JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I realize they make many models of knives but antis are generally an easily offended bunch, and would be less likely to patronize a company who uses Infidel as a name for one of their products. It's a pretty sure bet that vast majority of BM's customers are gun owners or 2A supporters.
Even if anti's buy knives this stupid move is not going to make snowflakes flock to buy BM knives. As word of this gets out it will certainly keep a lot of gun owners from buying from them. I can not for the life of me figure how anyone there thought this was anything close to a good idea.

I realize they make many models of knives but antis are generally an easily offended bunch, and would be less likely to patronize a company who uses Infidel as a name for one of their products. It's a pretty sure bet that vast majority of BM's customers are gun owners or 2A supporters.

Anti-Gunners are the ones wearing clothing with phrases/people that should actually BE offensive, so I don't really see that as a point.
We can (obviously) disagree, but saying anti gunners would get offended about a name of a knife and not buy anything else is a little silly.

This made me VERY sad. Have a few BM knives. One of them is over a couple decades old. I will never buy another thing they make. As others said they could have just said no. How blind whoever made the choice to do this has to be.

Same bought my first in 2007. Quality stuff but until the company changes I can no longer support

Even if anti's buy knives this stupid move is not going to make snowflakes flock to buy BM knives. As word of this gets out it will certainly keep a lot of gun owners from buying from them. I can not for the life of me figure how anyone there thought this was anything close to a good idea.

Military Arms channel already posted it on instagram. But we need to spread the message. Its important that people are informed

As an LEO my question is....why didn't OCPD just send these items to the state police?

Oh, I'm removing my benchmade stuff from my gear and will be looking for a new edc knife.

Anybody want a newish all black Nimravus, all black tanto/serrated Griptillian, or silver/black drop point Griptillian? $150 for all of it?

Military Arms channel already posted it on instagram. But we need to spread the message. Its important that people are informed
YEP! I will be seeing that it posts to any site I go to. I do not expect this to put them out of the market but there is no way in hell this is going to do anything good for them. Too many other quality knife makers. It's not like they are the only game there is and can give their customers the middle finger and laugh.

Last Edited:
As an LEO my question is....why didn't OCPD just send these items to the state police?

Oh, I'm removing my benchmade stuff from my gear and will be looking for a new edc knife.

Anybody want a newish all black Nimravus, all black tanto/serrated Griptillian, or silver/black drop point Griptillian? $150 for all of it?
Exactly, BM has lots of splaining to do.

You should just drop it off at their doorstep. Im about to do the same with my broken 940

Politcal contributions from Benchmade for the election cycle for 2018, Look back at the previous years. The vast majority of political contributions have gone to anti 2A dems.

Senate Ron Wyden (D-OR) $12,900
House Kurt Schrader (D-OR) $11,900
Senate Mark Udall (D-CO) $5,200
Senate Martin Heinrich (D-NM) $2,700
Senate Scott Brown (R-MA) $1,000
House Robert Cornilles (R-OR) $1,000
House Greg Walden (R-OR) $1,000
House Scott Bruun (R-OR) $500
Senate Jeff Merkley (D-OR) $500

Benchmade Knife Co: Recipients | OpenSecrets

I'm disgusted by what Benchmade did, but in all fairness unlike individuals corporations contribute money to politicians to gain access to the politicians in order to get help from the politician if needed. All corporations do it. It's for access to help the corporation, not for politics. The corporation doesn't really care if the politician is a D or R, all that matters is can they help the corporation. It's the way the game is played. Since all but one of the Senators and Representatives from blue Oregon are Democrats that means Benchmade is going to be contributing to Democrats. If they were based in Utah or South Carolina or Wyoming they would be contributing to Republican politicians.

If you look at their contributions by year:
Schrader, Kurt (D-OR) House $5,200
Heinrich, Martin (D-NM) Senate $2,700

Schrader is the congressman for Oregon City so of course they are going to give him money. Heinrich is on the Armed Services Committee so they probably contributed to him to help gain access to possibly get a military contract.

Wyden, Ron (D-OR) Senate $9,500

Again, Schrader is their congressman and Wyden is one of their senators. So of course they are going to give money to both of them to get access. If Wyden and Schrader were Republicans Benchmade would still give them money.

Udall, Mark (D-CO) Senate $5,200
Schrader, Kurt (D-OR) House $1,000
Merkley, Jeff (D-OR) Senate $500

Again, Schrader is their congressman and Merkley is the other Oregon senator. Like Heinrich, Udall was on the Armed Services Committee.

Cornilles, Robert (R-OR) House $500

The only contribution Benchmade made was to a Republican who was running in a special election in the 1st District. It was the best chance to get a Republican elected to the House from Oregon in any district other than the solidly Republican 2nd District.

And so on and so on. I don't think you can deduce from Benchmade's campaign contributions that they are closet gun control supporters. They give money to politicians to buy access and influence, just like all smart corporations do. Their congressman and both Oregon senators are Democrats, so they give most of their contributions to Democrats. That's not Benchmade's fault. It's the fault of the voters who elect those Democrats.

Last Edited:
I'm disgusted by what Benchmade did, but in all fairness unlike individuals corporations contribute money to politicians to gain access to the politicians in order to get help from the politician if needed. All corporations do it. It's for access to help the corporation, not for politics. The corporation doesn't really care if the politician is a D or R, all that matters is can they help the corporation. It's the way the game is played. Since all but one of the Senators and Representatives from blue Oregon are Democrats that means Benchmade is going to be contributing to Democrats. If they were based in Utah or South Carolina or Wyoming they would be contributing to Republican politicians.

If you look at their contributions by year:
Heinrich, Martin (D-NM) Senate $2,700

Schrader is the congressman for Oregon City so of course they are going to give him money. Heinrich is on the Armed Services Committee so they probably contributed to him to help gain access to possibly get a military contract.

Wyden, Ron (D-OR) Senate $9,500

Again, Schrader is their congressman and Wyden is one of their senators. So of course they are going to give money to both of them to get access. If Wyden and Schrader were Republicans Benchmade would still give them money.

Udall, Mark (D-CO) Senate $5,200
Schrader, Kurt (D-OR) House $1,000
Merkley, Jeff (D-OR) Senate $500

Again, Schrader is their congressman and Merkley is the other Oregon senator. Like Heinrich, Udall was on the Armed Services Committee.

Cornilles, Robert (R-OR) House $500

The only contribution Benchmade made was to a Republican who was running in a special election in the 1st District. It was the best chance to get a Republican elected to the House from Oregon in any district other than the solidly Republican 2nd District.

And so on and so on. I don't think you can deduce from Benchmade's campaign contributions that they are closet gun control supporters. They give money to politicians to buy access and influence, just like all smart corporations do. Their congressman and both Oregon senators are Democrats, so they give most of their contributions to Democrats. That's not Benchmade's fault. It's the fault of the voters who elect those Democrats.
Good try, but doesn't make me feel any better about BM.

Good try, but doesn't make me feel any better about BM.

I wasn't trying to make you fell better about Benchmade. I don't care how you feel about Benchmade. Benchmade messed up and they are going to suffer for it, just like Springfield Armory and Smith & Wesson and Ruger did in the past.

But the people who think Benchmade is anti-gun rights based on their campaign contributions apparently don't understand how money in politics works.

The main problem is that government has too much power to harm businesses through taxes and regulations. That's why companies feel the need to buy access to politicians to get help or to lobby against government actions that might harm their business. If almost all of the politicians in the state where the company is located are Democrats that company has to give money to those Democrats, even if the company would prefer they were Republicans.

I wasn't trying to make you fell better about Benchmade. I don't care how you feel about Benchmade. Benchmade messed up and they are going to suffer for it, just like Springfield Armory and Smith & Wesson and Ruger did in the past.

But the people who think Benchmade is anti-gun rights based on their campaign contributions apparently don't understand how money in politics works.

The main problem is that government has too much power to harm businesses through taxes and regulations. That's why companies feel the need to buy access to politicians to get help or to lobby against government actions that might harm their business. If almost all of the politicians in the state where the company is located are Democrats that company has to give money to those Democrats, even if the company would prefer they were Republicans.
We can agree on this, they messed up.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads