JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this wasn't about making a public statement and truly just helping out the community, they would have destroyed the guns and not allowed photos to be posted on social media and the internet.

Benchmade is in the business of making knives not firearms destruction and recycling. When I think about the need for metal destruction I think of a metal recycler who would have had all the proper tools to perform the same job. I have no issue with the act but with the process it was carried out.

8.7k comments on there Facebook post, I would say it is a bit of hot topic for them.

Screenshot_20190221-170144_Facebook.jpg

It looks to me like now is the perfect time to buy a new Benchmade.................maybe even pick one up for free. I get it that Benchmade kinda screwed up but you gotta remember that Oregon City isn't exactly NY. The guns were "gone" for all intents anyhow and Benchmade could or should have said no but it's a small community so they probably figured WTF lets help the Police. I can't see how this makes them "anti" anything. They are just trying to survive and prosper in their community. I think they have always treated Law Enforcement, Fire & Military very well. I'm not jumping on the wagon on this one. If all it takes is one mistake to be hated this much by conservative gun owners we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

Did you miss the fact that Benchmade has declared they are non partisan while secretly donating large sums of money to the Democratic Party? I'd say there stance is more than just about destroying guns for Oregon City PD.

I'm gonna stop by next month because I need some work done on my BM Triage and Casbah. Bet your last dollar I'm gonna have some questions!

I would really love to go inside open carrying but I don't want to intimidate, so I will control myself. I honestly can't say I will buy another one of their products. I have an Infidel (full size tactical model) that I hustled BM out of... I only paid $250 hahahaha. But seriously, I have a few of their knives and they are great quality but I don't see me buying another BM knife.

I guess my third OTF will be another MicroTech! as long as MT isn't a F-stick like BM, hello MT :)

Did you miss the fact that Benchmade has declared they are non partisan while secretly donating large sums of money to the Democratic Party? I'd say there stance is more than just about destroying guns for Oregon City PD.

LOL....I thought I was "done" but I cant resist........where are these "secret donations"?

I hate to burst your bubble but that is public knowledge.......hardly secret and in the business world hardly "large sums" BM isn't trying to hide anything. You could have looked this up years ago if it concerned you.

You didn't watch the Youtube video, did you?

And that info that you say is "public knowledge" wasn't available, or didn't show up until just a couple days ago when someone dug up info on Benchmade after the OCPD post. Yes, maybe it could have been found before, but we all thought Benchmade was one of the good guys, so why dig?
You can dismiss it because it's "public knowledge"> But please watch the youtube video first. Especially towards the end when it's revealed to which antigun Democrats got the lion's share of those donations.
I find it amazing you'd attempt to protect Benchmade. Do you work there, or own stock in the company?

BM had every right to refuse to participate.

I'm considering a drive to their HQ tomorrow (been there many times) to calmly and professionally hand them over my $400 Infidel and tell them why I can no longer carry it in good conscience.
The press release mentions some of the destroyed guns were turn ins. I suggest you tell them the same and ask that they destroy your Infidel to the same level they destroyed the guns.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top