JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somehow I can't picture a bunch of antis lining up to buy Infidel knives. There will always be those who support companies no matter what they do. Scabs fill that roll when they cross picket lines.
Wading through their Facebook page I found mostly negative comments, however, there were some that supported BM's move also one guy who went down and bounght 3 BM's to support their anti 2 a efforts.

Wading through their Facebook page I found mostly negative comments, however, there were some that supported BM's move also one guy who went down and bounght 3 BM's to support their anti 2 a efforts.
Great. Lets see months from now how sales look. A lot of gun owners have VERY long memories about stuff like this. I don't expect them losing me to make them shut the doors. I also will never believe this little dog and pony show is going to be anything other than a big hit to their bottom line.

I'm one of those weird types who always looks below the surface to try to mine out what is really being said/done/meant.......

The question being, why did the PD just not call a local metal shop with a chop saw and do the deed after-hours and be done with it?.......
I take what apparently is an even more uncommon view of this. Why are they wasting tax money destroying inanimate objects? Do they destroy the car of a drunk driver? Or even confiscate it for that matter? Do they burn down the house of a cocaine dealer? Or chop up and throw in the ocean his gold "bling"?
Why not? Is it that guns are particularly evil? Once they've been touched by crime ... or even worse tasted blood...are they possessed by an incorrigible evil spirit that can only be expunged by fire?
Do the police also employ an exorcist to be sure the eeeevil spirit of the baaaad gun isn't simply released to possess other guns? Maybe even their own???
Isn't the primitive belief in evil spirits inhabiting inanimate objects a violation of the ever so sacred separation of church and state?

I see this as just more of the same old blame the gun not the criminal rubbish thats become so pervasive in our dying society.

I take what apparently is an even more uncommon view of this. Why are they wasting tax money destroying inanimate objects? Do they destroy the car of a drunk driver? Or even confiscate it for that matter? Do they burn down the house of a cocaine dealer? Or chop up and throw in the ocean his gold "bling"?
Why not? Is it that guns are particularly evil? Once they've been touched by crime ... or even worse tasted blood...are they possessed by an incorrigible evil spirit that can only be expunged by fire?
Do the police also employ an exorcist to be sure the eeeevil spirit of the baaaad gun isn't simply released to possess other guns? Maybe even their own???
Isn't the primitive belief in evil spirits inhabiting inanimate objects a violation of the ever so sacred separation of church and state?

I see this as just more of the same old blame the gun not the criminal rubbish thats become so pervasive in our dying society.

That's my take on Oregon City's actions as well. Note that in their statement they did not say ALL the firearms were requested by former owners or judicial order to be destroyed. IMO if you turn over a firearm to the police for destruction there should be a fee for such. Why should my taxes pay for their free services? Cars kill more people in Oregon than firearms. Could I drop off a car to the OC police requesting destruction and have it done for free?

After years of declaring themselves non-partisan, and saying they did not donate to any party. Benchmade knives has been outed for what they truly are. Donating secretly to the democratic party, and now aiding Oregon City police dept. in destroying guns. And these guns were NOT involved in crimes. They were guns seized during other arrests, and the rightful owners could not be identified. So the anti gun chief of police for Oregon City took them too Benchmade, and they assisted in destroying the guns.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/tot...693&cycle=2018

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...196139/?page=1

I'm disgusted by what Benchmade did, but in all fairness unlike individuals corporations contribute money to politicians to gain access to the politicians in order to get help from the politician if needed. All corporations do it. It's for access to help the corporation, not for politics. The corporation doesn't really care if the politician is a D or R, all that matters is can they help the corporation. It's the way the game is played. Since all but one of the Senators and Representatives from blue Oregon are Democrats that means Benchmade is going to be contributing to Democrats. If they were based in Utah or South Carolina or Wyoming they would be contributing to Republican politicians.

If you look at their contributions by year:
Schrader, Kurt (D-OR) House $5,200
Heinrich, Martin (D-NM) Senate $2,700

Schrader is the congressman for Oregon City so of course they are going to give him money. Heinrich is on the Armed Services Committee so they probably contributed to him to help gain access to possibly get a military contract.

Wyden, Ron (D-OR) Senate $9,500
Schrader, Kurt (D-OR) House $5,200

Again, Schrader is their congressman and Wyden is one of their senators. So of course they are going to give money to both of them to get access. If Wyden and Schrader were Republicans Benchmade would still give them money.

Udall, Mark (D-CO) Senate $5,200
Schrader, Kurt (D-OR) House $1,000
Merkley, Jeff (D-OR) Senate $500

Again, Schrader is their congressman and Merkley is the other Oregon senator. Like Heinrich, Udall was on the Armed Services Committee.

Cornilles, Robert (R-OR) House $500

The only contribution Benchmade made was to a Republican who was running in a special election in the 1st District. It was the best chance to get a Republican elected to the House from Oregon in any district other than the solidly Republican 2nd District.

And so on and so on. I don't think you can deduce from Benchmade's campaign contributions that they are closet gun control supporters. They give money to politicians to buy access and influence, just like all smart corporations do. Their congressman and both Oregon senators are Democrats, so they give most of their contributions to Democrats. That's not Benchmade's fault. It's the fault of the voters who elect those Democrats.

If the only way corporations can get access to politicians is to give them money, that says a lot about our system. It's nothing more than bribery. Here, take this money and then I expect some help from you. Makes me wonder if politicians care about us little people who can't afford to give them thousands of dollars.

If the only way corporations can get access to politicians is to give them money, that says a lot about our system. It's nothing more than bribery. Here, take this money and then I expect some help from you. Makes me wonder if politicians care about us little people who can't afford to give them thousands of dollars.

This is the absolute truth of it. Companies who do not make contributions do not get the favors given the companies who do make contributions. Our system has become as corrupt as any if not more so. It's just done in secret so the masses won't get riled up.

It looks to me like now is the perfect time to buy a new Benchmade.................maybe even pick one up for free. I get it that Benchmade kinda screwed up but you gotta remember that Oregon City isn't exactly NY. The guns were "gone" for all intents anyhow and Benchmade could or should have said no but it's a small community so they probably figured WTF lets help the Police. I can't see how this makes them "anti" anything. They are just trying to survive and prosper in their community. I think they have always treated Law Enforcement, Fire & Military very well. I'm not jumping on the wagon on this one. If all it takes is one mistake to be hated this much by conservative gun owners we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

It looks to me like now is the perfect time to buy a new Benchmade.................maybe even pick one up for free. I get it that Benchmade kinda screwed up but you gotta remember that Oregon City isn't exactly NY. The guns were "gone" for all intents anyhow and Benchmade could or should have said no but it's a small community so they probably figured WTF lets help the Police. I can't see how this makes them "anti" anything. They are just trying to survive and prosper in their community. I think they have always treated Law Enforcement, Fire & Military very well. I'm not jumping on the wagon on this one. If all it takes is one mistake to be hated this much by conservative gun owners we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

Its not conservative gun owners chastising them, its gun owners in general.

Let's take this opportunity to steer BM down a more righteous path. They put themselves (with help from OC P.D.) in this position and we might as well get something positive out of the mess.

I have already started pressuring Benchmade to contribute to the Defend The 2nd Rally on their social media outlets. I will continue this effort via emails and maybe even a visit out front of their business until they decide to either follow up their words with action or don't. Hopefully they decide their money will be better spent supporting the 2A cause rather then anti-gun politicians/candidates.

I am asking for your help in convincing them that the 2A cause is the better path for them to take.

Please tweet Benchmade here Benchmade Knife Co. on Twitter and ask them for two actions:
1. That they stop their contributions to anti-gun candidates and politicians.

2. That they support Radian and Noveske with the Defend The 2nd Rally or in some other public display of 2A support and continue to do so as long as our rights are in jeopardy (eternity).

Please message them via facebook with the similar request as above: Benchmade Knife Company

3. Lastly call or send them emails with similar request as above: Contact Us

They are going to be looking for ways out of this mess and this is one olive branch they can extend to us, to begin their redemption. I don't want to see their employees put out of work except for the JAs that made the decisions to donate to anti-gun candidates. They should reach out to Radian and ask for help and offer support to them and us.

Edit: Here is my email I sent via Benchmade's website:
Dear Mr deAsis,

I just learned of your company's donations to anti-gun candidates/politicians in Oregon. This is a punch in the gut for 2A supporters at a time when our gun rights are under severe attack. It is sad but fortunate (for us) that it took the misguided event of your company destroying firearms for the Oregon City P.D. to learn this revelation.

This is a free country with free markets and your company is free to donate to whomever you like. But understand that the vast majority of your customer base is feeling like they are being attacked by one of their own. I can't describe with words the betrayal that so many of your loyal customers are feeling right now. It is clearly on display in the comment sections of your social media platforms but I don't think those platforms do our feelings real justice.

I ask that you try to understand your customers grief over your actions regarding donations to anti-gun candidates/politicians. Please have discussions with your employees about the direction they would like to see you take in the future with regards to political donations.Should you decide to continue the down the path of donating to anti-gun candidates/politicians then share that with your customers.

I also ask that you take immediate action and extend an olive branch to your betrayed customer base by reaching out to Radian and Noveske and offer support for their Defend The 2nd Rally effort. They are leading what will hopefully be an all hands on deck effort to fight the daunting waves of anti-gun legislation we are facing this year.

I understand your company is going through a leadership transition but that doesn't excuse any inaction on this urgent matter.

Sincerely.
Eric Jones

I received a canned reply to my letter, hope is dimming that BM is going to respond favorably:

Thank you for your concern – We appreciate you reaching out. Our official statement is posted on our social media platforms at this time. We can assure you that we fully support second amendment rights as well as law enforcement.
We appreciate your patience as we work to address our consumer's questions and concerns.
Respectfully
- Benchmade

Last Edited:
No ones saying we don't like their products, just their politics
Unless their profit of said products pay for their politics...
Politcal contributions from Benchmade for the election cycle for 2018, Look back at the previous years. The vast majority of political contributions have gone to anti 2A dems.

Senate Ron Wyden (D-OR) $12,900
House Kurt Schrader (D-OR) $11,900
Senate Mark Udall (D-CO) $5,200
Senate Martin Heinrich (D-NM) $2,700
Senate Scott Brown (R-MA) $1,000
House Robert Cornilles (R-OR) $1,000
House Greg Walden (R-OR) $1,000
House Scott Bruun (R-OR) $500
Senate Jeff Merkley (D-OR) $500

Benchmade Knife Co: Recipients | OpenSecrets

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class