JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sounds like military intelligence right there.
Gotta have tactics. A few months ago, a guy was having a mental health crisis and a social worker needed help. I go out there and figure out the dude was definitely having an event, but wasn't a threat. I can't do anything other than beg that he let me take him to the hospital.

Then, I offered him ice cream and all was well. He got in the car and we went and got a cone. He looked hungry, so I got him a burger too. I took him to the hospital to get the help he needed.

When I opened the door, he laughed at me and said he wasn't getting no mental evaluation and he knew I couldn't make him. I was out $10. He even left the trash on the seat.

It's not the swat team at 3:00 am that strikes fear into me. It's those guys in black, with the blacks ski masks and black Suburbans at 3:00 am slipping a black hood over my head while
I'm asleep and taking me to who knows where…

It's not the swat team at 3:00 am that strikes fear into me. It's those guys in black, with the blacks ski masks and black Suburbans at 3:00 am slipping a black hood over my head while
That's what you get for being an enemy of the state and not wearing a mask.

They're taking you to the car dealership...........

That is just about how I got taken to S.E.R.E School....good school...but not for the faint of heart.
Andy

I can't do anything other than beg that he let me take him to the hospital.

Then, I offered him ice cream and all was well. He got in the car and we went and got a cone. He looked hungry, so I got him a burger too. I took him to the hospital to get the help he needed.

When I opened the door, he laughed at me and said he wasn't getting no mental evaluation and he knew I couldn't make him. I was out $10. He even left the trash on the seat.
Good lord - you had to BEG he let you take him to a hospital?

Then after a ice cream cone and burger he flees?

We have bigger problems than Law Enforcement can deal with obviously.....

Yes exactly this.
Nope, not what I heard on the nightly news. Right address (homicide investigation), with both Knock and No-Knock warrants issued - but the wrong guy. Didn't sound as if there was any order to drop the weapon, etc. before firing - he was armed.

On a more serious note than my previous post....

Speaking only for myself...I don't worry about "no -knock warrants".
Could it happen,...sure...not likely , but yeah it could.
It would be a memorable experience for all in involved I am sure.

I understand their use ...and I have no doubt they also have their place....I also have no doubt that mistakes have been made and that they can be abused as well.
Andy

On a more serious note than my previous post....

Speaking only for myself...I don't worry about "no -knock warrants".
Could it happen,...sure...not likely , but yeah it could.
It would be a memorable experience for all in involved I am sure.

I understand their use ...and I have no doubt they also have their place....I also have no doubt that mistakes have been made and that they can be abused as well.
Andy
Anyone leaving the house (me included) in a body bag is not my idea of a "memorable experience."

Anyone could be swatted for any reason, you and I included. It's really not hard to find someone's address.

Everything is risk/reward in life. No knocks have the pros of surprise and we can obviously see the cons…. Are there better ways of conducting business? Probably. Either way I try to distance myself from thugs and criminals. You hang with dirtbags or reside in their house then you run a risk of getting caught up in their activities. Whether your "law abiding" or not.

With that being said (as a law abiding citizen who has no reason to have a warrant served on his house) if my door was kicked in and no one announced who they were I very well may be lying on the floor in a pool of my own blood in front of the cops. Sadly I'd be naked so the cops would have to live with that image the rest of their lives…. Sorry not sorry.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads