JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is exactly what the progressives want. A generation of kids so frightened at even the sight of a gun it makes them have to run to find a safe space.

"A video made by one of the students, Makynna Fivecoats, 17, captures Lucas, the students and a parent chaperone, Alison Case, discussing gun laws and school shootings. A few minutes into the discussion, Lucas flashed his gun to the teenagers by lifting his blazer.

"I'm carrying right now," Lucas told the group.

Speaking to TheStatehouseFile.com after the incident, the students said Lucas' action made them feel unsafe and unprotected.

"My heart sank to my stomach," Fivecoats said. "I genuinely felt very unsafe in that moment. And I really just wanted the conversation to kind of end after that."

"It kind of, almost, felt like a threat to me," Fivecoats continued. "I want to say that's not how he meant it, but when you show someone that you have a gun on you, there's no way really other to mean (anything) besides a threat."

A short time later, Lucas became frustrated when another student, Alana Trissel, 17, began saying her worries about gun violence were distracting her from worrying about normal teenager things..."

This is exactly what the progressives want. A generation of kids so frightened at even the sight of a gun it makes them have to run to find a safe space.

"A video made by one of the students, Makynna Fivecoats, 17, captures Lucas, the students and a parent chaperone, Alison Case, discussing gun laws and school shootings. A few minutes into the discussion, Lucas flashed his gun to the teenagers by lifting his blazer.

"I'm carrying right now," Lucas told the group.

Speaking to TheStatehouseFile.com after the incident, the students said Lucas' action made them feel unsafe and unprotected.

"My heart sank to my stomach," Fivecoats said. "I genuinely felt very unsafe in that moment. And I really just wanted the conversation to kind of end after that."

"It kind of, almost, felt like a threat to me," Fivecoats continued. "I want to say that's not how he meant it, but when you show someone that you have a gun on you, there's no way really other to mean (anything) besides a threat."

A short time later, Lucas became frustrated when another student, Alana Trissel, 17, began saying her worries about gun violence were distracting her from worrying about normal teenager things..."
Notice how many times they say he "flashed" his gun, rather than exposed, revealed, or displayed, his gun.
To me, "flashed" is a more inciteful word, and it was used multiple times.
🤔🤔

As I have previously related here, I once shipped a rifle via FedEx and per their rules I made the mistake of telling the girl it was a rifle and she broke into a panic. Visibly trembling and sweating. Could barely handle the box. Her reaction was shocking to me. This proved to me that the anti-gun propoganda efforts are working when people can no longer distinguish between the lawful use of a firearm and the criminal use of a firearm. Anyone with a firearm is now "dangerous".

and she broke into a panic. Visibly trembling and sweating. Could barely handle the box.

This proved to me that the anti-gun propoganda efforts are working when people can no longer distinguish between the lawful use of a firearm and the criminal use of a firearm.
What REALLY concerns me is the irrational fear of an inanimate object, and applying a 'lifelike' emotion to it.

It is illogical to allow any inanimate, mechanical device to affect one's mentality to the point of expressing fear to that of a physical display.

What REALLY concerns me is the irrational fear of an inanimate object, and applying a 'lifelike' emotion to it.

It is illogical to allow any inanimate, mechanical device to affect one's mentality to the point of expressing fear to that of a physical display.
If someone handed me the Demon Core, or a fused hand grenade, I would probably be pretty upset. There are a small class of inanimate objects that are inherently dangerous simply by existing. It is very rational to treat these objects with extreme trepidation, and to avoid being around them at all costs.

The problem is that people have been conditioned to take this very natural fear response and apply it to situations where there is no danger at all. It has become irrational, and what is worse is people have been taught that they can use this irrational fear to control the behavior of others, as if all of society must conform to their irrationality least they be emotionally damaged by said fear.

Further leaning into my prior statement, I have noticed that public schools have become invested in this kind of conditioning, teaching kids various kinds of irrational fears in order to drive future society in a way favorable to those running the schools. This irrational fear of guns (inert objects that are inherently safe unless being wielded by dangerous individuals) is just one small part of that. You can find dozens, perhaps even hundreds more examples, depending on how granular you want to divide things up. No matter how you slice it that kind of conditioning is child abuse, and it has become systemic to the institution.

As I have previously related here, I once shipped a rifle via FedEx and per their rules I made the mistake of telling the girl it was a rifle and she broke into a panic. Visibly trembling and sweating. Could barely handle the box. Her reaction was shocking to me. This proved to me that the anti-gun propoganda efforts are working when people can no longer distinguish between the lawful use of a firearm and the criminal use of a firearm. Anyone with a firearm is now "dangerous".
That reminds me of something similar, a long time ago. I was at a friend's apartment and her brother was there. He said he'd heard that I had a gun, asked to see it. I carefully unloaded it and showed it to him. He asked to hold it, so I handed it to him, clearly unloaded and safe. (nowadays I would have said no, and no)

I might as well have handed him an angry rattlesnake. He was literally shaking in fear as he held it, and handed it back quickly.

Last Edited:
If someone handed me the Demon Core, or a fused hand grenade, I would probably be pretty upset. There are a small class of inanimate objects that are inherently dangerous simply by existing. It is very rational to treat these objects with extreme trepidation, and to avoid being around them at all costs.

The problem is that people have been conditioned to take this very natural fear response and apply it to situations where there is no danger at all. It has become irrational, and what is worse is people have been taught that they can use this irrational fear to control the behavior of others, as if all of society must conform to their irrationality least they be emotionally damaged by said fear.

Further leaning into my prior statement, I have noticed that public schools have become invested in this kind of conditioning, teaching kids various kinds of irrational fears in order to drive future society in a way favorable to those running the schools. This irrational fear of guns (inert objects that are inherently safe unless being wielded by dangerous individuals) is just one small part of that. You can find dozens, perhaps even hundreds more examples, depending on how granular you want to divide things up. No matter how you slice it that kind of conditioning is child abuse, and it has become systemic to the institution.
Wow! Well spoken!

Something I find interesting is that almost my entire extended family is either anti gun or gun neutral and certainly for more gun control, yet they have no problem with me carrying around them. It's like they think I'm their personal body guard against all the "other" psychotic concealed carriers out there or some such nonsense. I'm sure they'd have very similar reactions to some random dude flashing his gun. Can't explain it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews