JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
good point. My impression is it has to travel quite a bit, but in reality its probably not that much travel that inertia couldn't overcome.
but still.... I would love a "Glock" with an external safety. Im biased... I still carry a 1911. Im only just now dabbling into the safetyless architecture. I think all the arguments against an external thumb (frame mounted) safety are meritless....

Drop'n it!

tina-twerking.gif

Im aware Glock has a model with a thumb safety but they are as rare as unicorns. Im also aware of the aftermarket mod but I dont like to mod guns myself, personally. I could be persuaded if said mod was much more popular...

good point. My impression is it has to travel quite a bit, but in reality its probably not that much travel that inertia couldn't overcome.
but still.... I would love a "Glock" with an external safety. Im biased... I still carry a 1911. Im only just now dabbling into the safetyless architecture. I think all the arguments against an external thumb (frame mounted) safety are meritless....
Traditionally, you have a safety with a SAO and may or may not have a safety with a DA trigger.

The best system ever was the HK P7. It is essentially a DA trigger separated into two halves - one controlled by the lower 3 fingers and the other with the index. Both are required to fire, but could be pulled in any order. The lever that holds the striker in cocked position required very little to hold, and decocked the gun upon release.

Systems like that died out in favor of neither safeties nor trigger pull resistance.

The thing I don't get is if I were an officer and I "accidentally" shot an eleven year old kid I resign in shame and possible perfom seppuku...

I'm dumbfounded that these cops usually remain on the force or if they do get let go just moved to another town/state and get a LEO job in a different precinct. No sense of pride or shame.

I think I agree with RX here.

Before you can begin training, one must own a gun first.

Lots of newbies buy guns based on popularity for good reasons but safety isnt technically a reliability issue.
Again - not a tool issue.

Incompetence is not an excuse.

How do you train to not touch the trigger you touch all the time?

I know what you are going to say, but please understand that it isn't as easy as it sounds.
I guess we are just going to disagree.

No surprise there.

Traditionally, you have a safety with a SAO and may or may not have a safety with a DA trigger.
Im not aware of any safetyless DAs in semi autos?
The best system ever was the HK P7. It is essentially a DA trigger separated into two halves - one controlled by the lower 3 fingers and the other with the index. Both are required to fire, but could be pulled in any order. The lever that holds the striker in cocked position required very little to hold, and decocked the gun upon release
wait.. you mean if you pull the trigger first, then depress the [front] grip safety it would fire? That sounds like a really bad idea...
Systems like that died out in favor of neither safeties nor trigger pull resistance.
ugly AF is why.... (I swear im gonna need that flame suit tonight... :p )
thumb safeties are still kinda popular. Double stack 1911s are increasing in availability and price point... and some striker fired pistols come with thumb safeties for a while now. The frame mounted thumb safety has its place even today. I sometimes wonder if it will make a bigger comeback as the next trend....

If I drop my 1911, the firing pin will drop on the primer, and the primer will drop some flames on the powder drop.

agree, but incompetence is also notwithstanding training...
these two things are not the same.
So do you want mandated trading?

You want a list of guns you are required to purchase as a first time buyer?

Do you want the GS that sold the gun to be liable?

What are we getting at here? What solution do you suggest?

Not trying to be an argumentative a$$….. but this argument is stupid.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top