JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"that doesn't make me feel safer, it makes me feel more threatened"

I see someone carrying a sidearm, or long gun in public, it sure as heck doesn't strike fear in my heart…. I'm thinking there's another 2nd Amendment supporter….

I mean, it does depends a lot on their behavior.
It does, and thats the problem with open carrying is 'even we' have to discern their intentions thru their actions. The average person isnt a gun owner so thats a much bigger situation for them. But thats a different topic so in hopes of keeping this thread on topic...
in the context of this impromptu debate:

Here is a screenshot of one of the anti gun individuals, well after he showed them he was carrying. A full 2 minutes after he showed he was carrying, she is smiling, she was not in fear or "genuinely felt very unsafe in that moment. And I really just wanted the conversation to kind of end after that."
The media is lying to state that...
1706927774016.png
t

Agreed, there's the need for discernment if one were to observe someone carrying, and there's lots of interpretation that needs to take place. But as long as there's no aggressive actions, there's no reason to panic.

But we now have a generation that panics at the mere sight of a gun, needs to get to their quiet space, their coloring books and crayons. There's are not rational, logical, normally functioning units in our society as far as I can see.

Anyone who has fear of an inanimate object has some serious issues that need to be addressed…

But we now have a generation that panics at the mere sight of a gun, needs to get to their quiet space, their coloring books and crayons. There's are not rational, logical, normally functioning units in our society as far as I can see.

Anyone who has fear of an inanimate object has some serious issues that need to be addressed…
This is 100% true, and the only way to overcome this is to make overly emotional people face reality and learn. But we live in a society that more and more is affirming peoples weaknesses as a solution.

I'm not sure the reaction he was expecting from a group of kids from Students Demand Action chaperoned by an anti-firearm zealot at the Statehouse. Of course they are attempting to wheel out the cross and gathering the nails and hammer.

As for my own individual choices, my pistol stays concealed and I reveal it to no one, ever, unless it's go time and it's being drawn for use. I also don't inform anyone at any any time that I am carrying a weapon. Period.

YMMV

This is exactly what the progressives want. A generation of kids so frightened at even the sight of a gun it makes them have to run to find a safe space.

"A video made by one of the students, Makynna Fivecoats, 17, captures Lucas, the students and a parent chaperone, Alison Case, discussing gun laws and school shootings. A few minutes into the discussion, Lucas flashed his gun to the teenagers by lifting his blazer.

"I'm carrying right now," Lucas told the group.

Speaking to TheStatehouseFile.com after the incident, the students said Lucas' action made them feel unsafe and unprotected.

"My heart sank to my stomach," Fivecoats said. "I genuinely felt very unsafe in that moment. And I really just wanted the conversation to kind of end after that."

"It kind of, almost, felt like a threat to me," Fivecoats continued. "I want to say that's not how he meant it, but when you show someone that you have a gun on you, there's no way really other to mean (anything) besides a threat."

A short time later, Lucas became frustrated when another student, Alana Trissel, 17, began saying her worries about gun violence were distracting her from worrying about normal teenager things..."
My wife is interviewing for a very well paying position in Indiana that would greatly advance her career. I'm retired and my income is completely portable. Naturally I've been researching gun legislation in Indiana. Turns out they are one of the best states around. They have constitutional carry, as well as 5 year and lifetime concealed carry licenses free of charge that provide 31 state reciprocity. There are no background checks on private sales. There is no registration or permit to purchase. There are no waiting periods or bans. Gary and one other town tried to ban "assault weapons" but they were smacked down by the state AG who enforced the pre-emption laws. Their state constitution specifies that the people have a right to bear arms for self-defense. Reading some of the sentiments of the government officials in Indiana it quickly becomes apparent that they have a whole different, gun friendly, attitude than the West Coast.

My wife is interviewing for a very well paying position in Indiana that would greatly advance her career. I'm retired and my income is completely portable. Naturally I've been researching gun legislation in Indiana. Turns out they are one of the best states around. They have constitutional carry, as well as 5 year and lifetime concealed carry licenses free of charge that provide 31 state reciprocity. There are no background checks on private sales. There is no registration or permit to purchase. There are no waiting periods or bans. Gary and one other town tried to ban "assault weapons" but they were smacked down by the state AG who enforced the pre-emption laws. Their state constitution specifies that the people have a right to bear arms for self-defense. Reading some of the sentiments of the government officials in Indiana it quickly becomes apparent that they have a whole different, gun friendly, attitude than the West Coast.
It is also codified in black and white in one of their statutes that carrying a firearm without additional probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed is not a valid reason for detaining someone.

There are 3 private schools here now. 2 Christain, 1 Catholic. Small town. Public enrollment is steady but it is mostly all the people's kids who have flocked to the Ozarks from "less than desireable living locations"

Ha! So we were hiking last week with my neighbors. I was packing like I always do, strong side hip OWB. I also had my Alaska Guide Creations bino pack on my chest.

My neighbor, whose a teacher, that I wouldn't have expected to know anything about carry, stopped and asked:
Neighbor "You packing?"
Me "Packing what?"
Neighbor "You know, something for protection, you have the pepper spray on your keys, do you have bear spray or something bigger?"
Me "Would one answer make you more comfortable?"
Neighbor "Do you have something in the pack?"
Me "Those are binoculars, see?"
Neighbor "Ha, oh, I was totally wrong."
Me "I'm packing, just not in my binoculars pack."

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR