JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally received my approval today for my Griffin Armament M4SDK and picked it up!

Purchased 03/14/2021
Tax Stamp Cashed 03/29/2021
Approved 02/25/2022
Tax Stamp and Suppressor Received 03/08/2022

By my math that is 344 days between the cashing of the tax stamp and actually acquiring the suppressor!

They're so inconsistent it's maddening. If you ask them, they'll say "8 months." They know it's not 8 months, and they won't be honest about the real wait time.
Why would they? It's probably similar to the OSP with Oregon BGCs, they're likely using $15/hr clerks. Oops, this is government, they're probably making $25/hr.

Same. Two for me. I guess I got used to the 6month approvals. Hoping this new form 4 e file stuff helps.
Got ya beat! Bought one in 2020. The ATF says they sent the stamp but it never arrived at the FFL. ATF would not restamp it. Finally have asked the FFL to Form3 it back to Capitol Armory so I could start the process all over again!! (Wonder if they'll pay me interest....?) Coming up on 2 years in July

EDIT- I have bought several cans over the years. The above one though is an outlier. I moved, I used a different FFL, I moved out of state, got a grumpy ATF agent etc. Frustrating to be sure but I just consider it like a Zero% Christmas Club account (us old guys'll get that). Eventually I'll get back what I paid for it or just reorder it. Plus it's $100 less now!

Last Edited:
Got ya beat! Bought one in 2020. The ATF says they sent the stamp but it never arrived at the FFL. ATF would not restamp it. Finally have asked the FFL to Form3 it back to Capitol Armory so I could start the process all over again!! (Wonder if they'll pay me interest....?) Coming up on 2 years in July
I've heard several people say the atf has mailed out copies of lost stamps before.

Seeing more eform4 talk and posts elsewhere about approvals. This is one from a trusted NFA dealer I have used previously, unfortunately it isn't my eform4:
1647290761292.png

EDIT- I have bought several cans over the years. The above one though is an outlier. I moved, I used a different FFL, I moved out of state, got a grumpy ATF agent etc. Frustrating to be sure but I just consider it like a Zero% Christmas Club account (us old guys'll get that). Eventually I'll get back what I paid for it or just reorder it. Plus it's $100 less now!
Sheeeeesh! Sorry about that. That sucks. Somehow it's much worse when it's out of your control and all you can do is wait for some fed idiot to get it right.

Sheeeeesh! Sorry about that. That sucks. Somehow it's much worse when it's out of your control and all you can do is wait for some fed idiot to get it right.
I kinda gave up on this one. Wasn't anything I did wrong but was dealing with the ATF and then someone else who didn't seem to do anything unless i did the research and made the calls. Have spent 3 months trying to get a reverse Form 3 done to send it back to Capitol Armory. I know I should just cash it out and take the money.......but wtf, I'll probably just use it against another one!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top