JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Are there any copies of correspondence from the LGC to the Senators or bill sponsors? Or, any OregonLive postings authored by these anti-gun advocates?

Are there any copies of correspondence from the LGC to the Senators or bill sponsors? Or, any OregonLive postings authored by these anti-gun advocates?

Not that I have seen as of yet. Of course they may not be wanting to tilt their hand. When I lobbied I kept my stuff closed until it was public knowledge. Stuff gets out, allows them to brace for it.

Ok, here is their plan: they will "bargain out" 10-rd mags instead of 5-rd and 40 rounds per month instead of 20 and we will call this
. Your probably right they will try to make it appear as common sense and respect for the 2a .Everything they do or say is footwork towards the next big con job.

Oregon Chapter of The Liberal Gun Club walking the walk. Nice job, folks. Look for Oregon LGC to be involved in defeating other gun control bills that are up for consideration this year. As for the cynics out there... the LGC is going to be fighting for 2A issues whether you believe it - or like it - or not.

liberal anti-gun peeps hate gun owners period. even if said gun owner is also a liberal.

Gun owners of all colors shapes sizes sexes etc are labeled as monsters and murderers and criminals by the extreme left. They're labeling particular firearms as the cause of mass shootings rather than the real cause: bad parenting and lack of discipline.

It's easier to blame an object and spin a few lies about said object than it is to take responsibility.

Plenty of other problems with today's society but i'm not lookin to write a novel on it.

Oregon Chapter of The Liberal Gun Club walking the walk. Nice job, folks. Look for Oregon LGC to be involved in defeating other gun control bills that are up for consideration this year. As for the cynics out there... the LGC is going to be fighting for 2A issues whether you believe it - or like it - or not.
Impressive, and way to not be swayed by other outside influences.

Lol. How many dupes can we get singing the praises of the LGC on one thread? Lobbying Senator Johnson?!?!? Anyone with sense has been lobbying her and supporting her on anti-gun issues since the issue heated up again because she is a conservative Democrat.

My sense of the LGC is that they are vile, as in "Chickens for Col. Sanders" level vile. To have any call for a pat on the back, they have to do WAAAAYYYY better than lobbying the low hanging fruit that is Senator Johnson. Have some standards.

Ditto.
As we know, bolsheviks also were proud gun owners.
They used their guns a lot.
liberal anti-gun peeps hate gun owners period. even if said gun owner is also a liberal.

Gun owners of all colors shapes sizes sexes etc are labeled as monsters and murderers and criminals by the extreme left. They're labeling particular firearms as the cause of mass shootings rather than the real cause: bad parenting and lack of discipline.

It's easier to blame an object and spin a few lies about said object than it is to take responsibility.

Plenty of other problems with today's society but i'm not lookin to write a novel on it.

Lol. How many dupes can we get singing the praises of the LGC on one thread? Lobbying Senator Johnson?!?!? Anyone with sense has been lobbying her and supporting her on anti-gun issues since the issue heated up again because she is a conservative Democrat.

My sense of the LGC is that they are vile, as in "Chickens for Col. Sanders" level vile. To have any call for a pat on the back, they have to do WAAAAYYYY better than lobbying the low hanging fruit that is Senator Johnson. Have some standards.

We weren't lobbying her, were touching base taking advantage of her encyclopedic knowledge of state politics. I liked her very much, knowing all along that she is more conservative than us.
We don't need your back pat. We didn't start these threads. Some of you are on our closed forums and monitor us and relay content from there to here. That is what happened. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered to inform you of what's going on because I have better things to do.

@Boats are you sure you are reading the responses correctly ? People are cautious here, my self included.
No one here is saying lets take the LGC freedom train. But they did do something that was usual and that is being noted here, and shared by them. If you are not happy with the LGC actions go to there FB or website tell them how you feel.. No one here was making this hostile, just using caution. I would like for it to stay civil, no reason to not be civil. But for all thats holy, lets not turn this into a bash thread.....:rolleyes: B the way disagreeing and being civil can be done, I do it all the time with the opposition.

Snakes in sheeps clothing.How did that liberal super-majority get there in the first place??

2017 -2018 Hey Liberal Gun club why aren't you fighting for rights we both share.
Us, because they are just hiding their true colors of wanting gun control or else they would be fighting to save them
So don't trust liberals.

2019 ( same forum) Hey we can't trust LGC because they are talking with the opposition and working to stopping gun control.

This regardless of what side you are on is why we are confusing to anyone we want to discuss our gun rights with.
Dems already have a majority, so why would LGC pick now to use leverage if they had ill intent.

I am not saying to trust them not saying to do so, saying really what harm can come from it, then ask what good could?
My book, really goes after the left and shows evidence of such action, and the LGC having ill intent right now would be useless.
But they could have a positive influence, and what have we lost if they didn't?

Oh well, beatin that dead horse,

3B24FF52-97D9-4CB1-B55C-26FAF8A2E3AE.jpeg New liberal gun lovers form a club. That's new! Where were they all this time? At the same time Antifa gets interested in guns all across the country?? What a coincidence!

@Jim Colvill - you and I have met before and I know you're as strong a supporter of the 2nd as anyone here. I appreciate your efforts and those of the LGC.

I'm going to say this, for probably the hundredth time on this forum - gun rights are for EVERYONE. Left, right, center. It doesn't matter. Yes, a vocal group on the left is constantly pushing for more gun control, but they do not speak for everyone who consider themselves liberals or democrats. Many of them are just as frustrated and have withheld votes and support for those attacking these rights.

Let's get it straight here folks - there are simply not enough votes among conservatives in Oregon to stop these attacks. We must have more support. We need independents, libertarians, and yes, liberals, to help us fight this. The more folks that learn how important those rights are, the better for everyone. And, as I've said many times before - if we can find a way to make gun control toxic for the left, then they will drop it. We should be celebrating those on the left that are actively fighting against their own party to stop this stuff. Seriously, we need the help. What we've been doing is simply not working.

So yes, thank you LGC for making an effort to protect gun rights for all of us.

@Jim Colvill - you and I have met before and I know you're as strong a supporter of the 2nd as anyone here. I appreciate your efforts and those of the LGC.

I'm going to say this, for probably the hundredth time on this forum - gun rights are for EVERYONE. Left, right, center. It doesn't matter. Yes, a vocal group on the left is constantly pushing for more gun control, but they do not speak for everyone who consider themselves liberals or democrats. Many of them are just as frustrated and have withheld votes and support for those attacking these rights.

Let's get it straight here folks - there are simply not enough votes among conservatives in Oregon to stop these attacks. We must have more support. We need independents, libertarians, and yes, liberals, to help us fight this. The more folks that learn how important those rights are, the better for everyone. And, as I've said many times before - if we can find a way to make gun control toxic for the left, then they will drop it. We should be celebrating those on the left that are actively fighting against their own party to stop this stuff. Seriously, we need the help. What we've been doing is simply not working.

So yes, thank you LGC for making an effort to protect gun rights for all of us.

Why does everything have to be so complicated......it was much easier when you had just England to contend with :p

Please keep in mind the LGC is a relatively new group. The membership is polled annually and the overwhelming decision of the last poll was to take a more activist stand. Thanks to increase in membership and younger, more activist members, we are only now making forays into endorsing candidates and making our presence known among lawmakers. The Oregon LGC has grown since it's inception two years ago and some good people with experience in the political arena have joined and I expect more to come. Whether anyone likes it or not we are here and we're not going away.

Truth be told if it wasn't for France using our revolution as a proxy against England we would probably still be part of the Commonwealth.

Very true...... lost of things lined up ....I am hoping this move by LGC helps things line up.
Just allot of things to consider and most we wont know until the sessions are over.

Please keep in mind the LGC is a relatively new group. The membership is polled annually and the overwhelming decision of the last poll was to take a more activist stand. Thanks to increase in membership and younger, more activist members, we are only now making forays into endorsing candidates and making our presence known among lawmakers. The Oregon LGC has grown since it's inception two years ago and some good people with experience in the political arena have joined and I expect more to come. Whether anyone likes it or not we are here and we're not going away.

I have to say this is all very interesting, and something not quite seen yet.
Its that lack of prior example that peaks the interest on how this will play out.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR