JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, the real question is, who can pull it all together? I like that OFF fights for us in Oregon, but it's just about a one man operation with Kevin at the helm. When was the last time anyone even got an alert/email from OFF? I have to go back at least a month to find anything from them. Meanwhile, the legislators in Salem are working behind the scenes to prepare their next assault on us for the short 2016 session.

Heck, I think even SAF in Washington does substantially more. They bring lawsuits. They have, I believe much more lobbying power than OFF.

I honestly don't expect the NRA to do our fighting for us here. They are fighting in Washington, which is where we need them. Here at home, I agree, we are disorganized with no one big, powerful group to rally behind. Pro-gun folks admit to skipping the vote because they don't think their vote will matter, or they vote for the very anti-gun politicians that are doing this to us because they are afraid of the scary 'republicans' that will take away food stamps from a starving baby living on the streets.

We do need a rallying point, and I don't think that OFF fits the bill. I have nothing against them, but they just don't seem to really have much to offer in the way of swinging votes. I know that Kevin is known among legislators, but they don't seem to be afraid of him or OFF. SAF, however, seems to be a thorn in the side of the state of WA on a pretty regular basis.

And how about GOA or the NSSF? Are they fighting for us here in Oregon?

We are faced with not just an uphill battle, but a vast mountain range, built up by anti-gun politicians with heavy financial backing and bolstered by voters that give them what they want - the power to take rights away.

I agree with your sentiment, but without a single point to rally around with this state, we'll continue to be a ragtag group of angry gun owners that are somewhat impotent at this time to do much about it.

I wish there was a better answer. I, for one, don't know what it is.

What needs to form is a non-militia , non-lobby entity, one that is not about guns persay but is about rights. It seems if we are to turn the tables its needs to be about rights not guns. Why of course the go hand in hand, this wont persuade any scardy cats who fear guns or are just ignorant to rights. Myself I am not retired I have ideas myself like Etrain but seems would need to be something Oregon focused only. A group with nothing with a name that is remotely gun related. Maybe I am off base but thats where my mind goes.

What needs to form is a non-militia , non-lobby entity, one that is not about guns persay but is about rights. It seems if we are to turn the tables its needs to be about rights not guns. Why of course the go hand in hand, this wont persuade any scardy cats who fear guns or are just ignorant to rights. Myself I am not retired I have ideas myself like Etrain but seems would need to be something Oregon focused only. A group with nothing with a name that is remotely gun related. Maybe I am off base but thats where my mind goes.

I think you may be on the right track - something different, something that will draw in people who don't necessarily care about guns, but do care about rights. People that see the abuse of the emergency clause as a problem. People that see laws passing without a vote of the people as a problem. I like the thinking.

You could start with the cost increase in healthcare that nobody voted for, pocket book issues are emotional to libs.

You could start with the cost increase in healthcare that nobody voted for, pocket book issues are emotional to libs.

I think you're on the right track too Jim. The group should also be prepared to share horror stories of people that lost their insurance, so their grandma died. Then you could also work in people crying about a friend they lost in a robbery because they couldn't afford the oppressive fees to buy a gun under SB941. Play their game. Use emotion. Especially fear. Fear that these same folks will take away some other right that they DO care about.

I think you're on the right track too Jim. The group should also be prepared to share horror stories of people that lost their insurance, so their grandma died. Then you could also work in people crying about a friend they lost in a robbery because they couldn't afford the oppressive fees to buy a gun under SB941. Play their game. Use emotion. Especially fear. Fear that these same folks will take away some other right that they DO care about.

Well it's obvious after years of giving them facts that truth and facts won't motivate them. It's going to take emotion, everything said has to be heartfelt even if it's a lie.

I hate to sound like a sexist/Neanderthal but the most effective visual we could provide is videos of women providing firsthand accounts of how they protected themselves and/or their loved ones with guns against bigger stronger assailants. Then include stories of women who didn't have a firearm to defend themselves and ask the question, "How would the outcomes of these incidents have differed but for a firearm in the hands of the victim?" We're not requiring the gun holder to even have fired a shot to get the point across.

How does any anti counter a true account from the mouths of survivors? They will throw fabricated stats about being killed with you own gun but those are easily set aside with their own argument, "If it could save just one life…"

Ok, but I am not going to cry or wimper LOL I draw the line hehe.

It's okay to cry under certain circumstances, for example:

b9764338de7d19ce54c606e88c24bc97cde8300b241d4f34f5d7a16cf3cc1964.jpg

I hate to sound like a sexist/Neanderthal but the most effective visual we could provide is videos of women providing firsthand accounts of how they protected themselves and/or their loved ones with guns against bigger stronger assailants. Then include stories of women who didn't have a firearm to defend themselves and ask the question, "How would the outcomes of these incidents have differed but for a firearm in the hands of the victim?" We're not requiring the gun holder to even have fired a shot to get the point across.

How does any anti counter a true account from the mouths of survivors? They will throw fabricated stats about being killed with you own gun but those are easily set aside with their own argument, "If it could save just one life…"

Might work but more effective is stories of women who called 911 and nobody came. It happened in Oregon and the woman was beaten and raped after the 911 call. Asked what she should do since no police were comming the 911 person said call us tomorrow.

Stories of no defence will draw emotion much more than stand up and fight back stories. There are going to be lots of these stories as they bring in isis people as refugees, about 800 of them in Oregon now.

Might work but more effective is stories of women who called 911 and nobody came. It happened in Oregon and the the woman was beaten and raped after the 911 call. Asked what she should do since no police were comming the 911 person said call us tomorrow.
Stories of no defence will draw emotion much more than stand up and fight back stories. There are going to be lots of these stories as they bring in isis people as refugees, about 800 of them in Oregon now.

Thats a good thought however for some reason a person being raped and abused never gets full billing. We hear about it and its gone. We need someone who would go public as a champion and say no more. The Bradys and many others master this along with many fails. To succeed a strong very strong women would be needed. I am not sure how we would find one or who would be doing the getting.

There's a Women Shooters section on this site. Maybe we could start there to get our sisters-in-arms to help craft the message, network with their associates, etc.

Thats a good thought however for some reason a person being raped and abused never gets full billing. We hear about it and its gone. We need someone who would go public as a champion and say no more. The Bradys and many others master this along with many fails. To succeed a strong very strong women would be needed. I am not sure how we would find one or who would be doing the getting.

It's like right now someone should be taking a camera to the schools and talking to people about the gooberment forcing gun free zones on them. That is fear and a good raw emotion that helps us. Next shooting you could play it back and show people something they never thought about.

There's a Women Shooters section on this site. Maybe we could start there to get our sisters-in-arms to help craft the message, network with their associates, etc.

Oh I don't know, our women are armed and don't live in fear so those that do will see our women as armed men. I still say the best bet is getting fear out there, it's a motivating emotion. Just show them what happens to unarmed people here.

We allways say the wrong things at mass shootings, we should ask why nobody was there to protect them in an emotional plea. Oh it was gun free so where was the people who are supposed to protect them? But we declared it gun free, so who did you designate to keep it gun free so nobody brings a gun? Who fights the battles for those you leave defenseless?

Deal is in my point of view, we need to get it back to those in charge and why they left people unprotected with their rules. Then go to the schools and get film of the students fear and get it on the net.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top