JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is a new, proposed, non profit (sic) group calling itself "State of Safety", to lead "conversations" about gun safety in OR. They will apply for non profit status, so will be exempt from disclosing their sources of funding. It is headed by a Henry Wessinger. I wonder if its non-profit application can be contested in some way. Can't link to the article because our local paper requires a subscription to access.

Yea, sounds legit:eek:
Wonder why they feel the need to be vague in describing their intentions? Nothing to worry about, RIGHT! Na, Sorosallenberg wouldn't support any of this, would they?
Sarcasm alert!:mad:

We need to find more info and start exposing them for who and what they ARE!:mad::mad::mad:

Wonder if they have money in BloodyKates campaign?

They're welcome to try to control my guns, but it won't turn out well for them.

Freedom Dispenser.jpg

We need legislation that basically nuallifies any legislation that impedes the United States Constitution or the Constitution of the State of Oregon.

We need a gun owners protection act specifically...

Henry Wessinger is one of the descendent's of Henry Weinhard, of the Blitz Weinhard brewery. He is also one of the sponsors of IP44. apparently has an agenda.

There are a bunch of Second Amendment Protection Ordinances being added to County Charters as we speak.
We shouldn't have to do it, but it seems necessary these days.

I really, really feel sorry for the people that they get to do this gun grab thing! It won't end well and could escalate things very quickly!
I seem to recall history as painting the Prohibition Era as a very violent time??

Thanks to those that could elaborate on the subject, I was not up to retyping the article.

There is a new, proposed, non profit (sic) group calling itself "State of Safety", to lead "conversations" about gun safety in OR. They will apply for non profit status, so will be exempt from disclosing their sources of funding. It is headed by a Henry Wessinger. I wonder if its non-profit application can be contested in some way. Can't link to the article because our local paper requires a subscription to access.
Getting a 501 c3 is around $400 if I remember correctly and you'd better have (and keep) the paperwork squared up. C3's are limited respective of political acts/support/activities etc vs a c4. A little bit of violating c3 status can get the status revoked super quick when a VALID complaint is lodged and a violation of the rules occurs per the IRS. Dealing with the IRS can be a strain.

Concerning the question, "I wonder if its non-profit application can be contested in some way.", the answer, as far as I know, is no. But a legitimate/valid/factual complaint to the IRS, to the extent the c3 is violating the terms required by the IRS to have the c3 status can result in said organization losing it's c3 status. As noted below, c4's find ways to circumvent the IRS requirements but CAN be shut down with proof of violations.

501 c3's; These organizations operate for religious, charitable, scientific or educational purposes. These groups are not supposed to engage in any political activities, though some voter registration activities are permitted. Donations to these organizations are tax-deductible.

501 c4's; These are commonly referred to as "social welfare" organizations. They may engage in political activities, as long as these activities do not become their primary purpose. The IRS has never defined what "primary" means, or how a percentage should be calculated, so the current de facto rule is 49.9 percent of overall expenditures, a limit that some groups have found easy to circumvent. Donations to these groups are not tax-deductible.

Dan

Sidenote: Henry Wessinger, an heir to the Blitz-Weinhard brewing fortune.
Henry Wessinger
Chief Petitioner IP-44 Oregonians for Safe Gun Storage and Reporting Lost/Stolen Firearms
Portland, Oregon / Philanthropy
Current: The Hilltop Foundation
Previous: Northwest Outward Bound School
Development Director
Northwest Outward Bound School
2017 – 2017 less than a year
Portland, Oregon
Education: The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance and Financial Management Services
1976 – 1978

University of Oregon

Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Economics
1972 – 1976
0?e=1540425600&v=beta&t=rvFPkv2_LvIdqOmbNV5rMoC8GMAn53OJY6fd907QYe4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ The 501(C) status was challenged on both parties during the I.P. 43 and 44 process, I believe @ZigZagZeke even got a letter back from the I.R.S. stating they had received notice but would not say what ( if any action) would be taken! I suspect the State A.G. stepped in and "set things right" for the I.P. sponsors, But cannot confirm such!
Interesting that they would choose the rather nefarious 501(C)(4) status of "Dark Money" to run this campaign and I note Mr. Wissinger is close buddies with a certain Billionaire up north, former classmates in fact ( coincidence?) Also, one of the co sponsors of I.P. 44 is a citizen of New York State ( her self with very strong ties to M.Bloomberg) and is co chairing this latest start up! SO, it's no stretch to follow the money to the top elites to discover the root concerns and agenda here.
It also looks to me like they have found some key points to use against the Pro 2nd side and the NRA and other concerned and that they will be using those "Loopholes" in our States current system to ram through a set of laws and/or ordinances to side step both State and Fed Constitutions! Worse if if bloody Kate takes a second term, which will allow something like this to really build steam in the State! Watch out my brothers and sisters to the north, your next, what ever these axxholes come up with here, they will certainly run with up there in Olympia with the added gusto of success down here! Gonna be a very interesting few years!

Getting a 501 c3 is around $400 if I remember correctly and you'd better have (and keep) the paperwork squared up. C3's are limited respective of political acts/support/activities etc vs a c4. A little bit of violating c3 status can get the status revoked super quick when a VALID complaint is lodged and a violation of the rules occurs per the IRS. Dealing with the IRS can be a strain.

Concerning the question, "I wonder if its non-profit application can be contested in some way.", the answer, as far as I know, is no. But a legitimate/valid/factual complaint to the IRS, to the extent the c3 is violating the terms required by the IRS to have the c3 status can result in said organization losing it's c3 status. As noted below, c4's find ways to circumvent the IRS requirements but CAN be shut down with proof of violations.

501 c3's; These organizations operate for religious, charitable, scientific or educational purposes. These groups are not supposed to engage in any political activities, though some voter registration activities are permitted. Donations to these organizations are tax-deductible.

501 c4's; These are commonly referred to as "social welfare" organizations. They may engage in political activities, as long as these activities do not become their primary purpose. The IRS has never defined what "primary" means, or how a percentage should be calculated, so the current de facto rule is 49.9 percent of overall expenditures, a limit that some groups have found easy to circumvent. Donations to these groups are not tax-deductible.

Dan

Sidenote: Henry Wessinger, an heir to the Blitz-Weinhard brewing fortune.
Henry Wessinger
Chief Petitioner IP-44 Oregonians for Safe Gun Storage and Reporting Lost/Stolen Firearms
Portland, Oregon / Philanthropy
Current: The Hilltop Foundation
Previous: Northwest Outward Bound School
Development Director
Northwest Outward Bound School
2017 – 2017 less than a year
Portland, Oregon
Education: The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance and Financial Management Services
1976 – 1978

University of Oregon

Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Economics
1972 – 1976
View attachment 491972
Thank You!!
The SOS lists his address as:
Henry Wessinger
1000 SW Vista Ave #1105
Portland, OR 97205

His phone as : 503-329-6719

This is public record, so should be OK to post.

Last Edited:
@deckert Good information there to keep in mind.

I think you forgot to add dooshbag and meddler of other people's lives in the sidenote though

Well said!! IP44 would have punished property owners for crimes committed against them. In Josephine County, I believe property crimes are now rarely prosecuted.

If they want to save lives, (????) why don't they pursue a "three strikes" law for Oregon?? And take away prosecutor's ability to plea down serious crimes to avoid such law??

I'm so sick and tired of groups citizens working tireless to violate the rights of other citizens. I wish we, as a nation, would take a good, hard look at just how vile such a thing is. I'm not holding my breath on that one ...

At some point they're going to have to realize the simple fact that we have guns! Lots of guns, the ones they want to take and we have trillions of rounds.
People need to be very careful what they wish for. Unintended consequences and all that.

At some point they're going to have to realize the simple fact that we have guns! Lots of guns, the ones they want to take and we have trillions of rounds.
People need to be very careful what they wish for. Unintended consequences and all that.

Yep, you can't try and take away guns without guns. Soooo, it's bound to get messy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top