JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the guy started this case years ago (6 or 7 I think) and represented himself at first because none of the pro-gun organizations wanted to help him. He has an attorney now and takes donations to help his legal fees.

The brief is worth a read since they go into detailed case law back before even the US existed on firearms. 76 pages though.
http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2018/07/24/12-17808.pdf

quotes from the brief that was interesting:

from the dissenting judge:

"Under Hawaii's law, citizens may obtain a concealed carry permit if they can show reason to fear injury. They thus are not "entirely foreclosed" from obtaining a permit to bear arms in public for self-defense, as asserted in the majority opinion,"

Then the response

"Yet, to analyze section 134-9 as such, the dissent must shut its eyes to the inconvenient fact that no concealed carry license has ever been granted by the County. The dissent claims that we lack a factual basis to acknowledge that reality, but the dissent is clearly wrong. The County's attorney conceded at oral argument that no concealed carry license has ever been granted by the County."

b-slap

I would have thought that the phrase : "The right of the people to keep and bear arms... " made that clear.
Anyways...nice to see some good gun news for a change.
Andy

Some people weren't educated very well and may have difficulty understanding what those words mean apparently.

Keep: (when not referring to a tower fortification of medieval times) to have, to possess

Bear: (when not referring to the omnivore) to wear, to make visible, to be adorned with.

I think they don't care if they get overturned. Look at all the dubious rulings by judges on the travel ban which were overturned. Virtue signaling I think its called.

I think the chief of the 9th was run out with some sort of sex scandal, don't know if a new person has been confirmed.......but could have to do with the Trump for sure. It is another positive story in any event. Might mess with the current laws being proposed in Washington and Oregon.

Last Edited:
@bolus , are you going to start open carrying a S&W 500 ?

wm_7328958.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads