JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Henry Wessinger is one of the descendent's of Henry Weinhard, of the Blitz Weinhard brewery. He is also one of the sponsors of IP44. apparently has an agenda.
I guess that means no more Weinhard's Root Beer for me... can't stand that Kemper crap, so it's back to looking for something better than A&W.

If one of these groups does manage to get an initiative on the ballot (I really don't see that happening) and it somehow passes it won't affect me in any way. My laws are spelled out quite clearly in the Bill of Rights.

Shall Not Be Infringed.

I dare them to come and take them.

Here is my letter to Mr. Wessinger, he purports to want a "discussion" about firearm safety, so I started one for him:

August 24, 2018
To: Henry Wessinger

Re: "State of Safety"

Sir:

I understand you, or someone, experienced a tragedy regarding a stolen firearm. Condolences for that. Your attack on innocent homeowners/firearms owners for the crimes of others is Unconstitutional, Unamerican, and totally misses the point. You are simply acting as a pawn, or "useful idiot", to curtail the rights of American Citizens to the ability to protect their selves and their families.

Was the perpetrator in your tragedy a repeat offender, of any type??

You purport to want to form a "non-profit" corporation knowing damn well, you intend to profit handsomely from Soros, Bloomberg, Gates, or whomever else you latch onto to support your evil schemes. You also know you are definitely politically motivated. So, the 501 c3 scheme is dishonesty on your part, and brands you as a liar and a cheat.

IP44 would have criminalized ME, if someone broke into my home and stole MY property. Property crimes are no longer prosecuted to any extent in Josephine County. THAT, is something you should legitimately work on.

You want to talk about "Safety"?? Here are a couple ideas. Go after CRIMINALS. Initiate a "Three Strikes" law for Oregon. Insist property crimes be prosecuted and count toward the "Three Strikes", and prosecutors are unable to plea down cases to avoid the law!!! Even the NRA would be on board to help with this.. And you would save lives!!

Second: Put an end to our status as a "Sanctuary State" and insist ALL ILLEGALS be subject to removal. After serving proper prison time, if they commit a crime.

You purport to want to initiate a "discussion" about firearm safety?? This is substantial material to start a "discussion"!! Start with ME, you coward!!

Al V

The Constitution says.jpg

If one of these groups does manage to get an initiative on the ballot (I really don't see that happening) and it somehow passes it won't affect me in any way. My laws are spelled out quite clearly in the Bill of Rights. Shall Not Be Infringed.
I dare them to come and take them.
While I agree in context, I can not agree (at this point in time) in action. These 'groups' WILL get some type of something on the ballot (s) just because they have the financial backing of anti-gun billionaires. Make no mistake about it, they WILL get something in/on a ballot. And yes it WILL affect you!
I've run this scenario over & over again in my situation. Here's where/what I've been conflicted on. If 'something' (whatever it is) mandates/orders a legal & lawful ARMED government agency to come to my residence and demand an inspection/registration/confiscation (legal or not) of whatever I posses, would I hold said agency off @ gunpoint if I deemed their actions illegal? Add to this is wherein one of the agents is my neighbor Bob/Gloria (or any poor slob) that believes in the same Constitutional rights as I do but is being ordered/coerced to violate my rights under threat of being fired. Would I, should I, could I shoot them to prevent them from violating my legal constitutional rights? Therein lies the conundrum!

I would sincerely hope said law enforcement individuals would have the where-with-all to resist said orders and refuse to comply with illegal & unconstitutional orders. BUT, I'm not going to hold my breath on that aspect because there will always be that yahoo moron that believes the 'higher ups' are in the right and has no compunction on filling me full of lead weight for any reason what-so-ever. I was going to say democrats instead of 'higher ups' but that would probably be politically discriminatory so I won't say it.

Point being, I'll fight in the courts as long as I can to avoid personal injury but my fall back plan wouldn't be as you asserted, "I dare them to come and take them." , it would be, "Don't worry, I'll be bringing them to you, 45~150 grains at a time."

We/I can only hope the sanctity of mankind will be tempered by common sense and an ability to work together in some type of compromise that works for all of us without foregoing our constitutional rights. But... don't expect me to EVER be submissive should you decide to trample or violate my civil & constitutional rights!
BTW: There is NO such thing as gun violence but there is such a thing as people violence.
>For the less educated, the above statement means it's people harming other people..​

Dan

While I agree in context, I can not agree (at this point in time) in action. These 'groups' WILL get some type of something on the ballot (s) just because they have the financial backing of anti-gun billionaires. Make no mistake about it, they WILL get something in/on a ballot. And yes it WILL affect you!
I've run this scenario over & over again in my situation. Here's where/what I've been conflicted on. If 'something' (whatever it is) mandates/orders a legal & lawful ARMED government agency to come to my residence and demand an inspection/registration/confiscation (legal or not) of whatever I posses, would I hold said agency off @ gunpoint if I deemed their actions illegal? Add to this is wherein one of the agents is my neighbor Bob/Gloria (or any poor slob) that believes in the same Constitutional rights as I do but is being ordered/coerced to violate my rights under threat of being fired. Would I, should I, could I shoot them to prevent them from violating my legal constitutional rights? Therein lies the conundrum!

I would sincerely hope said law enforcement individuals would have the where-with-all to resist said orders and refuse to comply with illegal & unconstitutional orders. BUT, I'm not going to hold my breath on that aspect because there will always be that yahoo moron that believes the 'higher ups' are in the right and has no compunction on filling me full of lead weight for any reason what-so-ever. I was going to say democrats instead of 'higher ups' but that would probably be politically discriminatory so I won't say it.

Point being, I'll fight in the courts as long as I can to avoid personal injury but my fall back plan wouldn't be as you asserted, "I dare them to come and take them." , it would be, "Don't worry, I'll be bringing them to you, 45~150 grains at a time."

We/I can only hope the sanctity of mankind will be tempered by common sense and an ability to work together in some type of compromise that works for all of us without foregoing our constitutional rights. But... don't expect me to EVER be submissive should you decide to trample or violate my civil & constitutional rights!
BTW: There is NO such thing as gun violence but there is such a thing as people violence.
>For the less educated, the above statement means it's people harming other people..​

Dan

Respectfully Dan, I've put 43 good years on this rock. Doing what is right. Looking out for others. Saving lives.

That said, I will NOT COMPLY. So no, it does NOT affect me.

And thank you for the well thought out post.

More on this...

As a lowly civilian, I have stopped an armed robbery with my firearm, pulled people out of a burning apartment fire, performed CPR on a perfect stranger (who lived BTW). All while raising a little girl by myself (she's 21 now). I always seemed to be in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time. I feel lucky that I have walked away from bad situations while making sure others did as well. So to me, I've done what I was put on this planet to do, and anything else is either a blessing or a curse.

So no, I will not comply. No, I will not be herded like sheep into a corral just to be either imprisoned or even worse by the powers that be.

I will however, and have always, look out for my fellow brothers and sisters and fight for the rights given to us. By our forefathers. And if that means it's my time, well......this is and has always been a one way ticket.

Doing what is RIGHT always carries risk. It's those that are willing to shoulder it how I want to be remembered.

So what @Kruel J and @Ura-Ki are really saying, if I may, is that Brothers in Arms are going to need to band together and fight the scorage that we see unfolding before us, that we will not succumb to unjust laws designed by man and we will not surrender our God given rights to protect ourselves, our families and our
loved ones...

So what @Kruel J and @Ura-Ki are really saying, if I may, is that Brothers in Arms are going to need to band together and fight the scorage that we see unfolding before us, that we will not succumb to unjust laws designed by man and we will not surrender our God given rights to protect ourselves, our families and our
loved ones...

Nailed it.

loved ones...
Yup, that's about the size of it!

Looking back at the lack of fear the Black Panther Party showed against the establishment and the fear that put into the government is what shook the gun control apple cart. The BPP was unapologetic and mostly within the law, so much so they had to change the laws.

The point here being, once the establishment understands the people won't back down and have guns they have to either take the guns or change the laws. It was eaiser to change the laws because the BPP was relatively small and unpopular. Look what only a very small handful of people did at the Bundy ranch and here in Oregon.

What would happen if 100 armed citizens protest in 10 major cities in each state across the nation? Would Portland's mayor order the local police stand down like he did with ICE? Local government doesn't have the manpower they lead the public to believe (They have). These people keep looking at the thousands at unarmed protests and think it's the same.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top