JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got ya beat! Bought one in 2020. The ATF says they sent the stamp but it never arrived at the FFL. ATF would not restamp it. Finally have asked the FFL to Form3 it back to Capitol Armory so I could start the process all over again!! (Wonder if they'll pay me interest....?) Coming up on 2 years in July
Sorry, I know I'm a little late to help with you this, but the ATF will issue a certified copy for a lost stamp. They won't actually give you another stamp, but you shouldn't have to start the process over. You paid your tax. You were approved.

I had to do this a few years ago with the fiasco that some may remember about the dealer (Edmonds, WA, I believe) that went out business during an ugly divorce. The ATF actually lost my original request for a duplicate so I had to submit for that twice but I eventually got a copy with the ATF signature for approval and an embossed seal (but no stamp). Once I finally got the copy from the ATF I was able to go to the dealer to retrieve my can. Now, in that case, it probably helped that the dealer and local ATF bubbas were aware of the situation, but process is the same.

Sorry, I know I'm a little late to help with you this, but the ATF will issue a certified copy for a lost stamp. They won't actually give you another stamp, but you shouldn't have to start the process over. You paid your tax. You were approved.

I had to do this a few years ago with the fiasco that some may remember about the dealer (Edmonds, WA, I believe) that went out business during an ugly divorce. The ATF actually lost my original request for a duplicate so I had to submit for that twice but I eventually got a copy with the ATF signature for approval and an embossed seal (but no stamp). Once I finally got the copy from the ATF I was able to go to the dealer to retrieve my can. Now, in that case, it probably helped that the dealer and local ATF bubbas were aware of the situation, but process is the same.
The wrinkle in this is that I moved out of state in the middle of this. The ATF guy was very unhelpful and just said NOPE and offered no suggestions. Never had such a difficult process before. But it's now past.

More Eform4 approvals back.
Qty 2: Eform4 via Silencer Shop
Cans: (2) Dead Air Masks
Submitted/Certified: 1/22/2022
Approved: 4/28/2022
Wait time: 96-days
Submissions Type: Trust

Approval for both eform4's came in at the same time via email to me and the dealer.

Eform4 Approval.png

Form 4 individual paper:

Check cashed 3-26-2021
ATF Approved 5-2-2022
Picked up from dealer 4 TBD

The examiner called me this morning, following up on a VM I left late last week. The short is that the FBI has been delaying on my background checks, which is funny/irritating since I've gone through this process more times than the average bear. The examiner was great, btw, my issues not at all with her. She took the time to explain options to follow up to see if I can get better engagement with the FBI.

Well I got 3 more eform4's back. One more Friday and another two today. Only three cans still left in jail now. Starting to get the itch again to put the credit card through some NFA S&M treatment. All my eform4's are running right around the 90-day mark.

Well I got 3 more eform4's back. One more Friday and another two today. Only three cans still left in jail now. Starting to get the itch again to put the credit card through some NFA S&M treatment. All my eform4's are running right around the 90-day mark.
I'm at 89 days today, any day now for my mask!

Looking like just under 100 days is where they are at now.
Anyway Mash is a great can I really like mine and I have many 22 cans all have their place but the Mask is great for everything.
Did you spray down the internals with something to aid in keeping it clean prior to shooting it?

Did you spray down the internals with something to aid in keeping it clean prior to shooting it?
I coated my first Mask internals with high temp anti-seize and will see if my efforts were worthwhile when I clean it here in the next couple weeks. I probably went longer than I should before cleaning but will know soon enough when I take it apart how much build up there is. There is certainly a noticeable difference in weight between the old can and one of my new Mask's.

You can but dont get to wrapped up in all that. That can can take abuse and not hard to clean with even a pick and some cleaner. I do like to use a anti-seize. You want a tinny bit on the caps and can put a little in the tube so the baffles slide out better. I also put a very light coat of it on the baffles and then you can just wipe them off after shooting just don't shoot to much and let it sit weeks it will get crusty. You can alway just soak the baffles in different cleaners and take a wood pick. They don't need to be spotless. When I stared with 22 cans I was cleaning and worried about it too much.

Form 4 individual paper:

Check cashed 5-18-2021
ATF Approved 5-5-2022

So the examiner that called me last Monday pulled my other outstanding one forward to her and approved it three days later. So as soon as TD gets my stamps this week and next, I'll never have to deal with TD again for submissions (thank god.) BUT - I learned two valuable things from this: some of the examiners are just really darned cool. And it's worth filing for a VAF/UPIN.

My only outstanding stamp now is my eForm 4 submitted last month, so I hope to be posting about it no later than July.

Form 4 individual paper:

Check cashed 5-18-2021
ATF Approved 5-5-2022

So the examiner that called me last Monday pulled my other outstanding one forward to her and approved it three days later. So as soon as TD gets my stamps this week and next, I'll never have to deal with TD again for submissions (thank god.) BUT - I learned two valuable things from this: some of the examiners are just really darned cool. And it's worth filing for a VAF/UPIN.

My only outstanding stamp now is my eForm 4 submitted last month, so I hope to be posting about it no later than July.
You're giving me hope. Mine was cashed 5/12.

You're giving me hope. Mine was cashed 5/12.
Definitely call, ask for the voicemail of your examiner, and just leave a very pleasant voicemail asking if there's anything you or your dealer may need to provide to support the background check. I think they're used to getting anger, so politeness and professionalism wins the day.

Definitely call, ask for the voicemail of your examiner, and just leave a very pleasant voicemail asking if there's anything you or your dealer may need to provide to support the background check. I think they're used to getting anger, so politeness and professionalism wins the day.
I'm calling weekly now. Still hasn't been assigned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top