JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The local Fox affiliate, (Fox news at ten) I think, shows an ad for Philomath Gun Shop all the time. If not them it's another local station here in the Eugene Springfield area I'm sure. So some of them take gunshop ads at least.

Now Fox News cable, Oreilly, Kelly, Hannity etc., is starting to show the newer NRA pro2ndA ads. That's a waste of money IMO preaching to the choir. They should be running those ads on CNN or NBC etc.

Yeah, not all Fudds are totally Quislings--there are some that just have never thought about things the way we see them because they've never had to.
Well said, I have many in my family all have firearms and many had no idea about SB941 even after it passed . Yet they hunt every year and own some awesome firearms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, not all Fudds are totally Quislings--there are some that just have never thought about things the way we see them because they've never had to.

That's pretty accurate. For years, I personally didn't think much about gun laws, I had mostly been in free states and thought everything was OK. That all changed when I got orders to the PRK (Peoples Republik of Kalifornistan), I started looking at the laws (in the PRK and the nation) and from that day forward I've been involved in the 2A movement. I'm just sorry that it took me so long.

That ignorance could or could not have cost me as I may or may not have commited several felonies by maybe or maybe not bringing certian types of firearms into the communist state of NJ.

Ray

Last Edited:
Where I'm hoping the NRA or OFF would spend money in Oregon?

What's needed is a high intensity local ad campaign against specific key Legislators in Oregon.

Letters to the editor, simple and to the point, are also effective (and free). People DO read them. Just remember the target audience, as others above have alluded to, are uneducated voters. More than 1 or 2 layers deep on more than 2 or three points, and you might start loosing people.

Well said, I have many in my family all have firearms and many had no idea about SB941 even after it passed . Yet they hunt every year and own some awesome firearms.

FUDDS? Hunters? You mean all those high-powered, long range sniper weapons? It's only a matter of time before they expand the definition of "assault weapons"

I give each year to OFF, NRA ( im a lifer NRA) and support is great....

I think giving and supporting OFF/NRA/etc helps. But I think maybe we should learn from the other side.

I see multiple 'house parties' from Moms Demand on an almost bi-monthly frequency. They may be small, but that's 10 people getting together to 'chat' about gun-control. Learning and being motivated to 'do something'. Next month maybe 3-4 give up coming, but they get 5-6 new interests. etc etc etc.

Sooner or later they get a roster of 100 people willing to 'do something'. And maybe even encouraged and practice doing things like going to rally's or how to write to their legislature, or writing letters to the editor.

Maybe it's time we started trying to do the same thing? I know its outside the scope of OFF. And it seems like the NRA isn't interested (or not enough interest given?). But maybe it's time to try again to get better organized at the grass-roots level. Especially around the politically purple counties?

I think giving and supporting OFF/NRA/etc helps. But I think maybe we should learn from the other side.

I see multiple 'house parties' from Moms Demand on an almost bi-monthly frequency. They may be small, but that's 10 people getting together to 'chat' about gun-control. Learning and being motivated to 'do something'. Next month maybe 3-4 give up coming, but they get 5-6 new interests. etc etc etc.

Sooner or later they get a roster of 100 people willing to 'do something'. And maybe even encouraged and practice doing things like going to rally's or how to write to their legislature, or writing letters to the editor.

Maybe it's time we started trying to do the same thing? I know its outside the scope of OFF. And it seems like the NRA isn't interested (or not enough interest given?). But maybe it's time to try again to get better organized at the grass-roots level. Especially around the politically purple counties?

You may have something there :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads