JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saw this posted on Twitter by Nutnfancy. Having been a fan of Benchmade knives, I find it deeply distressing that not only did they participate in the destruction of guns for the Oregon City Police Department, but that they have been contributing the last few years to anti-gun politicians. Looks like Benchmade is off the list of future purchases for me.

Since 2014 their only contributions have been to Democrats.

Benchmade #1.jpg

Benchmade #2.jpg

This attitude that BM did nothing wrong astounds me. They've donated exclusively to gun grabbers for 5 years now, Admitted to destroying firearms multiple times in the past on the Lars Larson show today and admitted that they donate to the dems to secure better company interests with politicians. They're willing to trade your RIGHTS for more profit and people are actually defending this. This is why people are pissed when BM says they're for gun rights yet their actions prove that statement is blatantly false.

This attitude that BM did nothing wrong astounds me. They've donated exclusively to gun grabbers for 5 years now, Admitted to destroying firearms multiple times in the past on the Lars Larson show today and admitted that they donate to the dems to secure better company interests with politicians. They're willing to trade your RIGHTS for more profit and people are actually defending this. This is why people are pissed when BM says they're for gun rights yet their actions prove that statement is blatantly false.
Some fanboys won't ever get it. You can imagine if sombody is a fan of the BM brand and a fan of the anti-gun politicians on their donation recipients list, why they might not understand why others are upset.

Exceptionally well put sir! Spot on!

I never could get into "tactical" knives, but I suppose they fill a certain role for certain users, and outside of that market, they are just a cool thing. I'm with you, Buck, Gerber, and when I want to go high speed, low drag, I favor Kershaw or CRKT.

I own one Kershaw knife... LOVE IT!

I also have a bunch of Walmart Remington hunting knives, and a huge amount of unbranded "countertop" knives. I'm such a knife slut!

But my favorite knife of all is the one I carried on missions as USCG SAR Aircrewman and still have. It's a survival knife with sawtooth on the top edge for gutting thru the aircraft skin and a leather wrapped handle. Our ASM (Aviation Survivalman) sewed a strap on the leather sheath so that we could put it in the bottom pocket of our flight suit and wrap the strap around the calf... don't know who made those knives.

I also have a bunch of Walmart Remington hunting knives, and a huge amount of unbranded "countertop" knives. I'm such a knife slut!

But my favorite knife of all is the one I carried on missions as USCG SAR Aircrewman and still have. It's a survival knife with sawtooth on the top edge for gutting thru the aircraft skin and a leather wrapped handle. Our ASM (Aviation Survivalman) sewed a strap on the leather sheath so that we could put it in the bottom pocket of our flight suit and wrap the strap around the calf... don't know who made those knives.

I have the same knife . mine was made by Ontario . It is a nam era pilots survival knife
The markings are hard to see I think they are on the finger gaurd. most my knifes are very old . 50 years on the new end, the old timer and buck are hard to beat..

I think those survival knives are still made by Ontario.

I've given thought to collecting them. Most variants aren't terribly rare, and I had one I picked up somewhere that I regret getting rid of.

I'm having a hard time reading here anymore. Other than off topic, reloading, classifieds, a couple others because of the "Echo Chamber" posts where all that's done is a bunch of ranting, with no benefit to us, other than maybe making a person feel better to rant. And I understand that, I REALLY do!

How about we ping @Joe Link and see if he would put up a forum, perhaps at the top of several pages, where members could post letters that they have sent to Reps. And then responses from said Reps? That way other members would see what responses are being received and be able to craft their own letters to Reps? And that forum should have Bright Red Letters so people will be attracted to have a look.

Thousands of words being typed here at NWFA are nothing more than hot air. Don't get me wrong, I like a bunch of the hot air around here. It's a good part of why I come here daily. But we really need a bunch of that hot air under the butts of the gun grabbers more and more every day. I feels like were losing the battle, and we're more interested in calling out one company than writing and calling the people that are destroying our rights.

Sigh
What specific
I'm having a hard time reading here anymore. Other than off topic, reloading, classifieds, a couple others because of the "Echo Chamber" posts where all that's done is a bunch of ranting, with no benefit to us, other than maybe making a person feel better to rant. And I understand that, I REALLY do!

How about we ping @Joe Link and see if he would put up a forum, perhaps at the top of several pages, where members could post letters that they have sent to Reps. And then responses from said Reps? That way other members would see what responses are being received and be able to craft their own letters to Reps? And that forum should have Bright Red Letters so people will be attracted to have a look.

Thousands of words being typed here at NWFA are nothing more than hot air. Don't get me wrong, I like a bunch of the hot air around here. It's a good part of why I come here daily. But we really need a bunch of that hot air under the butts of the gun grabbers more and more every day. I feels like were losing the battle, and we're more interested in calling out one company than writing and calling the people that are destroying our rights.

Sigh
I'll make you an offer. If you write one letter a day to a legislator for the next week and PM me the name of the legislator and the topic of the letter, I will also send an email to the same legislator regarding the same topic. This way at least one legislator will be getting two letters each day regarding the same topic. Maybe some others would join in. We can consider it an activist experiment. Let me know if you're game for this @Mikej

I will continue my social media work, letter writing, etc in addition to this project.

Who's going to the Capitol on the 26th?

What specific

I'll make you an offer. If you write one letter a day to a legislator for the next week and PM me the name of the legislator and the topic of the letter, I will also send an email to the same legislator regarding the same topic. This way at least one legislator will be getting two letters each day regarding the same topic. Maybe some others would join in. We can consider it an activist experiment. Let me know if you're game for this @Mikej

I will continue my social media work, letter writing, etc in addition to this project.

Who's going to the Capitol on the 26th?
Anti-gun organizers use a similar tactic known as a phone zap, where they will coordinate with volunteers and bombard a single office with phone calls and faxes all day on a single day or day and time to express an opinion on an issue or matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Radical leftist organizers use a similar tactic known as a phone zap, where they will coordinate with volunteers and bombard a single office with phone calls and faxes all day on a single day or day and time to express an opinion on an issue or matter.
The antis have been dominating with message delivery (thanks in big part to friendly media). Our side not so much. I am willing to try all the tactics they are using and then some but our side seems stuck in the "write your representatives world". Judging from all the bs canned replies I have been getting those letters are not doing a whole lot of good. Media is never going to embrace our side but we need to take advantage of it as best as we can.

You can act all self righteous, but I guarantee that you do business with and support companies that do far more damage to your rights every day. Probably starting with the device your posting from and the ISP it uses. You can't avoid it.

I think BM is probably more on your side than not. I also think someone in the company made some poor decisions. I think that more than likely, most people that work at BM are staunchly pro gun and if the company ceased to exist, it would be a net loss for our community.

Dont even own one, maybe never will, but all the internet teeth gnashing and outrage just seems like a form of virtue signalling.

I think that stories like the OP , can be easily "read way too much into" at times.

Please note that I am aware that many companies and corporations are anti gun ....even those that make outdoor , hunting and even at times shooting products.

I would have liked to have seen the firearms in question :
Returned to their rightful owners , if they were stolen...
The others sold with the proceeds given to say :
The police department...
Victims restitution fund...
Domestic Violence victims charity....
Andy

Well, it's my money - my choice.

Throwing my hands in the air and proclaiming: We can't win so why try?

That's not for me.

I'm not discouraged by apathy.

My money - my choice and I'll exercise it as I see fit.

BM - I wouldn't throw away a BM knife if I owned one (I don't) but I sure as heck won't 'buy one now' that I've been informed about their anti 2A/Anti Freedom support.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top