JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trigger safeties are pointless. They do not even fully prevent the trigger from being pulled if snagged.

(now wheres that flame suit I had....)
Haha. Flame on!

Manual safeties are just as pointless IMO. I'll never carry a gun with an external/mechanical safety. But that's just me.

I shall also don my flame suit.

Trigger safeties are pointless. They do not even fully prevent the trigger from being pulled if snagged.

(now wheres that flame suit I had....)
Trigger safeties are just drop safeties. Most autos with pivoting triggers pull the trigger bar forward, balancing the inertia of the trigger. Glocks push their trigger bars and strikers all in the same direction, so something was necessary to prevent a muzzle up drop from ramming the trigger, trigger bar and striker to the rear where it will release.

1911 has a similar problem, but has a grip safety that does something similar.

The Sig P320 was drop firing because it had out of balance pivoting internals.

Haha. Flame on!

Manual safeties are just as pointless IMO. I'll never carry a gun with an external/mechanical safety. But that's just me.

I shall also don my flame suit.
Im "triggered".... :p

1685070244072.png

Trigger safeties are just drop safeties. Most autos with pivoting triggers pull the trigger bar forward, balancing the inertia of the trigger. Glocks push their trigger bars and strikers all in the same direction, so something was necessary to prevent a muzzle up drop from ramming the trigger, trigger bar and striker to the rear where it will release.

1911 has a similar problem, but has a grip safety that does something similar.

The Sig P320 was drop firing because it had out of balance pivoting internals.
except Glocks also have a firing pin block which prevents discharge from any drop position.

lets see, DAK trigger, Hi Power mag disconnect attached and a hillary hole for good measure oh and the earlier mentioned NY 10lbs trigger pull. Heck I forgot the grip safeties (front/rear)

Think of the children!

Not when the trigger bar has moved. That's what deactivates the firing pin block.
good point. My impression is it has to travel quite a bit, but in reality its probably not that much travel that inertia couldn't overcome.
but still.... I would love a "Glock" with an external safety. Im biased... I still carry a 1911. Im only just now dabbling into the safetyless architecture. I think all the arguments against an external thumb (frame mounted) safety are meritless....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top