JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds exactly like all the people I have known in life who refused to have a gun at home. 99.99% of them go their entire life and never need one so they are right. They do not need to fear not having one. :s0092:
Not sure I understand your statement. On its face, it seems a false equivalency though both comparisons involve a diminution of fears.
I fear an improper crimp. Sure, one in tens of thousands of loaded rounds - less than 0.01%, and yet it happened. I keep reloading though, doing my best to minimize the stupid and avoid the horns.
--- edit ---
If a person is living a life where a warrant served is a legitimate possibility, the "no knock" type is still much less likely. I say they're still worring about that small thing, ignoring all the other potential threats from within their own crowd, which are much more likely to happen.

5CD2FBF9-544B-46F9-AFD8-709E03990FFD.jpeg

Have spoken my peace.
Me too. I said what I said based on something somebody else said, and was attacked and lied about and the discussion got worse from there...

I leave this one to cooler heads. I'm disheartened by the off-topic portion of that thread and feeling hopelessness myself.

Wish ya'll good luck.

Only questioning if it was closed prematurely?
I don't think so... I know I certainly had enough of it. I hope bringing it back is not a mistake.

I don't have an opinion on no-knock warrants. Already spoke about fear. So I will put this one on "ignore thread" and leave all ya'll in peace and brotherly love.

This is what can happen if you knock.

Every LEO here has been there. That we came away is a matter of providence. Way too much armchair quarterbacking and "Jackbooted thugs" paranoia going on in the last thread. In any event, this is a judicial matter. Police make the request, due to the obvious danger. Judges decide.
Have spoken my peace.
My favorite part of that report is the reporter saying that one of his guns was an "AKA" (unless I'm getting deafer...)

elsie

Something to consider here is the use of the word "My" in the thread title.
My , is individual ...so , a no knock warrant ,may well be the OP's "greatest" fear.
" My " is not the same for everyone.

My greatest fear.....clowns stealing all of my coffee , before I get a chance to drink any in the morning....:D
( not really )
Andy

I agree, and MY fear is the aforementioned male flaccidity, and uncontrollably pooping myself…… or not being able to get up and walk to the kitchen and tell my wife to make me a damned sandwich!

:D

I hope she never logs on and reads that! :s0131:

I agree, and MY fear is the aforementioned male flaccidity, and uncontrollably pooping myself…… or not being able to get up and walk to the kitchen and tell my wife to make me a damned sandwich!

What a lucky lady. I hope for her sake none of those come true.

My dad never liked me collecting guns. He had this fear that I was going to get "raided by the police". I would always ask "For what? I'm meticulously legal with everything I own." Didn't matter, he had that fear.

It had to do with a screw-up of a cop making a bad mistake and trespassing into our house back in the 1980's. To cover up the officer's crime, my dad was arrested and charged with made-up crimes, then offered a tiny misdemeanor plea bargain to make it all go away. He turned down the plea and fought it; he was eventually exonerated, but it made a terrible impact on his life.

Personally I'm not worried about it, but I do keep the doors locked even in the daytime as a result of that incident. Had the outside door been locked that day it would never have happened. Bad things can happen to anyone, and it is worth while to be aware and make reasonable precautions.

I have young kids, and this reminds me a little of every parent's fear: we've all seen news stories of kids being grabbed and taken. Do I need to hover over my kids like a helicopter at all times? Are they safe to walk a few blocks to the park? Well, how often have kids been grabbed in my town in recent years? Approximately zero. It could happen and we should be careful and aware, but it's statistically extremely rare, so there's really no need to live in fear.

As far as my dad's fear of the police coming for my gun collection, it actually happened! A while back there was a state trooper knocking on my door, wanting to look through my safe to see what he could see. I let him in and opened up the safe. We spent a while going through them, picked out a few he wanted to try out, and spent an enjoyable afternoon at the range. Of course, he was there by invitation, and not in any official capacity. :)

Last Edited:

You walk all the way in there to say that? Heck, you can yell that from the couch!

Heck, you can yell that from the couch!
Well they have *Pads* for that.

It's pretty funny.

If you walk into any WalMart there is something called "Assurance" pads, that you lay down on your *most valued* furniture before you SIT on them.

I always have thought "the Marketing People must have laughed themselves Silly" over the name "Assurance".

Since, well, it's "Insurance" for well, you know, your bubblegum.

Lock up the criminals when you catch them, stop letting violent repeat criminals out on the street so fast. In Portland, the DA Mike Schmidt seems to gladly prosecute honest folks who stepped up but let total lowlifes caught cold back out ot if locked up, way too light of sentences. Sad stuff happens when this is ignored. Unelecting a soft on crime DA like Schmidt will help, but Soros is spending money all over the country to make that happen. I believe the reason is so that normal people will be come angry at all the crime and vote to disarm honest gun owners.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top