JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But there are some, NOT all, military and peace officer people who think that THEY should be the ones to own x, y and z and they should not be made available to the general public too.

I've actually run into this during a conversation with a young vet customer at my radio shop. He was about 22-24yrs old. I was astounded that a vet could think that way. What balls!!! What foolishness!!!

Who was it that wholeheartedly voted for Congress to pass the Gun Control Act of 1968, 1986, and AWB 1994??? Remember, most of the Congresspeople were starting their long careers around that time and onwards

I grew up poor, I came of age is the worst parts of town... I listened to death metal and gangster rap... I watched violent movies and played violent games... I dropped out in middle school... (I finished HS eventually though)

The day i turned 18 I started buying guns an have never looked back. Ive carried every day since I turned 21 and got my permit.

Never once have i attacked an innocent person in any way. Never once have I touched a gun in anger, nor have I threatened the use of a gun to threaten or scare anyone...

By the accounts of many, I should be a monster by now, public enemy #1...

Yet Im not, nor are millions of others who have similar stories.

Games dont make you violent anymore than being poor does... or anymore than having a gun does.

I get the need to deflect blame away from gun culture... but placing it on a different product isnt the answer.

WE... as a society have created this problem... The education system, the social conditioning that is forced upon us, especially boys... In total contradiction to nature... Have made younger generations weak willed and weak minded... Undiciplined personally and behaviorally...
The pervasiveness of pop culture, celebrity/star worship... The addictive nature of social media and the instant gratification culture of the internet...

These things are proven to be destructive of young minds... Then we dont allow young men to express their frustrations in traditional ways... The rage is suppressed. Its a pressure cooker needing to vent.
Of course the internet provides fodder for these people and allows a way to focus their rage at others....

Put this together into the mind of a person who is naturally unstable to begin with... And you have a perfect storm...

They lash out at perceived enemies and/or those they blame for their troubles.

Sometimes its suicide. Sometimes parents or family are killed. Sometimes its women or ethnic/religious/political groups... Classmates or former classmates... Sometimes just society in general.

Thats a lot of rambling there... Hopefully you see my point.
Excellent post - totally agree

Me t
I've actually run into this during a conversation with a young vet customer at my radio shop. He was about 22-24yrs old. I was astounded that a vet could think that way. What balls!!! What foolishness!!!
oo ... astounded that any vet or LEO would think that way but they brainwash them

Nobody in the Army or the Air Force ever tried to "brainwash" me that civilians should not own any kind of firearm. In fact almost every military male who I knew (and a few of the female members too) had privately owned ARs at home.

Designated Survivor...........

I tried to watch that show... tried to like it too. After several episodes I've given up, it's just too much political machinations to be fun to watch.

oo ... astounded that any vet or LEO would think that way but they brainwash them

None of the vets I served with, but then I was USCG so not exposed to the younguns coming back from the Middle East. This guy was the second I had run across that didn't actually do any fighting over there, he just guarded roadways, checkpoints, harbor, etc... but came back with that attitude. IDK

LEOs I'm sure vary a little, but the guys on the street have been very supportive of all 2A rights... I shoot with a lot of them. The Police Chiefs are a different story, they are mainly political appointees or hires. Administrators first rather than top cops. You get a lot of political posturing from them.

I would write my congressmen (uh....persons....) but what we have is Wyden and Muckly. Oregon has no voice.

You only have to write New York's third Senator, Ron Wyden. The Dullard is his puppet - in fact look closely when he speaks - you can see Wydens hand pulling levers in the back of his throat.

Nobody in the Army or the Air Force ever tried to "brainwash" me that civilians should not own any kind of firearm. In fact almost every military male who I knew (and a few of the female members too) had privately owned ARs at home.
How long ago were you in? Was it before Obama admin and Ft Hood murders ? Things have changed and many current military and young vets I've met have the same thoughts that civilians shouldn't carry - they cannot hardly own personal weapons or carry on bases now. Many young LEOs seem to feel much the same ~ I call it brainwashing because it's the politically correct mind-think of last 20 years.

I did a training once and one of they guys cited some number... Dont recall but it was close to 75% of new LE recruits have never fired a gun before and/or dont any guns except for their service weapon...

You only have to write New York's third Senator, Ron Wyden. The Dullard is his puppet - in fact look closely when he speaks - you can see Wydens hand pulling levers in the back of his throat.
We saw him disembark at the Redmond Airport about 18 months ago. He looked terrible! He is a vote for the D party but not a whole lot more. He didn't even look human.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top