JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How Well Does The Firearms Community Treat Various Minorities - Multiple Votes Allowed

• In general pretty equally, though some individuals simply clash

Votes: 66 68.0%
  • Racial minorities are excluded poorly treated

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Women are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • LGBTQ people are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Agnostics, athiests, or people of non Christian religions are excluded or pootly treated

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Members of the political left are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Younger generations such as "Zoomers" are excluded of poorly treated

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Others not listed are excluded or poorly treated. Please elaborate

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
On a similar note, here's another question:

Do you fear or have misgivings about the wider American Culture in general?
Are those with conservative political views excluded or poorly treated?
Are gun owners excluded or poorly treated?
Are those with traditional religious beliefs excluded or poorly treated?
Are those who fail to celebrate LGBTQ excluded or poorly treated?
Are those with conservative views regarding things like sex or pot excluded or poorly treated?

In many places- academia, government, major media, Hollywood, corporate America, even right here at times; yes some or all of these groups are ignored, mocked, and ridiculed.

Whatever. After a while you get thicker skin and just get over it. People have always bickered and fought over ideology, since the beginning of civilization.

My point is NOT to argue about any of these issues. I have no interest in discussing non-gun politics or religion here. I just wonder how many of our left-leaners participate in mocking and ridiculing the other side, in the many institutions that the left OWNS, and then complain that their views aren't respected by many here in this tiny little corner of American culture.

It's human nature to subconsciously assume that your own views should be respected, because they're right, but opposing views don't need to be because they're wrong.

Every one of us is guilty of that to some degree, whether we realize it or not. The more smug and self-righteous one is, the worse that attitude is.

Last Edited:
On a similar note, here's another question:

Do you fear or have misgivings about the wider American Culture in general?
Are those with conservative political views excluded or poorly treated?
Are gun owners excluded or poorly treated?
Are those with traditional religious views excluded or poorly treated?
Are those with traditional religious beliefs excluded or poorly treated?
Are those who fail to celebrate LGBTQ excluded or poorly treated?
Are those with conservative views regarding things like sex or pot excluded or poorly treated?

In many places- academia, government, major media, Hollywood, corporate America, even right here at times; yes some or all of these groups are ignored, mocked, and ridiculed.

Whatever. After a while you get thicker skin and just get over it. People have always bickered and fought over ideology, since the beginning of civilization.

My point is NOT to argue about any of these issues. I have no interest in discussing non-gun politics or religion here. I just wonder how many of our left-leaners participate in mocking and ridiculing the other side, in the many institutions that the left OWNS, and then complain that their views aren't respected by many here in this tiny little corner of American culture.

It's human nature to subconsciously assume that your own views should be respected, because they're right, but opposing views don't need to be because they're wrong.

Every one of us is guilty of that to some degree, whether we realize it or not. The more smug and self-righteous one is, the worse that attitude is.
Well said. Hence..the great divide.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads