and a lack of foresight. We are gun people, so non-gun people being dumb with guns seems so obvious. But it isn't to them.
You're a bad parent.

Gun dealers are trying to make money. Just like everyone else. You can't blame them for a naive/stupid purchase. We can't hold everyone's hand through each and every scenario. If your gunna purchase a gun it is on the buyer to do their research, train, educate themselves.

Period.

Last Edited:
Probably because they are like "UGH! Fine, you want a safety, we'll give you a safety but we aren't going be happy about it so we are going make it the wrong size and put it in *almost* the right spot but somehow the WORST spot, but it's a safety like you asked for"
Trigger safeties are pointless. They do not even fully prevent the trigger from being pulled if snagged.

(now wheres that flame suit I had....)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads