JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Bottomline changing your situation takes effort, but it's harder now.
So!... after 20 paragraphs of empathy, "genetic lottery" rhetoric, and a completely absent effort to dispute others' observations that our system is full of programs, entitlements, housing assistance, rehab assistance, education and training subsidies, OJT opportunities, jobs themselves, job search tools, and so on, you agree with me,

...but then you try to remain in denial by tacking on "but its harder now" I agree with you on that, but it's because all of those programs require work, action and getting your sh1t together and are forced to compete with two things:

the tax sucking free-sh1t-for-everybody-all-the-time mental plague that is undeniably growing, and

the equally plague-like consequences of tax-free, self-funded, empathizing enablers (eg parents who allow their kids to live idly in the basementg)

Even if I agreed that it's harder, EFFORT is what matters. You said it yourself.

Because of my privilege to serve society and the nation, the VA owns my mortage...

Come on joe!!!! I need some debt relief before my dear old wife dies and I lose her SSI check!!!!!!

I'm so fortunate... I sold all the real estate we worked hard for and turned it into stock.. just before the O'bummer collapse. I lost my job at age 60 due to health problems and had to scrabble for 2yrs until I could draw SSI. Now we live below the poverty line. If I din't own a house... another privilege that was NOT GIVEN to me... we would be among the homeless.

I feel so fortunate. Everything I worked hard for was taken by ill health and bad luck./sarc Easy come easy go joe. I wish he was my dad... not.

Last Edited:
Having been an adult who followed current events during the time "No-Knock" warrants became a common procedure, and followed the reports of the results of them, I have a somewhat jaundiced view of their effectiveness.

It goes back to the "War on Drugs." These were implemented because law enforcement claimed that normal search warrant procedures allowed the subjects to destroy evidence before letting the searchers enter the premises. LE implied that they would get more drugs off the streets if they could enter by surprise.

The results were mixed. Probably, a measurable improvement in collecting evidence was achieved, but there were unintended consequences. These included a dramatic increase in violence and (because of a lack of effective "checks and balances" in planning and execution) incidental and accidental involvement of persons other than the targets of the warrants.

Because the targets of these "breachings" were likely to be violent, the results were predictable. One famous local incident involved a biker gang that was selling drugs. When the Portland Police broke into the house without announcing that they were law enforcement, one of bikers came out of an upstairs room shot and killed a PPO. In the ensuing legal battle, he was successful in claiming self-defense. This lead to the Oregon Supreme Court ruling that there was a "duty to retreat" that negated self-defense as a defense. Fortunately, the OSC later revisited the issue and reversed the earlier decision., but it suspended civil rights for a couple of decades.

Most, if not nearly all, No Knock Warrants involve drug trafficking. Inside information tells me that in most cases, LE knows enough about the suspects and their movements to gather the evidence needed for prosecution without using a "breaching." These are sometimes felt necessary to get absolute evidence linking the suspects to the drugs. In general, among LE leadership, they are regarded as a short-cut to getting the evidence needed.

The previous legal environment protected LE from responsibility from direct consequences of mistakes or misbehavior, making any problem a monetary penalty passed on directly to the taxpayer/citizen. In recent times, the officer directly involved has sometimes been held accountable, but never anyone higher up, much less anyone who sets policy.

My belief is that these warrants are a direct attack on the 4th amendment, and were instituted by politicians to posture about being Tough on Drugs." They are of limited usefulness, and are destructive to both LE and the public. Because of this, they should be done away with, and the money saved (in damage awards, legal expenses, and manpower expended) invested in increased detective work. If access to the "drug house" is needed, time the application of a regular search warrant to when the house is unoccupied, or occupied by someone unlikely to be able to destroy the evidence.

If No Knock Warrants are kept, then make everyone in the chain of decision-making (including the judge who signs the warrant) directly responsible for anything that goes wrong. Waive the legal defense of acting for the government and institute the Nuremburg rule.

So!... after 20 paragraphs of empathy, "genetic lottery" rhetoric, and a completely absent effort to dispute others' observations that our system is full of programs, entitlements, housing assistance, rehab assistance, education and training subsidies, OJT opportunities, jobs themselves, job search tools, and so on, you agree with me,

...but then you try to remain in denial by tacking on "but its harder now" I agree with you on that, but it's because all of those programs require work, action and getting your sh1t together and are forced to compete with two things:

the tax sucking free-sh1t-for-everybody-all-the-time mental plague that is undeniably growing, and

the equally plague-like consequences of tax-free, self-funded, empathizing enablers (eg parents who allow their kids to live idly in the basementg)

Even if I agreed that it's harder, EFFORT is what matters. You said it yourself.
I can't read what you are responding to because a coward apparently put me on ignore rather than continue to spout talking points at me... but I love what you are saying.

the tax sucking free-sh1t-for-everybody-all-the-time mental plague that is undeniably growing, .......
I read it and was suddenly left thinking?
welcome_to_the_Dem_Party.jpg

RE : Post #207
Lets_play_nice.jpg

So then.....
No Knock Warrants.

Aloha, Mark

Carful with that one, "law abiding gun owner" might be next".
"Law abiding" is phrase that's problematic anyway because it signifies obedience to the law regardless of how tyrannical or unconstitutional the law may be. The law can change overnight and be completely tyrannical and once "law abiding" people would no longer be that way unless they conceded to the new laws.

I don't know why any law abiding gun owner should live in fear of this sort of thing. The statistical probability of being the victim of this kind of event is so low that when it does occur it is sensational news (don't know the details - article is behind pay wall). There are many more probable threats to one's safety and security than being the innocent victim of this type of event.
And what are the odds of getting shot if it does?

"Law abiding" is phrase that's problematic anyway because it signifies obedience to the law regardless of how tyrannical or unconstitutional the law may be. The law can change overnight and be completely tyrannical and once "law abiding" people would no longer be that way unless they conceded to the new laws.
It's often used in the argument for less fun control.

Go ba

I don't think I ever disagreed with you, or disputed that programs existed. I disagreed with the idea that it was only people's choices that got them in bad situations and that if someone was in a bad situation it was only their fault and the idea of I could do it in the 80s so anyone can do it now.

Yous Guys are like a bunch of High School Gurls arguing over who stole whose boyfriend! KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY and lets get back to the topic, Sheesh!
If you don't rebut the narrative, it will continue to infect the unaware.

But back on topic...

My greatest fear is NOT that the popo will murder me in my sleep; statistics are on my side... it is that our country will rot from within at the hands of weak, naive, sheepish, immoral, greedy, power hungry, ideologues, big tech, and other promulgators of the narrative.

I think we are done here.
There are quite a few of you that need to review the forums rules before engaging in threads.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads